DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I don�t see it as a bad thing. It can be motivation for some people to engage in the forums more. It takes a lot of effort for people to provide the resources available to the community. 15 rep isn�t really that bad at all. There�s always the option to buy VIP if you feel like you can�t contribute in other ways. There are other advantages to being even higher than clraik rank - but you�ve got to jump up in rank to see those

Most people here aren�t going to chastise you or be rude if you try to get active and get to know the community. The more the merrier. I know we have always tried to foster a community vibe so don�t be afraid to join conversations and get involved.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mookseandgripes View Post
    I was so excited that I finally reached the green bar!

Totally understand though... I�m just sad I can�t see the reasons people have been banned now.
    Could you see them before? I thought the banlist got removed haha
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Bat (09-23-2020),motherfucker (09-23-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    67d 17h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I guess this has been a long time coming. It was rather simple to get clraik rank for all the good benefits we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    With this reset - let me pose this idea.

Everyone is saying how difficult it is to get rep - but when is the last time you gave somebody else rep? Spread the wealth. If you see somebody making good, thoughtful posts, give them some +rep. It doesn�t have to be a lot. But you can change the game by spreading rep where you see nice effort
    I fully agree with this point. I feel that rep should not be regarded as a precious commodity in our community. It is a means of thanking someone for something that they have done/act/posted and it does not cost you to give out reps.

Perhaps one should start by spreading reps to others that they feel deserve it in one way or another. Then in doing so, one could better understand how to obtain reps in our community. And lastly understand that it really is not difficult. You do not need guides or scripts to get there.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kopiko For This Useful Post:

motherfucker (09-23-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (09-23-2020),omg.UFOs (09-23-2020),xmilo (09-24-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    When will these changes be live? Or are they live already? The reason why I am asking is that the post mentions that everyone starts at 10 reputation. I already had 7 reputation prior to this. So shouldn't I be at 17?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
    When will these changes be live? Or are they live already? The reason why I am asking is that the post mentions that everyone starts at 10 reputation. I already had 7 reputation prior to this. So shouldn't I be at 17?
    they are live now. You have 7 rep power but probably a different amount of rep

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

(you need an account to see links)

^ go there and you will see the amount of rep that you have. Rep power is kind of arbitrary now anyway since you can’t actually give the full rep that you have listed.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Erik. (09-23-2020),j03 (09-23-2020),Zer0 (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    This is understandable, getting the ck rank was pretty easy for all it could get you (the scripts section is the literal reason I still play this game). It's the best road to keep the community safe as well

I'd like to add that I get the initial frustation for newbie users, however. Getting involved with a brand new community can be very tough when you are new and don't really know how things work exactly and I also had this feeling of it being unachivable - kinda the reason why I am a "slow poster" and pretty much a big lurker still. I only really post if I think my opinion can be at least a little bit meaningful in any way (god knows how many threads I didn't bother replying to thinking it would be just ignored or not add anything). Also it's a nice surprise when that notification pops up even if they're far and few between and you aren't really expecting it.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, yes, the begining is kinda hard, but if you engage with the community it comes to you naturally. I don't even have many posts after 2 years (granted half this time I was away from here and neo) but managed to amass a pretty decent amount of +rep by just trying to be helpful to some ppl whenever I could.

Engage with the community and your ck+ rank you come to you, posters above me gave even better examples
    Last edited by Saturnine; 09-23-2020 at 11:14 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturnine For This Useful Post:

motherfucker (09-23-2020),Stardust (09-23-2020),vulkren (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I personally think it's fair and the reasons for the change are absolutely valid. However, I've had only bad luck with rep I've helped a user, lending a pet for avatar, and although I'm always happy to help just for the sake of it, I was secretly hoping for a rep point, as the pet is quite rare and on top of that, very high level so there were costs for me to take it back, that I didn't mind but still if I were the borrower, I'd at least offer to cover them out of politeness (as the lender I would have refused anyway but maybe it's my culture that makes people play this funny dance of offering and refusing in order to be polite So I didn't even get rep but I assumed the user was quite new and didn't know about it. Then for quite a long time I've been persuaded, after reading the rules, that rep is something very valuable and not to be taken lightly so it shouldn't be used as a "thank you" for an useful post or witty remark or whatsoever, so I'm giving thanks instead. I'm still not sure I know exactly when it's bon ton to give rep instead of "thanks".
    Also, I'm pretty sure I have received one or two rep points so far and I just don't see anything in the Settings page. I'm totally useless when it comes to finding info, it seems

On a side note, I don't think the sole fact that someone isn't happy with a decision that is welcomed by the majority is a reason to make them feel they are in the wrongs. We can still act friendly towards someone who is frustrated and take time and effort to make them feel included. "It's our way or the highway" may be correct but I believe everybody could be valuable member of the community so it's worth trying to make them feel a bit more comfortable here with our posts.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nousha For This Useful Post:

Crow (09-23-2020),vulkren (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    totally understand this change.

I'm not the best at earning rep-points myself but regardless of that i've been able to gather enough rep points to not revert back to newbie so I would say it's certainly possible for anyone to get there.
    I don't have any skills that would warrant rep points so mostly they've come from just trying to help out where i can and that's me, a shy person that's not good at engaging with communities/people on or offline talking.

These days most of my rep points come from the mystery pic thread but before that i've gotten rep from other places as well (e.g. helping people with a calculus task, trying to solve whatever problem for which there's no bot/script just yet or finding a way to help those that do not have access to them).

I too might hit the thanks button a bit too often while forgetting to rep people though i try to actively think about if, i think, a contribution earns rep points.
    (all easy enough when i have time but when i'm quickly going through new posts to catch up when i'm at work i tend to forget)

in each case, good luck to all on helping out the community and earning some much earned rep while doing so and let's keep this community strong!

Pronouns
    ur mama
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 2h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Man I kinda feel insulted being called a newbie when i been on this site for so long, but it is understandable i guess. Now i have to see what i can do to help, unfortunately my mental health hasn't been good so it is going to be hard for me to engage actively to get my rank back

There's one more thing that you need to know
    before you let your creativety flow
    Listen to your heart, listen to the rain,
    listen to the voices in your brain

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichi123 For This Useful Post:

Baelia (09-29-2020),crimsoneyes (12-04-2020),LexieSkye (09-27-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her, Goddess
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    139/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 8h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    thanks for the updates

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Any chance we will be upgraded back up? Or is this a new installment of achievement?
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!