Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is it easy to get out of poverty?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    12 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    23 m
    getting out of poverty definitely is not easy, but it's not impossible as well. if you're stuck in a situation with dependents I think it's definitely a rough climb, I think most people fall under this category and they aren't able to climb out of it because even if they save, life is unexpected especially when you have to worry about others. it's probably not possible if you're in this category as you would have to be extremely lucky or stall until your dependents hit lategame and are able to contribute themselves.

however if you're single or partnered with someone that shares the level same financial responsibility as you do, then you definitely can work your way out and find a comfortable spot for yourself. being rich however is a matter of luck. most people, myself included, wont ever be rich and just dream about it. your lifespan is finite and there's only so much side hustling/overtime/etc that you can do. but comfortable? anyone can be comfortable if you put in the work. I've done 60 hour work weeks for years in order to scrounge by and save what I could. i felt like my body was breaking down but I pushed through. put in the work, watched videos, became financially literate, got educated, got a promotion bc of my hard work and dedication, now I'm comfortably supervising doing significantly less work than I used to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to omegalul For This Useful Post:

Zapdos (4 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    22 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Things are very different now, than it is 5 years ago, 10 years ago... I remember a totally different world 20 years ago.
    Those were the days where if you own a phone, you're the coolest richest kid. If you owned a computer, you would pretty much be the only one who does so in the entire school... etc.
    For someone who never been in poverty, they would never understand the situation of actually being poor.
    Now, the richer has become even richer, and the poorer, just stayed poor. The cost of living has gone up infinitely.
    Life used to be one breadwinner, a housewife/househusband, and kids, pets, buying homes etc.
    Now life is difficult with both spouses needing to be working hard, education costs hundreds of thousands, and houses be paid in installments.

So no, it is not easy to escape poverty. There are people who are constantly trying to make ends meet, but their income is constantly dwarfed by the expenses.
    It is crazy whenever I hear people calculate their accounts, and they seem to always owe more money than they make. Is it truly worth it? Borrowing money to study, and work the rest of your life to pay back those loans? And once that is paid off, continue working to pay off debts like mortgage and credit card bills...
    Its no wonder some people get tired of it all and give up...