94/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    36d 15h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m

My mom fell for the cash app support scam

She could not active her debit card through the app in which in turn made her look up the support number. The first number that showed up was a scam number. He had her download team viewer and stole all 145$ I gave her rent and the 329$ from her bank account. She is coming down tomorrow that way I can report the charges for being fraudulent / scam. I do not know how to react I am just upset with everything. I don't know what other information he grabbed but he has the address and my mom phone number. She used an iPhone thank god. I know with android it could have been a lot worse. Sorry I needed to vent.
    The title was supposed to be fell :/
    Last edited by Lucid Acid Dream; 09-13-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 19h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Eater View Post
    She could not active her debit card through the app in which in turn made her look up the support number. The first number that showed up was a scam number. He had her download team viewer and stole all 145$ I gave her rent and the 329$ from her bank account. She is coming down tomorrow that way I can report the charges for being fraudulent / scam. I do not know how to react I am just upset with everything. I don't know what other information he grabbed but he has the address and my mom phone number. She used an iPhone thank god. I know with android it could have been a lot worse. Sorry I needed to vent.
    The title was supposed to be fell :/
    That's really terrible and so frustrating!

It's a good thing that she has you to help her at least. There are a lot of people that fall for these things who don't have someone who is more technologically savvy who can help repair the aftereffects of such an unfortunate error.

I hope that there is something that can be done to trace the whereabouts of the money, or if not, at least perhaps the authorities can use the information you provide to help pin down who these jerks are who do this stuff.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Lucid Acid Dream (09-15-2020)

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    94/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    36d 15h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    To make matters worse the 114$ they took out of the money I sent her is not in the transaction logs meaning I can't report it. Lucky tho the money they took out of her bank account the bank is going to refund.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    That's really sad, I can't believe that the first number that turns up is a scam, google REALLY needs to do better with their ads (I'm thinking it was a good ad at the top of the search page).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

Lucid Acid Dream (09-15-2020)