14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 17h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbidae View Post
    Perhaps I miss read the question asked about having concerns of a conservative replacement, if i shared the opinion and why part. With conservatives being primarily republican I shared my opinion.

My apologies if my opinion upset you.

My opinion on if they should proceed or not, I'm sure we can all agree on is that they should wait until after the election.
    I also have some questions - regardless on what your opinion is on this matter, but why did you post that vid on Biden here? What does it proof and what does it matter in this RBG succession debate?

-And, like PrettySarcastic pointed out, why do you say LGB instead of LGBT or LGBT+/QIA. While Trans isn't a sexual preference like LGB, it has been included for a long time (30 years) because trans people suffer just as much from discrimination and exclusion als LGBs and defy the same strict gender roles society has always forced upon its individuals. I don't know why a queer person would care so much for distinct and radical separation when LGBT people have always fought that exact separation. If you want to be included, be inclusive.

-How is the LGBT community hurting itself? And why are you denying "millennials" their experiences and struggles? How can you say you are a member of the LGBT community if you distance yourself from a huge part of the community?

-" So few countries where its greater to be an LGB than America." - What do you mean? I can name plenty of countries where it's much safer to be LGBT than the US, from personal experience. Where it does not depend on which state you are in whether you're accepted as who you are and whether you have access to facilities and medical help, and whether you can express being LGBT and for example go to LGBT clubs freely and be out & proud in the open.

Also IIRC, institutional racism and police violence are responsible for BLM, who protest for the BASIC human right to be treated the same as everyone else. Which is totally unlike KKK, who promote violence, racism and exclusion solely based on the presumption that the colour of your skin matters.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Double.Trouble (09-21-2020),dustyc (09-21-2020),Extraterrestrial (09-22-2020),Fabulous (09-21-2020),Flordibel (09-21-2020),Goddammit (09-21-2020),hissi (09-21-2020),kittyray (09-21-2020),LibraryFaerie (09-22-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-21-2020),sourmilk (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Everyone always screams that the sky is falling and that america is "oMg litTERALLY wOrse thAN a 3rd WorLD couNTry!?!@!@?"

Stop. Everyone stop. No one is taking away anyone's rights. No one in government has the authority without checks and balances. Changes may be made, but blatant rights must be voted on and all of that takes time. If you feel your rights are being diminished, then take a look at your state-level voter base. Because I promise, politicians are being voted in based on what the people want. Everyone has less freedom now because most of you are demanding we all stay inside living like hermits. I had covid while pregnant, and I can 100% confirm swine flu was way worse.

When everyone else gives me back my capitalist right to shop at target without covering my mouth, I'll pretend to listen to your "rights are being taken away" arguments. (hint: they aren't. you have all your rights, calm down)

Edit:

A bunch of us in the LGB have decided T doesn't belong in the acronym. Gender preference shouldn't be lumped in with the rest because it's not a sexual preference. Just like race shouldn't listed in the alphabet soup. And trust me, we know discrimination. Try being gay/bisexual and telling your "friends" you're a political conservative. The amount of vitriol and hate i've received from people claiming to be "tolerant" is actually disturbing. I keep our (husband and mine's) girlfriend a secret from the rest of our family and I keep our political opinions hidden because of our extremely leftist friends who love screaming at us how oppressed we are and "how could you vote for a literal tyrant?!?"
    Trump has stated he's planning a female replacement ((you need an account to see links)) and I don't agree with it. If your choice for one of the most important seats in government is based on whether you have a vagina or penis, I don't think you're capable of making those decisions. It's a travesty that this is what it's come to. Congrats, we're sexist and racist now.

I'm literally so sick of over-reacting to what the media tells you to fear. You're not being murdered in the streets, you're the safest now than you've ever been in history (america... not accounting for the rest of the world), and if your reaction to a new supreme court justice is an anxiety attack, talk to someone. They just interpret the constitution. They don't make laws, they don't change laws. They make rulings and the states go from there. Calm. down.
    Last edited by Lilac Tentacles; 09-21-2020 at 11:40 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (09-21-2020),Synth Salazzle (09-21-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 17h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    Everyone always screams that the sky is falling and that america is "oMg litTERALLY wOrse thAN a 3rd WorLD couNTry!?!@!@?"

Stop. Everyone stop. No one is taking away anyone's rights. No one in government has the authority without checks and balances. Changes may be made, but blatant rights must be voted on and all of that takes time. If you feel your rights are being diminished, then take a look at your state-level voter base. Because I promise, politicians are being voted in based on what the people want. Everyone has less freedom now because most of you are demanding we all stay inside living like hermits. I had covid while pregnant, and I can 100% confirm swine flu was way worse.

When everyone else gives me back my capitalist right to shop at target without covering my mouth, I'll pretend to listen to your "rights are being taken away" arguments. (hint: they aren't. you have all your rights, calm down)

Edit:

A bunch of us in the LGB have decided T doesn't belong in the acronym. Gender preference shouldn't be lumped in with the rest because it's not a sexual preference. Just like race shouldn't listed in the alphabet soup. And trust me, we know discrimination. Try being gay/bisexual and telling your "friends" you're a political conservative. The amount of vitriol and hate i've received from people claiming to be "tolerant" is actually disturbing. I keep our (husband and mine's) girlfriend a secret from the rest of our family and I keep our political opinions hidden because of our extremely leftist friends who love screaming at us how oppressed we are and "how could you vote for a literal tyrant?!?"
    Trump has stated he's planning a female replacement ((you need an account to see links)) and I don't agree with it. If your choice for one of the most important seats in government is based on whether you have a vagina or penis, I don't think you're capable of making those decisions. It's a travesty that this is what it's come to. Congrats, we're sexist and racist now.

I'm literally so sick of over-reacting to what the media tells you to fear. You're not being murdered in the streets, you're the safest now than you've ever been in history (america... not accounting for the rest of the world), and if your reaction to a new supreme court justice is an anxiety attack, talk to someone. They just interpret the constitution. They don't make laws, they don't change laws. They make rulings and the states go from there. Calm. down.
    I don't see anyone screaming that the US are worse than a 3rd world country. And I'm sorry but that you didn't have a bad case of COVID is not representative at all. The US have what, 200k deaths now? And those people didn't die in peace. COVID is a nasty way to go, you literally choke.

Also, trans people are often bi or gay. Are they still excluded from "your" community then? Also, discrimination on political viewpoints is bad as well, but not being able to change your gender in your passport when you deeply feel that you are a man is worse, not being able to get hormone treatment and being forced to live in a body that you hate is worse, being called a rapist because you want to use the bathroom that you feel comfortable in is worse. Walking outside in woman's clothing and being beat up is worse, just like wearing man's clothing and being sexually harassed is worse. And tell me, what is discrimination about someone telling you you voted for a tyrant when Trump is exactly that? He's a disaster. He has lied about Russian interference when he already knew about it. He bullied a kid on Twitter. He lets 200k people die. He made fun of a person with a handicap. He called McCain a loser because he was imprisoned, when he himself faked growing pains to avoid the army. He tweeted that vaccines cause autism. He approved of a pipeline on native land. He's ruining the world. I could go on and on.

And I have to correct you on that last bit. People ARE being murdered on the streets. (you need an account to see links) , (you need an account to see links) , (you need an account to see links) - or they are being murdered in their own house: (you need an account to see links) - but yeah, we shouldn't be afraid of that.
    Last edited by Erik.; 09-21-2020 at 12:11 PM. Reason: awkward typo

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

cuddlypanda (09-21-2020),Double.Trouble (09-21-2020),dustyc (09-21-2020),Fabulous (09-21-2020),Flordibel (09-21-2020),hissi (09-21-2020),kittyray (09-21-2020),Koto (09-21-2020),Mama Bear (09-21-2020),motherfucker (09-21-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-21-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    While there is not ever a "convenient" time for a death or a loss, this seems to be the worst possible time for the world's loss of Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
    From what I know of RBG, she was a queen and a very important activist for women as well as LGBTQIA+ peoples' rights.

I'm uneducated about American Politics, but I'm intelligent enough to acknowledge how much of a mess things are.

Michael's Tinfoil Hat Moment:

I am sorry for the loss to all of my American friends and RGB's close family and friends. She lived such a purpose-driven life and all Americans should be proud of her and her legacy.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

cuddlypanda (09-21-2020),Double.Trouble (09-21-2020),Erik. (09-21-2020),Fabulous (09-21-2020),kittyray (09-21-2020),Mama Bear (09-21-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-21-2020),Werewolf (09-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    I don't see anyone screaming that the US are worse than a 3rd world country. And I'm sorry but that you didn't have a bad case of COVID is not representative at all. The US have what, 200k deaths now? And those people didn't die in peace. COVID is a nasty way to go, you literally choke.

Also, trans people are often bi or gay. Are they still excluded from "your" community then? Also, discrimination on political viewpoints is bad as well, but not being able to change your gender in your passport when you deeply feel that you are a man is worse, not being able to get hormone treatment and being forced to live in a body that you hate is worse, being called a rapist because you want to use the bathroom that you feel comfortable in is worse. Walking outside in woman's clothing and being beat up is worse, just like wearing man's clothing and being sexually harassed is worse. And tell me, what is discrimination about someone telling you you voted for a tyrant when Trump is exactly that? He's a disaster. He has lied about Russian interference when he already knew about it. He bullied a kid on Twitter. He lets 200k people die. He made fun of a person with a handicap. He called McCain a loser because he was imprisoned, when he himself faked growing pains to avoid the army. He tweeted that vaccines cause autism. He approved of a pipeline on native land. He's ruining the world. I could go on and on.

And I have to correct you on that last bit. People ARE being murdered on the streets. (you need an account to see links) , (you need an account to see links) , (you need an account to see links) - or they are being murdered in their own house: (you need an account to see links) - but yeah, we shouldn't be afraid of that.
    Lots of people on various internet platforms like to compare the USA to numerous shitty places. And as for transgendered people, they are more than welcome to transition as far as I've seen. I have a few friends, in fact, who are doing just that. They're going to doctors and taking their drugs, and living their best lives... all in the USA. No one has even tried to stop them. I also notice you stated being beat up for wearing women's clothing is worse than being politically discriminated against. I went to an LGBT for trump rally party in Raleigh and had people throwing full-ass cans of soda and rocks at us while chanting that we were traitors. I'm sorry I refuse to live in a hive-mind of liberal insanity.

Also your list of "being murdered in the streets" is like 0.001% of murders across the country. I don't think that qualifies for the mass rioting and reaction it has caused. More children are being murdered by their abusive parents and no one gives a shit because the media doesn't tell you to. Maybe start giving notice to more pressing issues? Because let's face it, you don't care about deaths until you're told to. *shrug* sorry not sorry.

As for COVID, I just don't care. 200k deaths isn't Trump's fault. The states were put in charge. When he attempted to shut the borders, he was called a racist and xenophobe. My stance on everything is: If it's causing more damage to mental health and the economy than it is to actual life, it's an overreaction and everyone needs to sit down.
    Swine flu killed tons of people and almost caused me to fail a semester of college, but no one cared because the "right guy" was in office. Once again - *shrug*.

Not gonna change my mind. Every election year, it's like this. If the entire world could get their heads out of America's ass, they could focus on their own issues and ours wouldn't be blown up with a microscope. Truth be told, I love this country and everything about it. Even if I don't agree with the current administration or the direction it's going, I love it here. I got off the internet during the last part of my pregnancy and it was absolute bliss. No one was telling me I'm going to die, no one was spreading awful news, I wasn't told who to fear or why. I just lived my life. Maybe if we all started just living our lives and being good people, it wouldn't be so bad.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (09-21-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 12h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Answer #1 it was posted that they hope some man that gropes women shouldn't be elected/nominated for the position. So I immediately thought of Biden. When talking about a theoretical person vs video proof. So with your question I have one for you... Are you upset that video exists of a man groping women and children or just that I posted it?

#2 LGB is sexual preferences. TQIA aren't minus Q. Which im not sure needs to be listed as its covered on LGB as are all the other letters. In another year I'm sure you will be offended im not adding yet another letter like P.

Transgender is sexual Identity and once they have taken on there new identity they fall under the LGB community (of sexual preferences) an all inclusive group that can only be "inclusive" if you add a new letter apparently. Again my opinion since you've directed your question at me.

#3 Refer to my spoiler above.

#4 I'm not denying anyone an "experience" as that's something only that person can have. My opinion does not change anyone's experiences just an observation.

#5 What a strange question... like saying you can't be republican if you want more strict gun laws. Or you can't be a Democrat if you support gun rights.... not going to touch this question.

#6 There are countries in the world that kill people who fall out of social norms. Killing is an extreme and some places only jail them. I dont think I need to elaborate on this.

#7 I will quote you "presumption that the colour of your skin matters" now tell me which lives matter? I cant think of BLM with out thinking of riots, looting and burning down stores. All started over the wrongful death of a criminal by police. Make your point for police reform. You want to improve the quality of lives in low income areas promote reform of the education system. Democrats are responsible for sectioning of what areas go to certain schools. It wasn't always this way. If your parent wanted you to go to a different school and they were willing to drive out of their way every day the could do so up until 20 years ago? You can fight injustices without throwing your color of skin at it. Again I don't think I need to elaborate on this any further.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    A bunch of us in the LGB have decided T doesn't belong in the acronym. Gender preference shouldn't be lumped in with the rest because it's not a sexual preference. Just like race shouldn't listed in the alphabet soup. And trust me, we know discrimination.
    Was there a vote I was not invited to...?

LGBTQIA+ people have to stick together. As a CIS-gendered white gay male, I feel very fortunate to be able to be myself in this day and age. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be Trans in the USA right now, walking down the street fearing for your life and safety. It's exactly what gay men and women had to deal with years and years ago. I cannot begin to imagine the daily pain of waking up in the wrong body, constantly and consistently being called the opposite of what you want; even sometimes maliciously (not to mention the cost of reassignment in general).

Since when did "LGB"s become so exclusive?

I'm painfully aware I will never change your mind and you are obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I can't not comment on the disregard for the Trans community in your post.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Bellz (09-21-2020),Double.Trouble (09-21-2020),dustyc (09-21-2020),Erik. (09-21-2020),Fabulous (09-21-2020),Flordibel (09-21-2020),Goddammit (09-21-2020),hissi (09-21-2020),kittyray (09-21-2020),Mama Bear (09-21-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-21-2020),sourmilk (09-23-2020),Werewolf (09-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by motherfucker View Post
    Was there a vote I was not invited to...?

LGBTQIA+ people have to stick together. As a CIS-gendered white gay male, I feel very fortunate to be able to be myself in this day and age. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be Trans in the USA right now, walking down the street fearing for your life and safety. It's exactly what gay men and women had to deal with years and years ago. I cannot begin to imagine the daily pain of waking up in the wrong body, constantly and consistently being called the opposite of what you want; even sometimes maliciously (not to mention the cost of reassignment in general).

Since when did "LGB"s become so exclusive?

I'm painfully aware I will never change your mind and you are obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I can't not comment on the disregard for the Trans community in your post.
    Not exclusive, just separate. Same as race relations are a different horse race. And once again, no one is being murdered in the streets like you're all making it out to be. I feel the same way when women claim they're terrified to walk down the street alone because *gasp* MEN EXIST!

If you're that scared of being alive, you need to talk to someone or find somewhere new to live. Same reason I don't live in the middle east. They throw gay people off buildings, if you hadn't heard. I prefer to not be tossed off buildings or actually persecuted for being me. Seriously though, transgendered people have the entire media, most of the world wide web, and unless you live in the boondocks of some backwoods state full of "good old boys", most people are very demanding of transgendered rights and avid allies. Same as LGB people. Even my super anti-gay dad has started coming around because he realizes I'm not the boogeyman.

I also respect your opinion, it is one shared across the board, but a decent chunk of my particular group, don't associate with the needs of the T-community because we don't know their struggle. We wake up happy in our skins and have no idea of the effects of transitioning or passing for anything. Ans we aren't going to claim to be.

"LGBTQIA+ people have to stick together." ~ No, we don't. That's called a hivemind. It's not a good thing, Agustus.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (09-21-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 8h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

A bunch of us in the LGB have decided T doesn't belong in the acronym.
    Big yikes. I didn't vote for this petty bullshit. You don't make those decisions, thankfully.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Werewolf For This Useful Post:

Double.Trouble (09-21-2020),dustyc (09-21-2020),Erik. (09-21-2020),Fabulous (09-22-2020),hissi (09-21-2020),motherfucker (09-21-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-21-2020),sourmilk (09-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Big yikes. I didn't vote for this petty bullshit. You don't make those decisions, thankfully.
    Lol, there are a few people who feel the same way I do. A bunch actually. And it's not like we excommunicated them out of malice. I've stated my point on it. Agree or disagree is fine.

I'm out on this topic. I know the general feel of this forum so I'm not going to waste my day repeating myself. Please refer to other postings for the whys if you feel the need to press further.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (09-21-2020)