Thread: [GUIDE] Battledome Sets 101: Plot Preparation!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 19h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

[GUIDE] Battledome Sets 101: Plot Preparation!

The Definitive Guide to Battledome Sets
    Preparation for the Plot

There’s a plot coming up, and with the plot we have been told there will be a war or some form of Battledome element involved. Some of us are Battledome veterans, but a lot of us are fairly clueless about what our Battledome sets should look like.

This guide aims to serve as the Battledome set 101, whether you're a newbie to the BD world, a veteran who's unaware of the current situation of the Battledome, or just someone looking to see what the best weapon you should use in a certain price range is. In this guide I’m going to give you a few set options for various budget ranges.

A lot of people will tell you if your pet is under a certain number of stats you don’t need to spend too much money because your pet cannot ‘utilize’ the full potential of the NP you spend on those weapons.

We’re going to ignore those people. I’ll tell you why in a minute.

This guide is going to help you build a set for 1-Player (1p) Battledome opponents, where icon types and usually even defence doesn't matter much or at all.

We’re also going to assume you have a basic understanding of the Battledome and know what the strength and defence boosts are. Incase you don’t here’s a brief explanation.

What these sets will not cover is training methods, battle strategies, and pet species specific weapons. For notes and strategies on these, check the spoilers at the end of the guide.

This guide can be used by everybody regardless of what stats your pet has or what species it is. Chances are if you’re looking at the higher end of the weapon range, you’ve had atleast some amount of training on your pet.

With these assumptions what this guide is going to do, is provide the most balls out, power focused weapon sets that money can buy in your budget range irrespective of how low your pets stats might be. Because let’s be honest here, even if you aren’t at the higher end of strength boosts, you still want to hit as hard as you can right? Great. In that case the only thing you should be concerned with is the cost of equipment, and what the best weapon choices are at those price points.

Before we get into that, let’s talk about Faerie Abilities. Depending on your pet’s level, I’m going to tell you the abilities you should have and what they do and how to use them. Some of these are worth levelling up to and I’ll mark them accordingly.

Faerie Abilities

These are the abilities you should teach your pet. I’ll only list the ones you need at that level, and not the other options, to keep this easy and concise.

The ‘Cost’ refers to how many Weak Bottled Faerie blessings you need of that type to learn the ability.

Note: Each Weak Bottled Faerie can give you 1-2 blessings so you won’t need to buy as many Faeries as the number of blessings required as you will get a fair few bottles that grant you 2 blessings.

The below will be in this format:

Level X : Ability Name
    Effect
    Review
    Cost: Number of faerie blessings required by type.

---

Level 1 : Static Cling
    3 light icons damage of damage
    The Level 1 abilities are free, and you can use this every turn for 3 constant light icons of damage. You’re probably not going to need this unless you’re going in with an untrained pet.
    Cost: Free

Level 5 : Shade
    Blocks 3 random icons calculated by your opponent’s defence. Has a 10 round cool down.
    This blocks three random icons, going by your opponent’s defence stat. Again you’re probably not going to use this but keep it nonetheless as it’s the best one in this tier.
    Cost: 2x Dark Faerie blessings

Level 10 :
    This tier can be ignored

Level 25 : An Icicle
    5 water attack icons of damage
    This ability is great because you can use it on every turn, and does 6 water icons of damage every time. If you’re using a lower budget set, definitely consider levelling up to Level 25 to learn this ability to give your attacks the extra damage power.
    Cost: 10x Water Faerie blessings

Level 50 : Lens Flare
    Disables all weapons and abilities your opponent uses for this turn. Can only be used once per battle.
    This is the best ability in the game along with Warlock’s rage (Level 200). Use this first turn and attack with your strongest weapons to get a free attack, you will take a guaranteed 0 damage. If you have the time and money to train up to level 50 this is a must have. You should consider even levelling up to 50 JUST to have this ability. The only weapon in the game that does this is Thyoras Tear which costs 200 million give or take.
    Cost: 15x Light Faerie blessings

Level 100 :
    This tier can be ignored

Level 200 : Warlock’s Rage
    Disables all weapons and abilities your opponent uses for this turn. Can only be used once per battle.
    This a must have if you're at or around this level; and identical to Lens Flare. If you have both you get two consecutive turns of taking no damage at all from your opponent.
    Cost: 15x Fire & 25x Dark Faerie Blessings

I won’t go into the higher levels because if you’re at those levels, chances are you don’t need this guide. But if you do, feel free to reach out if you need help.

Weapons

I know you want to know which weapons to buy for your set already, but we’re going to take another little detour through the veggies before we get to the cake. For the beginners I’m going to briefly explain the weapon types we have available in the game, as this will make it easier for you to understand what your battle set comprises of.

Attackers
    These are the weapons that do damage to your opponent. They come in two types; Constants – which can be used every turn, and Once Per Battle (Also known as Bombs) which can only be used once per battle. Every weapon does a number of icons of damage. Remember the boosts we spoke about earlier? You multiply the boost you’re at, by the number of icons of the weapon, and that’s how much damage you will do to your opponent.

Defenders
    These are shields that operate in the exact same manner as attackers in terms of boosts, but they reduce that amount of damage per icon done by your opponent.

Healers
    As the name suggests, they heal your pet’s HP. You can only have one healing item in your set.

Freezers
    They freeze your opponent and you take 0 damage, same as the Lens Flare and Warlock’s Rage abilities. They come in three types, 100% freezers, non-100% freezers, and multi freezers. Pretty self explanatory. The thing to remember here is that abilities freeze in the round you use them, freezers freeze for the next round.

Reflectors
    These reflect icons of damage that your opponent does to you back onto them, and you don’t take that damage. The damage done by the reflected icons is calculated by your opponents strength boost.

Weapon Sets

Now we finally get to the fun bit. Choosing your weapon sets! To reiterate, I will create these by budget range since we’re assuming no matter what your pet’s stats are, you’re going to want the strongest weapons you can, in your budget range.

Now with weapons there’s always a lot of opinions, a lot of options, and a lot of price points, and it’s very easy to get confused which one’s to go for. Most guides you read will give you a couple or more options for the same budgets and same effects for one reason or another, and leave you more confused than you were before you read it. I’m going to keep this simple and give you the most value for money, bang for your buck, set options you should go for. I won’t confuse you with too many this or that’s. I hope.

Another thing is since these sets, as I mentioned in the beginning, will be used for the plot/war or 1p in general, we aren’t going to bother too much with the icon types. All we're concerned with is number of icons and raw power.

Inflation Alert: A lot of these prices (especially in the higher tiers) are going to be rough estimates. Battledome items are subject to huge price fluctuations and inflation, so use these prices as guidelines and try getting the best deal you can get. I'll keep updating the price info weekly until we get to the plot. The closer we get to the plot and then the war, the prices will keep going UP!

Here’s the format I’ll be following for the weapons.

Weapon Type: Item Name
    Price
    My comments

SDB Check Point - Now before we get into sets, there’s 3 weapons I want to talk about because they were all prizes either in events or the Advent Calendar, so there’s a chance you already have them, and don’t need to spend more NP on them. If you do have them, add them into that category of item unless you’re in the last (two) categories, as they’re the best weapons for those categories.

Bomb: Varia is the bomb
    Prize in the 2023 Faerieland Lost Fragments event
    One use per battle, 25 guaranteed icons, second best bomb in the game after the Ghostkerbomb which is 6mil. Replace any bomb with this if you have it (except G-Bomb), or use it additionally to the other bomb if you still want 2 bombs (not required)

Attacker/Multi-Use: Illusens Staff
    2023 Faeries Festival Prize
    This does a bunch of things, but if you’re in the first two categories of sets, you’re going to use this as a constant attacker. 13 guaranteed and up to 19 icons of damage, PLUS blocks 100% of dark and reflects 75% back as damage to the opponent. The calculation is actually way more complicated than this, but this is as much as you need to know. Also heals 20% of your HP.

Healer: Feel Better Soup
    Y24 Advent Calendar Prize
    Heals 50% HP. Blocks 100% of Air icon damage from your opponent. If you have under 50HP, still use the Lesser Healing scroll as below.

Now lets get into the actual sets, starting from the lowest budget.

40k to 100k NP Set

This is the cheapest viable 1p set you should have. With slight training you can attempt to defeat the easiest plot opponents with this.

Constant Attack: Ring of the Sway x2
    35 NP each
    Constant attackers doing 11 icons of damage each for 35NP. Really you can’t get better than this for basically free.

Bomb:
    Varia is the Bomb if you already have it, 25 guaranteed icons, one use per battle. It’s a no brainer. If you don’t have Varia, a bomb is not really required or worth it at this price point, but if you must have one, get a Honey Potion which does 13-16 icons, one use per battle and 50-75k NP.

Defence: Downsize!
    4-5k NP
    One use per battle, blocks 50% of all damage your opponents does. Don’t use on the same turn as Lens Flare or Warlock’s rage.

Healer: Lesser Healing Scroll
    Approx. 30k NP
    Heals 25 HP. The next upgrade from this weapon, Oasis Tonic heals 35 HP and costs roughly 200k. So this is far more value for money.

ALERT! There’s currently a loophole here. There’s an item called Bottled Holiday Cheer that somehow doesn’t abide by the one healer only rule, and currently can be used as a second healer. It heals 15HP and costs 50-100k. So your call if you think you need it, go for it. My suggestion, I don’t think you need it. This 'glitch' can be used in every tier if you want to.

1.5mil to 3mil NP Set

A very reasonably priced set, and hits pretty hard. If you're not going to be a BDer after the plot and don't want to make a huge investment, this set is a sweet spot.

Constant Attack: Roxtons Trusty Bowie Knife x2
    600-700k NP each
    Constant 15 icons of damage each. As a bonus it also blocks 75% of Earth icon damage your opponent might do, but that might not even be a factor. We just care about the pure damage this deals.

Bomb: Jhudora’s Potion
    1.2m NP
    Again, Varia is the Bomb if you have it way better than this, but if you don’t have it, J-Pot is cheaper. One use per battle and does a guaranteed 16 icons, and can do up to 24 icons. It can easily be avoided, but if you have the budget and want to roll the dice with higher end of that icon damage, you’re welcome to using it. If you do, use it first turn with one of the knives above and Lens Flare.

4-5k NP
    One use per battle, blocks 50% of all damage your opponents does. Don’t use on the same turn as Lens Flare or Warlock’s rage.

Healer: Greater Healing Scroll
    Approx. 200k NP
    Heals 50HP. Doesn’t need more of an explanation. Parachuting First Aid Kit heals 33% of your total HP for upwards of 600k, but you will only feel the need for it if you’re above 250HP for it to make sense with that price tag. Under 250HP, stick to the GHS.

27mil to 40mil NP Set

I think this is the segment which a majority of the players on this forum will be interested in, and in all honesty this is the best value for money set you can buy, unless you already have or want to buy the billion neopoint items in the next tier. This is priced “reasonably” (by BD standards) and has a HUGE attacking output for 1p even if you have max strength boosts at 750 attack stat. The prices also stay pretty much under control because the anagram swords and G-Bomb are Hidden Tower items, and the other items have been prizes, so there’s plenty in existence.

Don’t overthink this set. People will give you a load of other options and icon types and value per icon and what not. Ignore them. This set is the gold standard of 1p Battledome sets. Tried, tested, and absolutely the go to set for most battlers. Just buy it and use it.

Constant Attackers: Sword of Skardsen x2
    Approx 10m NP each
    16 guaranteed and up to 24 icons of damage, each. This is the gold standard of constant attackers in this class. Honestly, it could be any of the anagram swords (Reif, Thigl, Tawre, Thare, Ari). They all do the same number of icons, just different types. I would go with whichever two anagram swords you manage to get cheapest – but that’s usually Skardsen. You could get good deals on Thare and Ari sometimes. Don’t over think this, just go with the two cheapest anagram swords you can find.

No matter what anyone else tells you, you don’t require the more expensive Fan of Swords (16-18mil). The attacking output isn’t that much greater for 50% more cost, and the Kelpbeard’s Trident (9ish mil) even though cheaper, isn’t usually THAT much cheaper. Just stick to the anagram swords. Trust me.

Bomb: Ghostkerbomb
    Approx 6mil NP
    20 guaranteed and up to 30 possible icons of damage. One use per battle. This is the Rolls Royce of bombs. At this price point you simply MUST have it, no two ways about it. You can only attach one unfortunately, but you can use it along with Varia is the Bomb.

Bomb: Varia is the Bomb
    Approx 5mil NP
    Guaranteed 25 icons of damage, one use per battle. If you don’t have it from the Faeries Festival prize shop, I’d consider buying it. You don’t NEED it, but it’s pretty sweet to use it along with the G-Bomb above. If you had to pick just one, prioritize the Ghostkerbomb. That’s the posterchild of bombs. But if you can afford it, get both and blast your enemies into oblivion.

If you want.. And this is not required, and I don’t do it myself either, but some of us are fiends. So if you do want to, you can also add Jhudora’s Potion (see above) and use 3 bombs. If I had to pick two, I’d do G-Bomb & Varia, or G-Bomb and J-Pot, in that order. Varia & J-Pot is my third preference.

4-5k NP
    Yup we’re still using this bad boy. At 50% blocking of all icons there’s nothing that really competes with it even if you’re at this level. The only logical upgrade is Thyoras Tear at upwards of 200mil. So stick to Downsize! Don't fix what ain't broken.

Healer: Feel Better Soup
    Approx 500k NP
    Heals 50% of your total HP. As an added bonus, it also blocks 100% of air icons your opponent will do, but even without that this item is SOLID. Honestly this is the best healer in the game apart from the Leaded Elemental Vial which heals 100% of your HP, but sits at upwards of 250mil. If you don’t have this from the advent calendar, buy it. It’s worth its price. One of the most value for money BD items in the game in my eyes.

Freezer: Sleep Ray
    1mil NP (sometimes buyable so check the shop wiz first)
    100% guaranteed to freeze, plus 4 icons of damage. Not much else needs to be said here. If you have both Lens Flare and Warlock’s Rage you can avoid this if you don’t want to spend the 1mil. But if you have the NP sitting around, it’s worth having. If you only have Lens Flare, I’d definitely buy this. REMEMBER: Abilities freeze in the round you use them, freezers freeze for the next round.

Multi Duty: Illusens Staff
    10-15mil NP
    13 guaranteed and up to 19 icons of damage, PLUS blocks 100% of dark and reflects 75% back as damage to the opponent. The calculation is actually way more complicated than this, but this is as much as you need to know. Also heals 20% of your HP. If you have it from the Faerie Festival use it, if you don’t have it, avoid it. If you want to buy it, it’s your call but It’s not required.

The Billion NP Set

Honestly if you’re in this category, you don’t need me. And you probably have some or all of this stuff anyway. But for the sake of the guide and for my sadistic pleasure, let’s do this. An interesting note though, before the SAP’s were given out in the Advent Calendar, it’s place was held by the SuAP, and this set used to cost a lot more because of it. Now it can be gotten for around or even under (at times) 1 billion NP.

Attackers: Seasonal Attack Pea x2
    150mil NP each
    28 constant icons of attack each. I don’t need to say more. At this point you don’t even need bombs. Just spam your peas every round. This spot used to be held by the SuAP but after the Advent Calendar nuked the price of the Seasonal Attack Pea, the SuAP has become fairly obsolete. If you have it, you can use the SuAP, but at 1-2bil, don’t go out and buy it even if you can afford it, it only does 4 more icons of damage. Hard to believe, I know.

Healer: Leaded Elemental Vial
    250-300mil on a good day
    100% healing of your max HP. Nothing more to be said here really. The best healer in the game hands down.

Defence: Thyoras Tear
    200mil?
    100% blocking of every thing. This is like Lens Flare and Warlock’s rage, but at this level you probably have both of them, and you still want the T-Tear for 3 rounds of no damage taken. Hey, I’m not judging! You do you.

Freezer: Thunder Sticks
    300mil’ish NP
    100% freezer, plus does a guaranteed 16 icons of damage, AND blocks 100% of physical damage. Yeah, if you have the money, you definitely want this. This is the item that made the mighty Moehog Skull a relic of the past.

Multi-Dual Duty: Wand of the Dark Faerie
    450-500mil NP
    Kind of does the same thing as the I-Staff but harder. It does 20 guaranteed and up to 29 icons of damage, no additional blocking, and heals 25% HP. You don’t need it, but it’s fun to have. And if you have the money, you probably have this anyway. I-Staff is a cheaper alternative if you want a dual duty weapon. But you're a billionaire, you can do whatever you want really..

Pet Specific Items | One-Use Items | Honorable Mentions

Pet Species Specific Items
    Thanks to $(you need an account to see links) for this!

One-Use Items

Speedrunning Training Method
    Thanks to $(you need an account to see links) for this, and $(you need an account to see links) for helping test!

High HP 1p Battle Strategy

Conclusion

I hope this guide has given you a fair idea into what set you want to have, can have, or want to work towards having. The sweet spot is in the third set. It's the most value for money hard hitting option out there and can still be had for much under 100m. That set and the Lens Flare ability should help you take care of most plot and 1p opponents at your pet's stat level.

Like I said before, battledome weapons are highly subjective and always draw a LOT of opinions. There's no one correct way to do this. So, if you have better options, by all means use them. The sets in this guide are the most no non-sense, go to, standard options for your budget that you cannot go wrong with. And as far as I'm concerned, you want to buy the best weapon you can afford in that category to the most damage to your opponent.

If you have any questions about weapons or abilities or how to use any of it, feel free to ask in this thread!

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (3 Days Ago),Bowsette (2 Days Ago),Buizel (2 Days Ago),Bulbasaur (3 Days Ago),DarkSkies (3 Days Ago),Devouredsoul (3 Days Ago),Erik. (2 Days Ago),j03 (3 Days Ago),kittyray (3 Days Ago),KJiU (3 Days Ago),Lyrichord (2 Days Ago),Nyu (2 Days Ago),Shawn (2 Days Ago),Slowpoke (2 Days Ago),Swablu (3 Days Ago),Teakwood (2 Days Ago)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 17h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

@(you need an account to see links) , thats an awesome guide there with the details xD Just an add on here, as i notice that the species healer were left out As it was my first healer option to go, when i built my BD pet back then since it was cheaper before the freebies healers drop at 2023/24.

Below are the list of species healers in starting with the best one which belongs to the Kacheek family (just a note, price might varies as i just took the price from JN)

1st - MVP :

(you need an account to see links)
    Kacheek Life Potion
    JN Price : 98k np

❤️ 33% of Max HP when you have 33% or less of your Max HP
    ❤️ Full when you're over 33%

2nd :

Elephante Unguent
    JN Price : 75k np

❤️ 50% of Max HP

3rd :

Gelert Healing Remedy
    JN Price : 98k np

❤️ 50% of Max HP

4th :

Blumaroo Health Potion
    JN Price : 605k np

❤️ 50% of Max HP

5th :

Healing Ankh of the Nimmo
    JN Price : 650k np

❤️ 50% of Max HP

6th (tied between 3 species ) :

Bag of Lenny Healing Seeds
    JN Price : 2m np

❤️ 50% of Max HP

Lucky Uni Charm

❤️ 50% of Max HP

Squishy Shoyru Healing Stone

❤️ 50% of Max HP

-Added in the part i left out earlier-

Although i mention Kacheek is the MVP as i am still true to this ( Kacheek bias ), just that the draw back on this is that kacheek mps are expensive for the labray. enthusiastic.

Hence i find the package below an all rounder option with better value i guess.

I introduce you to the Elephante Package :

Pros :
    #1) User friendly ( may you be new or old players )
    #2) Labray enthusiastic friendly ( because of #3)
    #3) Budget friendly
    - Healer is cheap
    - Morphing potion is even cheaper ( Golden Elephante Morphing Potion is at 20k )

Cons
    Elephante doesn't have good visual LOL

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (3 Days Ago),Buizel (2 Days Ago),DarkSkies (2 Days Ago),Devouredsoul (2 Days Ago),Infected (2 Days Ago),j03 (3 Days Ago),Lyrichord (2 Days Ago),Nyu (2 Days Ago),Swablu (3 Days Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    685 times
    Time Online
    215d 12h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Thanks for the guide, @(you need an account to see links)!

While they're not great investments for long-term battling, there are a couple single use items I'd like to highlight as well! They're equivalents to some of the highest stat items in your list, and the majority are available at the (you need an account to see links) (or Shop Wiz if your pet isn't level 250). Purchases from the school can be made every 30 minutes. Because they're readily accessible, it helps keep the price down, too - these BD items are all sitting around 10k/ea at the moment.

First up are the Jade Elixir, Lucky Robots Foot, and Amulet of Life, which heal 100% of your pet's hitpoints - parallels of the Leaded Elemental Vial. (A reminder not to "use" the LEV, only equip it, otherwise it will disappear!)

Second, the Thick Smoke Bomb, which blocks 100% of all attack elements - the parallel of Thyoras Tear.

Third, the Thrown Slushie Cup, which is a 100% freezer - a parallel of the Sleep Ray.

For those with elite level stats, the Ninja School also has two massive healers for outside of the Battledome (Orange Flavored Tea at +1000 hp and Mystical Tea Caddy at +2000 hp). However, it's more economical to use a Jade Elixir in battle against one of the 10 hp opponents, or even better, multiple rounds of Feel Better Soup (or something similar) + a weapon + the Lens Flare faerie ability, so you're not paying extra! This is handy for when you're between Healing Springs visits, and not sure if you can survive another round. (Most relevant during a plot type war, when you're going for a Battledome related avatar, and/or you've got some other time crunch scenario.) If your pet is flat out of hp, one of the named revivers/essences at the Healing Springs should do the trick to get your pet healthy enough to proceed with the easy bd opponent + healer trick.

Happy battle prepping, everyone!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (2 Days Ago),Buizel (2 Days Ago),DarkSkies (2 Days Ago),Infected (2 Days Ago),KJiU (2 Days Ago)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 19h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) , thats an awesome guide there with the details xD Just an add on here, as i notice that the species healer were left out As it was my first healer option to go, when i built my BD pet back then since it was cheaper before the freebies healers drop at 2023/24.

Below are the list of species healers in starting with the best one which belongs to the Kacheek family (just a note, price might varies as i just took the price from JN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    Thanks for the guide, @(you need an account to see links)!

While they're not great investments for long-term battling, there are a couple single use items I'd like to highlight as well!

Happy battle prepping, everyone!
    Thanks for these guys, I'm going to add them to the main post with credits to you both!

EDIT: Both sections have now been added to the main guide!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Buizel (2 Days Ago),KJiU (2 Days Ago),Lyrichord (2 Days Ago)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 17h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    @(you need an account to see links) , I might as well drop a quick guide on training. ( i guess this is for those with decent budget ) and it may varies base on people.

The goal is simple :
    Speedrun str to 750 and your done. As you only need 750 str to 1 shot in 1Player BD , freezes skill will eventually be unlocked.

What you need :
    - Time for levels
    - Money 💸 (codestones , bubbling fungus , dailies )
    - Double Bubble Boon (Battleground Of The Obelisk)

1 : Level
    ❌ Mistake that people tend to do : Heading to Swashbuckling Academy
    - Yes its cheap , but its not worth the time.

Mystery Island Training School (you need an account to see links)

- You (you need an account to see links) your way to Level 250

- Only do the levels ( yes forget everything just level )

Once 250 : Secret Ninja Training School
    You can then train your hp , def or whatever.

x1 (you need an account to see links) 4 hours within (Level : 250-299)
    You save 💸 and time.

2 : Str

So here is where str is obtain via 2 parts :

Part 1 : Your Dailies aka (Side quests & Boosters)

- Kitchen quest daily (for faster progress)
    - Deadly Dice (for level boost)
    - Scratch card (for level boost)
    - FQ ( for faster progess - if you spent 💸💸💸)
    - Lab ray ( lv 50 or 100 to prevent back to level 1 ? as i am not sure on the level cap )

Part 2 : Battleground Of The Obelisk ( This is where your Power leveling comes to play )

Requirements :

1) Stocking up on Bubbling Fungus (its cheaper on your regular days)

2) Double Bubble Boon ( Factions : Awakened & Order)

How it works :

1) Once you got ya Double Bubble , just spam your pet with Bubbling Fungus like no tomorrow and see the Str Soare high 🪽🪽🪽
    2) Rinse and repeat till you hit 750

I tested with $(you need an account to see links) back then on this and the simple maths formula below :
    Shawn's statics :
    1) Double Bubble active
    (you need an account to see links) x40
    STR Gained : + STR : 72
    (Start STR: 618 , End STR: 690)

My's statics :
    2) Double Bubble active
    (you need an account to see links) x101
    STR Gained : + STR : 181
    (Start STR: 245 , End STR: 426)

In Conclusion :
    (you need an account to see links) x1 = 1.8 Str

We get 1.8 STR per fungus this way with the boon active

On a side note , Def works the same way as str maybe more costly.

Cooling Balm of the Warrior

Basically def has no purpose for 1Player so the def you get from your quests will suffice

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (2 Days Ago),Buizel (2 Days Ago),Infected (2 Days Ago),Shawn (2 Days Ago)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Thank you $(you need an account to see links), $(you need an account to see links), and $(you need an account to see links) for such detailed BD guides! I like to train some of my other pets on the side for fun, and these tips will help me get to the goals I want for them.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (2 Days Ago),Infected (2 Days Ago),KJiU (2 Days Ago)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 19h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) , I might as well drop a quick guide on training. ( i guess this is for those with decent budget ) and it may varies base on people.
    Thanks for this, I'll add this in too later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    Thank you $(you need an account to see links), $(you need an account to see links), and $(you need an account to see links) for such detailed BD guides! I like to train some of my other pets on the side for fun, and these tips will help me get to the goals I want for them.
    Thank you! Hope you find it useful when you train!

--

If anyone wants to add recommendations or strategies, I'd be happy to add that in with credit.

We could make this a one stop BD guide for cK!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (2 Days Ago),Buizel (2 Days Ago),KJiU (2 Days Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Hello there! I really appreciate all of the effort that have gone into the guide and the following additions by the community! It's really great that we can all come together and share the knowledge that we've all accumulated.

To add some notes to the above since the intent of this guide is 1p battling:

@(you need an account to see links)'s comments are generally correct for most 1p battling, however you're limited to the max damage you can put out in ~3 turns. This would be with the turn order:
    1. Damage item + 100% freezer + lens flare
    2. Damage item x 2 + damage ability (an icicle)
    3. Damage item x 2 + warlock's rage

After that you're at the mercy of the 1p opponent. This includes their freezer/healer and abilities. The issue is that some bd opponents have more HP than what the above set can output, and it's heavily dependent on the item set you have - for example dual SuAPs will output more than dual SoSs or more budget friendly sets.

A general note about 1p opponents is that they cheat as well - they can use single use abilities multiple times and indefinitely. So you could be lens flare"d to death multiple rounds in a row, hence the three turn strategy above. Also note that while items like Thyora's tear, TSB and others block all icons coming in, they don't stop your opponent from using abilities, which means you can be damaged if your opponent uses lens flare on the same turn!!

So with all that, while being able to output maximum damage is good for lower HP opponents, it runs into a ceiling. Overall for 1p battling, HP is king. We're talking thousands of HP. There's no maximum number to health like there is to the other stats - so you can keep raising it infinitely. What does this do? It lets you survive longer in order to dish out damage in more ways than just directly. Here are some suggestions for super high HP battling and ultra rich/niche sets:

Hybrids Puzzle Box
    *After 3 uses this drains your opponent's HP by 1/3. This might not sound like a lot but for opponents with 10,000+ HP this certainly speeds things up.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    Multi-Freezers (SoL, Slumberberry potion, etc)
    *Gives you a chance of freezing an opponent more than once at the risk of not being 100%. This will give you a free turn to output damage or heal.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    Multi-Healers (SoL, RoDN, WoDF, Istaff, etc)
    *Let's you heal multiple times or small amounts consistently throughout a long battle and better utilize the HP pool you've built

Bent Fork
    *Breaks any weapon your opponent has with the name "fork" or "trident". There are some 1p opponents that only have 1 or 2 damage items and this can remove one of them for the duration of the battle. Chiazilla comes to mind when I think of this item.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    Icon Reflectors (UBoGJ, UDR, Reflectozaps, etc)
    *As mentioned in the original post, reflectors use your opponent's attack boost to calculate damage, what isn't well known is that 1p opponents have varying boosts and some are far bigger than the 750 max boost. So reflecting Snowager's water attack on hard will do more damage than expected and is one of the only ways of beating these challengers (I'll try and find the list of boosts and add it here).

Faerie Slingshot
    *The ultimate RNG on damage - 2/3 of the time you'll get a weak hit with small damage output. However the other 1/3 will be a strong hit with the highest damage output in the game, up to a maximum of 62 icons. More fun than anything else in most cases though .

The strategy is different for high HP battling as well. The work comes beforehand in set prep, making sure you have the right reflectors or shields for a given opponent. First you'd use any breaking or stealing items (whenever they're fixed lol). After that it is a waiting game - most challengers have a full healer. This means that you have to wait until they use it before activating your HPB or putting yourself at risk of getting damaged significantly. Once used you can output damage, sometimes only possible sustainably while reflecting and gambling on Multi-Freezers or healers. Once you get them low enough you can finish them off with the 3 a turn combo above.

One final comment, for the most BD points, you have to beat the challenger with 100% HP... This means saving your healing for the end combo and using one less damage item. This is mostly for style and doesn't normally impact anything else (unless you participated in the recent JN events).

Phew that was way more than I expected to write on my phone... Hopefully it is helpful! Feel free to ask any questions or for clarification!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billytiddles For This Useful Post:

Buizel (1 Day Ago),Infected (2 Days Ago),KJiU (2 Days Ago)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (2 Days Ago),Buizel (1 Day Ago),Lyrichord (2 Days Ago)