DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    That was the push I needed to be more active on the forum hehe. Thank you for clarifying everything.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 8h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
    Also want to reiterate about giving rep more often when you see fit. I know I've given rep out on the what gets under your skin board because certain users make me literally LOL - that's a positive impact on my day and deserves recognition (more than a thanks imo)
    That�s where I do the most chatting & where I�ve gotten some of my rep, but as of this month it looks like rep given and received in that thread is greyed out and doesn�t count? I tried to rep the person who brought up the sparkledog thread, as it really brightened my evening and I wouldn�t have seen it otherwise, but alas. It�s the same with the last few I�ve received in there as well. I can�t find that change addressed anywhere so I don�t know whether it�s meant to be a permanent thing, or maybe whether posts on that thread are subject to review before they�re eligible for rep or something?

..actually now that I think of it, I also submitted a post there the other day and instead of it going through I got a message like �thank you for your post, it will appear once it�s been approved by mods� which I�ve never seen before or since. The post (pretty innocuous - it was bitching about neo filters) still isn�t up, and I�ve successfully posted there and elsewhere since. That�s a bit of a tangent but anyway something is going on in there, which is a shame because I agree with you - one of my favourite parts of engaging with this community is the humour.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Abyss (09-26-2020),Extraterrestrial (09-25-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 10h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Okay I thought I was losing my mind when I was looking at the rank guide recently and saw the change, because I could have sworn it was "either/or", not "and". Even as an actual newbie who is looking forward to being at the cK rank, I think it's a good update. When I first joined and reviewed the ranking rules, it did not escape my notice that I could in theory just go spam a bunch of topics and knock out the achievement, which felt kind of cheap.

I like the rep system a lot. I've never been on a forum that had a system like this before and am finding it to be pretty great for driving engagement. It's a pleasant surprise to be hanging out chatting and see that someone appreciated a post enough to give out some rep. I don't know how to code, am not a great artist, and haven't spotted a need for a guide that someone else hasn't already done a great job of executing but ranking up still feels totally achievable over time.

Really the whole concept of ranks and userbars in general is fun, and one of the reasons I ended up deciding to stick around as an actual member instead of just sticking around long enough to buy help with pet securement. It's also been a nice bonus that I don't feel anyone has treated me differently or with less respect than other more tenured members with loads of cool sidebars just because I'm part of the solo blue bar brigade.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

♥ AmandaBynes ♥ (09-26-2020),Blue-tooth (09-26-2020),Fabulous (09-25-2020),motherfucker (09-26-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (09-25-2020),Stardust (09-26-2020),TsUNaMy WaVe (09-26-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    That’s where I do the most chatting & where I’ve gotten some of my rep, but as of this month it looks like rep given and received in that thread is greyed out and doesn’t count?
    I'm actually interested in finding out about this too? I'm guessing that thread will no longer count since it's off-topic. I'm a little sad if that's the case, but I also understand.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

Extraterrestrial (09-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    23d 8h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Well that explains things heh. I'm too antisocial to actually get any rep though

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Botan For This Useful Post:

LexieSkye (09-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Botan View Post
    Well that explains things heh. I'm too antisocial to actually get any rep though
    You have 388 posts, and 1,203 thanks.... I don't think you're antisocial and I'm sure with some effort, you could earn some rep. Feel free to chat with me anytime... I'm not the most exciting of people, but happy to socialize whenever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jojobloggs For This Useful Post:

Botan (09-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraterrestrial View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I totally understand your frustration as someone who also has zero skill in programming, coding, drawing, etc. I've also never written a guide or a program, and I've picked up most of my rep points by screencapping threads.
    I also got quite a bit by participating in the last ck event- Defenders of Clraik- and helping out my team. Of course, this requires an event to be going on, but the last one was so well loved and having so many participants led to everyone +repping each other a good amount on the various rounds as we helped each other out!

You mentioned that you couldn't contribute towards the guides as there are, of course, a good amount of them. But perhaps you could make a guide on the same topic with a different tactic than the other user's guide, for example?
    With staff now posting updates offsite on places such as the neopets Discord, that also leaves a pretty good space for news updates to share. I notice I rarely see screencaps from the neopets Discord, so there is definitely a hole there in terms of getting info to this community.
    Taking a quick look at the Neopets Services subforum, I don't see any pet/item avatar lending service thread; if you have the NP for something like FQD, Meowclops, or shells to lend avatar pets/petpets for free to trusted members, I am sure that would be a handy way to pick up +rep, too!

I hope this helps so you don't feel discouraged- this community is genuinely a great place in my (very subjective ofc!) experience.
    I want to echo this. When I first joined the community I had absolutely no intention of contributing. I wanted what I wanted and I was willing to pay for VIP for it and not have to talk to anyone (I was terrified of not being liked and I was lazy.. now I'm just lazy and only *slightly* terrified of people hating me). I'm not good at pretty much anything that most people are fantastic with on this sight. I cant contribute to programs, scripts, and I'm terrible at anything artistic.. I thought I was relatively funny/witty and then I got to know @(you need an account to see links) in her glory and it confirmed NOPE I'm not.

That being said, rep isn't as difficult to accumulate as I anticipated. It just takes trying to be involved when/if you can and honestly just don't be a dick. Defenders of CK got me most of my rep (if not all of it) and like I said - I was able to get it without having the talent. I just tried my hardest to be involved and contribute where I could.

I'm not sure what exactly triggered the change, but I'm here for it. At the end of the day, the whole point of CK is that it's a community. We're trying to protect our own, and respect our own.

A great way to earn rep without coding anything is to help others with what's available! Some are more familiar than others with specific scripts and programs. If you're comfortable with how some of the programs work, try helping your peers out who have questions. Do you know why someone is encountering a problem with the way they're running a program? Do you know some of the more safer AB times?

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (09-29-2020),Attack (09-27-2020),Beth77 (09-28-2020),Fabulous (09-27-2020),Furina (09-29-2020),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (09-27-2020),kittyray (09-27-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (09-27-2020),Stardust (09-27-2020),TsUNaMy WaVe (09-28-2020),Unown (09-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    146 times
    Time Online
    49d 10h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    @(you need an account to see links) I disagree, I think you are pretty funny
    I always imagine a little Baby Yoda talking when you post

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Attack For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (09-29-2020),Beth77 (09-28-2020),Fabulous (09-27-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (09-27-2020),Stardust (09-27-2020)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    426 times
    Time Online
    122d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 1m
    Well I disappeared for a couple of days and I come across this thread.

I very much agree with the decision they have made and, although it's true that I didn't lose my rank, I also understand those who were disappointed in losing the Clraik rank or by those who have just arrived. When I found this forum, I just wanted the userbar for a couple of scripts/programs and then leave. I didn't have any special skills and I consider the language to be a barrier for me so socializing and earning rep was not in my plans. I didn't even think I would get any thanks.

It takes a little time to become fond of a place and it may be intimidating, but with a little care it's achieved. I have given rep for a joke and I have received it for making memes (making people laugh when we don't share their mother tongue is incredible to me). And if someone doesn't know how to make memes... Well, maybe I'll make a guide to that soon. LOL

Pixie♥ ~
    Hatched 11/13/2020
    Chibi Grey Faerie by ♥ Wooloo ♥

(you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)
    Both Grey Pixel Pixie by the Honeycomb

my ubs by Lyrichord

Ryupocalypse 07-15-2021
    Grey love faerie by Houndoom

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GreyFaerie For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (09-27-2020),Fabulous (09-27-2020),Furina (09-29-2020),kittyray (09-27-2020),Nattiee (09-27-2020),Painwheel (09-27-2020),Stardust (09-27-2020),TsUNaMy WaVe (09-28-2020),Unown (09-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Great change, it rewards people who want to participate and helps keep the community tight-knit