Thread: Anyone been back to the gym since the pandemic started?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Anyone been back to the gym since the pandemic started?

I just went today, and I honestly thought my anxiety was going to keep me home. I felt victorious because it didn't and everything was normal, it was just a little quieter than usual.

My mom said it was because it was early afternoon on a weekday, but that's my usual time and I've seen more people there then.

It's been a few years, though (I signed up and then lockdown started when I intended to go back), so maybe it's gotten quieter? Plus senior citizens were probably the ones that were usually there, and now it's not as safe for them to go out.

Anyone else been back to the gym since their state permitted reopening? How did you feel about going?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Instead of going back to the gym - I surprised my fianc� by turning a room in our basement into a home gym. It’s still very much a work in progress, but it’s a start. Need to get some bigger weights and bring the adjustable dumbbells home. Maybe toss up a few mirrors on the wall and demo a few walls to open it up a bit. I’ve got a lovely park by the water 5mins up the road that I run at after work - but it’s nice to get a little strength training in after that.

Trying the decide what kind of stuff to add onto what I’ve got now to maximize the amount of exercises though. The stuff I put in really made the room feel small lol. Tossing out plans to make an outdoor gym sometime in the future. Gyms around here won’t be open for awhile I feel, so this is the next best thing!

What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Alister (09-23-2020),Blue-tooth (10-13-2020),Da Plushee Boree (09-22-2020),SpaceyGirl (10-06-2020)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    200d 4h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 22m
    Nope I’ve not been back but I suppose it’s easier for me since I didn’t ever go to begin with. lol *laughs at own jokes*

All jokes aside, I have slowly resumed some of my usual routine places. I’m a big time introvert and my anxiety and overall love for being home has stopped me from ever going out again. It’s like COVID was a big stay at home pass I received and I’ve taken full advantage of. But I’ve noticed it has just made my anxiety worst whenever I do feel the absolute need to go out. I’ve just told myself, to take all the precautions I can personally and not depend on others to do the same. This way, I’ve felt safer when going out. But like you, I also try my best to visit during weekdays and midday.

I might have gotten completely off topic here but anyhoo, my point is... don’t let your anxiety or fear keep you from doing what makes you happy. Get your gym on!

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

This looks great!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) You need a fridge for your water or sports drinks.

Or maybe a convenient bottle shelf?

Somewhere where it's not in the way, but it's easy to get to, I should say.

That's one thing about my favorite exercise...er...I think it's classified as a "recumbent crosstrainer"?...at my gym: bottleholder!

I can't have it in front of me if I'm not sufficiently distracted, though (like during therapy) or I will drink out of boredom.

(P.S.: Thanks for the pix!)

=====
    @(you need an account to see links) Anxiety feeds laziness and vice versa. Poor us. LOL

=====

One thing interesting I noticed was that where the machines used to face the plants, they turned them around so they faced each other?

Like if these were the machines before: || || ||

They're like this now: = = =

Maybe so the airflow from people walking by on the other side of the plants doesn't mix with the people on the machines, despite everyone being covered up?

No idea...I didn't ask.