Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Neggsweeper Basic Trophy Guide

Welcome to my brief guide to the Neggsweeper game

Neggsweeper is one of the few oldschool games without any flash or exciting graphics... But it is also pretty simple. At the start of the month, the trophy for Neggsweeper is pretty easy to obtain with enough perseverence and luck.

In order to have the best shot at a trophy, you'll need to play in hard mode. This guide is certainly not complex in any way, shape or form, but simply offers advice on how you can consistently win the rounds and therefore have a better chance of scoring some bonus neggs (which are necessary to get the trophy score). Bonus neggs are awarded to you randomly when you click a square on the board. Typically a score above 900 should get you at least a bronze trophy during reset.

(you need an account to see links)

So here is my basic guide to Neggsweeper, it is definitely an underplayed game, which helps lower the trophy scores needed during reset!

1. Open up the game and select the hard game level. If you already have a game in progress, make sure it is a 14 x 14 game board, otherwise abandon that game and start a new hard one.

2. After the blank game board opens up, select multiple single grey neggs sporadically across the board. You want to try to get at least 5 revealed numbers on the board. If you have them all clustered in one corner, the solution predictor will not be able to determine where the mines are for the rest of the board.

3. Once you have your 5 neggs revealed (hopefully you get a cluster like I did in the lower left corner), you need to imput them in the minesweeper solver. Go to the page: (you need an account to see links).

4. Ensure that you leave the board set at 40 mines, but reset the grid size to 14 by 14.

5. Enter your numbers from the game, I suggest having the solver in one web window and the game in the other, so you can easily switch back and forth. Then select find all moves.

6. Once the solver reveals the green or red flags, update your game accordingly. I recommend selecting the red flags (mines) first, holding down the CTRL button while clicking to hopefully avoid clicking them by accident.

7. Once you have clicked the new squares, update your solver and have it find all moves again. Continue doing this until you finish the board.

8. There may be times when the solver cannot 100% solve the board for you, this is an occasional annoyance. Ensure you are starting your board with squares clicked in all four corners and a couple in the middle, so you have numbers throughout the board. This will reduce the likelihood of the lack of a solution.

9. In order to get a trophy, you are going to need at least 1 bonus negg, most likely more. Do not be disheartened if you have to play multiple times before you get a trophy score. The closer to reset you play, the easier it is to get the score you need.

10. Good Luck! I hope this guide was helpful, despite how simple it was.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jojobloggs For This Useful Post:

Bat (09-22-2020),genesis (05-10-2021),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (10-02-2020),Mama Bear (09-22-2020),Mario2302 (09-23-2020),motherfucker (10-06-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (10-03-2020),Nimoligist (10-02-2020),Painwheel (09-22-2020),paris hilton (09-22-2020),Pond (10-10-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-22-2020),Sam. (10-06-2020),Tyranitar (09-22-2020),Unown (09-22-2020)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Solid use of a solver, @(you need an account to see links)! Thanks for sharing!

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Woah! I didn't know there where Minesweeper's solvers.
    Anyway, I really suggest to learn to play Minesweeper! It's very easy and fun!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    thank you for this! neggsweeper kills me. i feel like im good at minesweeper, but the neo version never gives me the bonuses when i need them. so tedious.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thank you for this, I was very bad at this game for awhile and neopets version was not the one I was very much into until as of lately.