Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a way to avoid the Stack Path error?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by especially View Post
    thank you for replying i have no idea.

i'm not currently using anything but my usual wifi connection???

do i change my ip? i did not know i could do that. how do i modify my internet connection?
    A lot of internet providers assign their customers a static IP, which means your IP doesn't really change regardless of what you do. If yours doesn't (or if you're not sure and want to test), you can try completely powering down your modem, waiting about five minutes, and then turning it back on. You can check the before and after at a site like (you need an account to see links), just jot down what it is on a notepad before you turn the modem off and wait around boredly for 5 minutes.

If THAT doesn't change your IP, the easiest way I can think of offhand to get you connecting for free through another IP address would be for you to download Opera internet browser. Opera includes a built in free VPN that you can toggle on and off at any time. (you need an account to see links)

This said DO NOT USE THAT FEATURE for your main neopets account. Use a shell account to test this out. If you don't have one, send me a PM, I can see if I can dig one up to send you to use as a tester. We don't want TNT to get all fussy because your main account randomly logged in from a strange location (the VPN location) just because we were testing.

If you can log in and perform all actions as normal on any other IP, I'd assume there's something in Stackpath's system that is really hung up on your home IP being problematic.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 times
    Time Online
    33d 3h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    thank you so much i am going to try that first one and then we'll see i guess!!
    my lurker card got revoked so here I am I guess