DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Yes I smoke. Hell yes I wish I could quit. Aside from being an obvious health risk... it's a waste of money, I know everyone can smell it on me (except me), I can't have nice things in my house because it stains everything.
    Tried to quit a couple years ago and it showed me what a true addiction it is. Had panic-attack-like withdrawal and turned into an irritable beast until I started up again.

Don't smoke, kids, it's not fun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (09-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    52d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Yes I smoke a lot lot lot of cigs
    Newport 100s

I am ok with it ya I like em and it helps me keep the work stress at bay

DAWSON HAD A CREEK, MOODY HAD A POINT

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I used to smoke socially - bumming a cig here or there at a party or the bar. It always seemed like the "cool" people would go outside for smoke breaks and I wanted to hang too! I then got a job where smoking was basically part of the culture (hang out by the back door and bitch while we smoke). It eventually turned into a pack a day habit. I moved into a third floor apartment and wasn't interested in taking all those flights up and down just for a cig, so I slowly weened myself off by substituting with a vape. I don't use either now. It was a bitch to quit. It's been about 6 years since I've been fully addicted (I still slip up once or twice a year at parties or in high moments of stress), and I still get the urge to light one up every time I get into my car.

My lungs aren't totally free and clear though. I have a medical card for marijuana which I mostly vape, but I'm truly a better person with it than without (more creative, patient, less anxious) so I don't see myself quitting anytime soon.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

♥ AmandaBynes ♥ (09-24-2020),Ariealle (09-24-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I ingest hefty amounts of marijuana for my glaucoma, and mental health. I smoked cigarettes for almost 15 years dude, I vape now, but I STILL feel the phlegm lurching out of my lungs from the years of abuse.

I really don't mind the vape being attached to me, i would prefer I didn't hae the habit, but it does help to fill thinking spurts. I can only suggest that anyone that want to quit, just dig deep down and resist that urge...because you fucking smell terrible ;*
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Lost not one but two grandparents to horrific smoking-related lung cancer and, no thank you. I have low-impact OCD and a H I G H L Y addictive personality and decided as a child that I would just leave well alone and not get into smoking (or drugs, or even drinking for that matter). I was lucky enough to grow up with non-smoking parents and in a culture that didn't really glorify or otherwise push smoking as "normal", so small blessings.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    18d 14h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I used to smoke, had been vaping since I quit cigarettes in January, and holy shit it was hard to completely quit. I'm only a month out since I totally quit nicotine cold turkey and I've only recently started to not constantly think about it and miss it. I have an incredibly bad sense of smell, to the point of a severe anosmia diagnosis, and half of your sense of taste is your sense of smell. I know what cigarettes smell like because they are so pungent and it didn't bother me too much smelling like that because I could hardly smell it in the first place, but I got really sick in January. I went outside to smoke a cigarette and for some reason, I could fully TASTE the cigarette (something that I'd never had the displeasure of tasting before). It tasted SO BAD and I quit right then and there. I started vaping about a week later and quitting that was so much harder than quitting cigarettes any of the times I had previously tried. I think its due to the high amount of nicotine I was vaping. ANYWAY, don't smoke yall, its expensive and bad for you.

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 44m
    I was smoking about a pack a day if not a little more for about 10ish years. Decided it was time to stop when I was having a hard time just going up my steps. It also didn't help that I felt like it ruled my entire day. Want to watch a movie? Cigarette first. Drive to the store, smoke one on the way across the parking lot. Every move I made involved having to smoke at some point, add that to the cost and enough was enough. Cold turkey wasn't an option, so I started to cut down. 20 a day to 15, then work down to 10, then 5 etc. Finally got to the point of 1 a day. Had half in the morning, half before bed. The first day without one was awful, and I caved snuck out for one before bed. Luckily no more than a few days later a stomach bug hit and I was too weak and tired to go outside for one, so that was the end. Felt like absolute trash for a while, dizzy spells, cravings, digestive system was all out of wack but once it balanced out. Dude. Let me tell ya'll how awesome it was to realize how much flavor food had, or how strongly things actually smelled (and that cigarettes actually stink). It was fantastic. Never looked back and its been a few years now. Never touched a vape and just wanted to stay away from it all. Though will occasionally smoke some weed as it helps a ton with anxiety issues, but no more cigarettes for good.

Anyone thinking about quitting, I believe in you. Its hard, very hard, and going to suck, but -you got this-. Even just having one less a day is progress! Hang in there!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I smoke kush if that counts

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSlowBro For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (09-24-2020),Gato (09-24-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSlowBro View Post
    I smoke kush if that counts
    i say it definitely count, now stop bogarting mafk! MIC CHECK!
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    157/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    88d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I used to smoke cigarettes for several years. I ended up quitting almost two years ago. I ended up breaking last year and smoked one for the hell of it. I felt really sick afterwards and told myself never again haha.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ked For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (09-24-2020)