Thread: Is it easy to get out of poverty?

Threaded View

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    14h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't think it is easy.
    My mom married "up". She never finished middle school, nor did her siblings. She worked low paying jobs (such as in shoe shops, clothing shops, etc.) until she met my dad.

My mom's two brothers immigrated abroad illegally in their late teens; that was in the 1990s. One of them unfortunately became addicted to drugs and has since returned to our country and has done a lot of wrong things over the years...
    The other one managed to save up some money over the years, even though he's always had low paying jobs too (truck driver, carpenter, uber driver, etc.) and eventually managed to get dual citizenship; he now goes back and forth between the two countries, and he's currently investing in our native country so that he's able to come back and live here permanently with a stable income; it took him 20+ years to be able to do that, he's definitely still not rich but doing better.

There has been so much all of them have gone through. I remember my mom telling me she once had to give away her dog when she was a child because they couldn't even eat themselves, so how would they feed the dog?

Generational poverty is complicated. Most of my mom's side of the family is still more on the poor side, but nowadays everyone has enough to have comfortable lives I'd say.
    Last edited by Unlucky; 05-31-2021 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Spelling/grammar
    so you were curious huh?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unlucky For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (06-01-2021),Freeloaders_Soceity (10-11-2021),NeopetLandy (07-12-2021)