Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, are guilds worth joining?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    not sure about the guild scene nowadays, but like 6-7 years guilds were awesome tbh. i'm sounding like the unpopular opinion but really, i don't enjoy neo/pet sites without friends. so, if you can find an active guild that sounds like it tickles your peach, i'm all for it! definitely a fun way to socialize and keep neo interesting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to astrocat For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    (not a) bold take but I'd say this forum is better than any guild I could ever be on neo.
    1) freedom to type whatever we want (without the lame filters and censorship)
    2) fun people
    3) better memes
    ... I could go on...

So I don't see the reason.

Not to mention I personally like to stay as anonymous as it is possible on neo with my main: no posting on boards and guilds. I think it's safer that way.

If I would join any guild it would be that obelisk skirmmish one to get the results but yet again I already have this lovely community for that

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturnine For This Useful Post:

Autobot (09-23-2020),BubbleBass (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    Not to mention I personally like to stay as anonymous as it is possible on neo with my main: no posting on boards and guilds. I think it's safer that way.
    I agree, I minimize my posts on the boards for this reason. But at the same time I'd at least like some on-site friends I could share my achievements and pets with even if they were acquired through illegal means.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BubbleBass For This Useful Post:

Autobot (09-23-2020),Saturnine (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    121d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I usually stay off the boards and away from guilds as much as possible to avoid getting frozen. My rule is to always avoid attention due to being illegit and all. I'd rather just come here to talk about Neo without risk of being iced because of someone like jawsch reporting you

In the early days of Neo I was active in a few guilds namely Battlers of Aeon, Celestial Dawn, Legendary Warriors and SpankaroonieTwo's Book World. Guilds were really active in those days but one thing to consider was that guilds came around when Neopets was popular and browser/flash games were as Donna stated in the AMA - "cutting-edge technology for its time". This was also pre-social media where apps like MSN messenger, AIM and mIRC were insanely popular. There used to be guild and RS chatrooms in these platforms with a TONNE of people in them talking about anything and everything Neopets.

I play other games like World of Warcraft and Valorant where voice communication is key to playing the game properly. Most games have transitioned to voice/video and I honestly just cannot be bothered trying to converse with people on Neopets anymore. I still do of course message other players to make trades for items I want but i'm very careful about which accounts I have that do that. Maybe I am being way too cautious about the whole thing as I have lost my fair share of really good accounts and rare items.

Guilds on Neopets are literally stuck in early 2000s internet and needs more features for sure. I dont think mobile will reinvigorate guilds either.
    Last edited by nataurs; 09-23-2020 at 11:35 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nataurs For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Some guilds seem very interesting and active. But I'm antisocial and an achiever, so when I see the number of messages I have to send to get to a high rank this really puts me off. Usually I just create my own guild and put some godly rank for myself, and set the guild as secret lol I love getting stuff for free though, and some guilds do that. So in conclusion, people make some guilds great, but I'm not great with people.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chenbi For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-23-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 9h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I've never been all that big into guilds. I'm super shy at first, so getting comfy in one was never a process I felt inclined to pursue. When I was a kid the idea of being in some elite/exclusive guild really appealed to me, but I was in middle school and not good enough to meet any of the requirements. I'm in one now, but it's mostly because I got invited to a friend's discord server and most of them were in the same guild, but I still only talk to them on discord, so not really sure if there was a point in joining.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-23-2020)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Before I was able to make friends offsite, I had pretty much no friends onsite, and the guilds are where I would try and find them. Yet I really only wanted a guild focused on art, even though I never had the time/motivation to work on art for their events and art swaps...so needless to say it didn't work out. Even the art guild I'm in on a side doesn't seem like it's been active with activities in months, if not a year. Just members posting about how busy they've been, which, understandable. I do still love the idea of guilds and I might try and find one that isn't totally centered around art sometime, just to try and make some friends onsite.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Autobot (09-23-2020),BubbleBass (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think guilds are awesome! I myself am not really active but I do love spending my time in my guild when I can! Some of them have really great features and nice people to talk with. I like also some games from guilds that helps achieving goals or just having fun.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilostitch For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-23-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    4d 3h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I really like being in a guild on neo! When I first got back on the site, I just felt really isolated and a guild kind of fixed that for me! Get to talk to some people on site who can help with some of my goals and can keep you motivated. But I join guilds where theyre lax about posting/being active because I just cannot commit that much energy to them sometimes depending on work.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TipsyTay For This Useful Post:

BubbleBass (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 21h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by alister View Post
    I'm not in a guild anymore, and am not intending to be for a while because I'm in incognito mode as I integrate bought pets into my accounts and don't want people looking at my profile. But I might risk all that if I happened to find some old school, over the top dramatic and still active lupe roleplay guild. Take me back to 2003, guys
    lmao I long for the lupe roleplaying drama and sparklewolf designs.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prose Edda For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-23-2020),Bellz (09-23-2020),dustyc (09-23-2020)