93 times
    Time Online
    21d 4h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

[Guide] NC UCs: How to use UC styles / Send UC styles to your friends

Introduction
    As of 23rd January 2024, UCs are finally (officially) making their comeback

TNT has launched two new pages specifically for the NC UC process. Since these features are slightly
    different than normal customization, this guide will go through the most common actions you'll want to take.

Contents
    #1: How to get your NC UC.
    #2: How to take the UC style off / put it back on.
    #3: How to trade NC UCs.

Basic Information
    (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links)

If you want a UC Neopet, you now need NC items. The items are species-specific and color-specific. For example,
    'Nostalgic Faerie Xweetok' can be used on ANY Xweetok to make it look like a UC Faerie Xweetok. But it cannot be used
    on other species. The NC UC style can be removed or re-added to your pet at will. It can also be traded away.

For in-depth information about available colors, NC prices, TNT announcements and more, check out my other thread:
    (you need an account to see links)

If you are starting from scratch and need to buy a new NC UC, start here. If you already have a NC UC style in your inventory
    (e.g. 'Nostalgic Faerie Xweetok') to use, just put the item into your Styling Chamber and toggle it on (see Walkthrough #2).

Step 1: Make sure you have Styling Studio Supplies or Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies in your inventory.
    (What's the difference? Normal supplies give you a random color from what's currently available. Deluxe supplies let you choose.)

Step 2: In the Styling Studio, click the species of the pet you want to turn into a UC. (Species you don't own are grayed out.)

Step 3: Click to continue.

Step 4: Click pet you want to transform, select which type of Styling Studio Supplies you want to use, and click to continue.

Step 5: If you are using a Deluxe item, you may choose a specific color at this stage. Otherwise, click to continue.
    (Alert! If you continue, your item will be consumed and turned into a NC UC style item instead (in this case, 'Nostalgic Faerie Draik').)

Step 1: In Styling Chamber, click on the style you want to toggle.

Step 2: Toggle off: Click 'Remove Style' and then save your changes.

Step 3: Toggle on: Click 'Apply to Pet' and then save your changes.

If you want to trade one of the styles in your Styling Chamber, follow this walkthrough. If you want to trade a Styling
    Studio Supplies item, just put it in a box and send it directly because it is a normal NC item.

Step 1: Make sure the style you want to trade has been toggled off first. This is important!

Step 2: Make sure you have a Gift Box available, so you can actually send the style.
    (How to obtain? You get Basic Gift Boxes from Trudy's Surprise and certain NC top-up cards. You can also open GBCs
    (Gift Box Mystery Capsules), which are always available in the NC Mall. Opening 1 GBC gives you at least 2 boxes.)

Step 3: In Styling Chamber, click the style and select 'Move to Inventory'.

Step 4: You can now trade the style like an NC item. Simply go to the NC section of your inventory, box it up and send it!

Last edited by Vis; 01-24-2024 at 04:42 PM.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Anybody (01-24-2024),Ariealle (01-24-2024),aymo (01-24-2024),Charmander (01-24-2024),Cherubi (01-26-2024),DarkSkies (01-24-2024),Delibird (01-24-2024),Druid (01-26-2024),Excalibur (01-24-2024),Hollow (01-24-2024),Ice (01-27-2024),isopods (01-24-2024),♥ lint ♥ (01-24-2024),Lyrichord (01-24-2024),Mario2302 (01-24-2024),♥ Munna ♥ (01-24-2024),Nyu (02-14-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (01-25-2024),rina (01-27-2024),Sakuras (01-24-2024),Shockz (01-27-2024),♥ Styx ♥ (01-24-2024),Uma (01-24-2024),vtra (01-24-2024),ZeroTwo (01-24-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I have a question - if I want to turn a pet into an NC UC with a token, how would that work if i also wanted to lab zap the pet for BD stat purposes?

If it zaps to another species, would the token come off and return to my inventory? Would I need to morph it back to re attach?

Does this mean that morphing potions will now be more valuable than paint brushes?

- - - Updated - - -

I was also wondering about the styles that dont show up in the style studio. Are those colors unavailable? For example, Royal? Would i have to do an nc trade to get a color like that?

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    58 times
    Time Online
    36d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I have a question if you remove your style from the pet, it get removed forever?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    158 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTwo View Post
    I have a question if you remove your style from the pet, it get removed forever?
    No it stays the same UC style you customised when you put it on your pet in the first place.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Delibird For This Useful Post:

Vis (01-24-2024)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post
    I have a question - if I want to turn a pet into an NC UC with a token, how would that work if i also wanted to lab zap the pet for BD stat purposes?

If it zaps to another species, would the token come off and return to my inventory? Would I need to morph it back to re attach?

Does this mean that morphing potions will now be more valuable than paint brushes?

- - - Updated - - -

I was also wondering about the styles that dont show up in the style studio. Are those colors unavailable? For example, Royal? Would i have to do an nc trade to get a color like that?
    Your lab won't affect your pet with skin UNLESS the lab grants a species change. If that happens, your skin would be automatically removed and back to your inventory/NC Style Chamber.

If you want to use same skin on that same pet, since token is species specific you would need to morph the pet again. Otherwise, you can only reuse your skin on another pet that has same species.

Yes, MPs are already skyrocketing.

Right only Darigan, Faerie and Grey are available through mall.

Unreleased tokens can be trade on boards, I haven't tried it but if anyone has done this kind of trade let us know if it works (I supposed cap/nc values are all over the place too...)

@(you need an account to see links) just as Delibird says, only way to get rid of a skin you've already bought would be trading to another account with a gift box or using a recycle cookie I guess.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Vis (01-24-2024),ZeroTwo (01-27-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    as someone who had no idea what to do or what they were doing thank you for this sweet guide! any questions now i know where to go!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Vis (01-24-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    21d 4h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Unreleased tokens can be trade on boards, I haven't tried it but if anyone has done this kind of trade let us know if it works (I supposed cap/nc values are all over the place too...)
    Gonna touch on this point since all the other questions have been answered (I love the cK community!)

There has been at least one such trade already, someone else posted about it on one of the UC threads on cK and I'm trying to find it again. In a nutshell, yes to NC trading, yes to launch day value uncertainty and much speculation.

Edit: I remembered the trade values wrong, what I gave was an undervalue To avoid message duplication, please see the actual offered value in my next post.
    Last edited by Vis; 01-24-2024 at 04:18 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-24-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    IIRC, the trade was 20 GBCs for 1 'Nostalgic Royalgirl Kyrii'. I'll update this comment with a link to the original message if I find it.
    It feels.. not too bad?

Do we think the NC Value Guide people will track these trades too?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    93 times
    Time Online
    21d 4h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    It feels.. not too bad?

Do we think the NC Value Guide people will track these trades too?
    So it turns out I remembered the number wrong AND the item wrong, sorry It was actually someone offering 25 Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies for it. Let's compare the values.

This is where /~Owls and /~Maureen jumble together, so what I'd expect to see is a petpage emerging where someone tracks the publicly available trade information, like 'This species+color went for # GBCs in January 2024'. There's already page that does this for old school UCs and one for BD pets, so let's just watch out for the NC UC one!
    Last edited by Vis; 01-24-2024 at 04:37 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Wow that's... more than the previous price for a VWN UC RG Kyrii here on CK, no?

UPDATE
    Owls will be lauching a page to track Nostaligc token trades!
    Here's the announcement @(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Pam; 01-24-2024 at 06:39 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-24-2024),Sakuras (01-24-2024),Vis (01-25-2024)