Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

[GUIDE] Contest Trophies

Hi, it's me again

I'm always all about building up your account - and one of those ways are through TROPHIES.
    It's amazing to have a shit ton of trophies on your account, especially when your account is old. If you're interested to know about how to get easy trophies, you can take a look at my trophies guide over (you need an account to see links). But other than getting on the high score tables of flash games, do you know that there are other ways to get trophies? Some of them don't even require much interaction on the site, but more of a creative expression of your self with references to the site!

So today... I'll be introducing

CONTEST TROPHIES

(you need an account to see links)
    1. Art Gallery

5. Customization Spotlight

8. Lenny Conundrum
    (Not Working)

10. NeoHome Spotlight
    (Not Working)

15. Site Spotlight
    (Not Working)

I hope the guide was informative enough for you! If there are any information that's not correct please do let me know!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Attack (09-08-2020),bank_man (09-08-2020),cuddlypanda (09-08-2020),Goxar (09-08-2020),Zenitsu (05-09-2023),ZeroTwo (09-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Hey, @(you need an account to see links)! You got a really nice guide here! Thanks for compiling all this info. +rep

Also, I would add that the Caption Contest doesn't necessarily have only 25 people picked by TNT. It's actually much more, around 40 users per round. After the round is over, TNT displays the 23 ~ 26 best captions in their archives.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goxar For This Useful Post:

bank_man (09-08-2020),Unown (09-08-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goxar View Post
    Hey, @(you need an account to see links)! You got a really nice guide here! Thanks for compiling all this info. +rep

Also, I would add that the Caption Contest doesn't necessarily have only 25 people picked by TNT. It's actually much more, around 40 users per round. After the round is over, TNT displays the 23 ~ 26 best captions in their archives.
    Ah so there's around 40 entries during the voting stage?

Then how do they go about awarding the trophies as well as the avatar?

Thanks for letting me know!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    18d 22h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Thanks for the guide!

It's worth noting that you can win the BC with extremely few votes. Go to the previous winners page, and browse by species. Find a species that consistently gets < 3 entries, morph your pet into that species, enter, and you're guaranteed a trophy + avatar. This is because the top three entries for each species win. If there are fewer than three entrants, you win by default. The number of entries varies each week, but generally it won't switch from 1 entry the week prior to 5+.

If your previously unpopular species ends up with 4+ entries that week, create a board on the Art Chat on Friday and ask for votes. Include your link in your sig, vote for other people's pets, and you should have enough votes to be in the top three within an hour or so. This only applies to unpopular species -- an hour of advertising will not win you a trophy for a Lupe, for example. It's important to do this right when the contest launches, so that people still have their vote for your species available.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bank_man For This Useful Post:

Goxar (09-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Ah so there's around 40 entries during the voting stage?

Then how do they go about awarding the trophies as well as the avatar?

Thanks for letting me know!
    Yes, that's right. There's around 40 captions up for voting each month.

The "Funny" avatar is given to the top 25 every 10th edition of CC and the "Hilarious" avatar is given to the top 5 on any edition.

Regarding the trophies, the info you brought is correct. Top 5 gets gold, 6th to 12th gets silver and 13th to 25th gets bronze, which means the other contestants get nothing at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goxar For This Useful Post:

Unown (09-08-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    339 times
    Time Online
    79d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m

All good points & check out (you need an account to see links)

It's a popularity chart for each species entered into the BC over the past x months. Gives you an idea of what species to morph your pet into for easy gold!

you know when someone asks "why are you so dressed up"
    and you have to literally explain to them that this is who you are

asking the important questions

thanks @extraterrestrial for capturing my essence

anyway here's my petpet

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fabulous For This Useful Post:

bank_man (09-09-2020),Unown (09-08-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by bank_man View Post
    Thanks for the guide!

It's worth noting that you can win the BC with extremely few votes. Go to the previous winners page, and browse by species. Find a species that consistently gets < 3 entries, morph your pet into that species, enter, and you're guaranteed a trophy + avatar. This is because the top three entries for each species win. If there are fewer than three entrants, you win by default. The number of entries varies each week, but generally it won't switch from 1 entry the week prior to 5+.

If your previously unpopular species ends up with 4+ entries that week, create a board on the Art Chat on Friday and ask for votes. Include your link in your sig, vote for other people's pets, and you should have enough votes to be in the top three within an hour or so. This only applies to unpopular species -- an hour of advertising will not win you a trophy for a Lupe, for example. It's important to do this right when the contest launches, so that people still have their vote for your species available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    All good points & check out (you need an account to see links)

It's a popularity chart for each species entered into the BC over the past x months. Gives you an idea of what species to morph your pet into for easy gold!
    Thanks for the tips! Added them to the guide.