Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m

[GUIDE] Cheeseroller Cheese Analysis

CHEESEROLLER

I'm sure many of you have heard of this game titled Cheeseroller.

It's one of the most annoying, random, frustrating dailies there are out there. But why do people play it?

Because they give these:
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

Annoying? Everytime it gets stuck or it adds seconds to your timer you get so pissed off.
    Random? Even if you get it done under 60 seconds, the avatar is so hard to come by.
    Frustrating? On top of only being able to play it thrice a day, there's no evidence which cheese or where you roll will help more.

Game Rules:

So there are 35 different cheeses which you can purchase from the Cheese Maker to roll down a hill. The faster you are, the more points you get. If you manage to roll it down to the finish line within 60 minutes, you get the chance to get the avatar. Trophies are based on the High Score Table so as always, best to start trying at the beginning of the month. But since it's entirely random, it's fine to just keep trying everyday.

There are 5 different commands available:
    • Forward Somersault
    • Push Cheese Faster
    • Hold Cheese Steady
    • Dive Left
    • Dive Right

*There have been sources that say diving right or left has a higher chance of NOT getting stuck. So most scripts and programs that you use will go with that option but there hasn't been any confirmation from TNT whatsoever.*

Types of Cheese:
    (you need an account to see links)

*There have also been sources that say that the best cheese that wins the most is the Quadruple Fudge Cheese at 1,800nps but as usual, no confirmation from TNT whatsoever. Many programs and scripts will buy this cheese automatically.*

I compiled the spreadsheet above to show the cost price of the cheese buying from the Cheese Master (you are not allowed to buy the cheese elsewhere to roll them. You have to purchase them from the Cheese Master to play the daily), and the price of selling them in the Shop Wizard. *Prices are correct from JellyNeo as of 30th September 2020. The prices will of course, fluctuate. But as you can see from the spreadsheet, the higher the cost of the cheese, the lower you can sell. Especially the most expensive cheese going for only 25np at sale price. You only get to keep the cheese that you win with (< 60 seconds). It seems like the Triple Mustard Cheese would have the highest profit value out of all the cheese.

The strategy from JellyNeo is:

Finishing below 60 seconds or making the high score table requires partial luck. This game is not entirely random, as some might believe. When you use 'Dive Left' or 'Dive Right' consistently, it will help prevent obstacles more often than other movements, leading to a smoother and faster roll. More expensive cheeses also have a greater chance of rolling faster.

The avatar is randomly awarded when you finish within 60 seconds. Choosing only 'Dive Left' or 'Dive Right' will give you the greatest chance of getting a score in that range.
    But at the end of the day, nobody knows whether a more expensive cheese lets you win more, whether Dive Left dodges more obstacles, since nothing has been confirmed. There have been lots of tests and experiments conducted but it's still user-generated and limited to a certain sample size. As I mentioned before, it's an annoying, random and frustrating game. I've ever done it with Spicy Juppie Cheese (cheapest) and won 3 times (< 60 seconds) and I've also ever done it with Rotten Cheese (most expensive) and lost all 3 times (> 60 seconds). The points you get for the High Score Table and the trophy is based on the amount of seconds it takes to get to the finishing line, of course the lesser the better.

Here are 2 ways you can make this clicking fuckfest of a daily easier:

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-27-2020),Goxar (11-06-2020),John_ (12-29-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (11-30-2020),Oneiros (08-30-2020),Painwheel (11-04-2020),Pidgey (08-30-2020),Sephora (11-25-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    17h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    while the bots currently available are great, I could make a bot that does everything 'randomly' and records the results on my server.

would need a bunch of people running it daily to get the kind of numbers that would be necessary to get any good data, since it'd have to have a dozen pre-defined move alogrythms to test for average speed per cheese.

looks like something I could throw together in an afternoon, atleast a console based proof of concept.
    I mean, it only needs to run for like, 3 minutes eh?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to valseedian2 For This Useful Post:

Unown (08-30-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by valseedian2 View Post
    while the bots currently available are great, I could make a bot that does everything 'randomly' and records the results on my server.

would need a bunch of people running it daily to get the kind of numbers that would be necessary to get any good data, since it'd have to have a dozen pre-defined move alogrythms to test for average speed per cheese.

looks like something I could throw together in an afternoon, atleast a console based proof of concept.
    I mean, it only needs to run for like, 3 minutes eh?
    Ooooh that's interesting.

It could just be like what people are doing now with the petpages on Island Mystic and all, but easier. It might be fun to get people to participate in a full scale study. I think you could contact j03 to see if you could tap into StealthCORE's resources to collect data instead of making another one - since people use 1 botter and would prefer not to switch.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    17h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    well, that probably wouldn't be as simple as you'd think off-hand. His bot is likely written to just do the 'best' colloquially known method which is just constant diving with a specific cheese.
    my bot would have to be able to pick any cheese, and would have to parse multiple 'move' algorythms... and it would have to send the data back to a server that isn't neopets and I know how much that's frowned upon by the community. I used to have runlogs in Autoneo that would tell me how many times a function my bot implemented was used by anyone using the bot, and people got quite upset about that even though it was literally just a single number in the get field,no usernames or anything, and I'd mentioned that they where there on the release page... but noone ever reads those.

just for an idea, the move patterns could be as simple as 'always dive' to 'always go forward' to 'flip flop between forward and dive' all the way to as complicated as 'move forward twice unless you hit an obstacle, then move forward twice after that obstacle and dive then move forward as long as you didn't hit an obstacle on that dive' or something as convoluted. you never know what could end up being the 'best' solution or how complicated it could get.
    there are a number of iterations I'd think to check to counteract the possible way's they'd program the randomness. Does each person have their own specific map? does each cheese have the same map for everybody every day? is there even a 'map' or is it all just straight random calls at time of need?
    assuming it's not the last one, there's some possible ways to optimize the trophy and profit.
    Last edited by valseedian2; 08-31-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    When im building new accounts, quadruple cheese and dive left only usually gets the gold trophy within one HST reset (two max) running the script daily.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by nataurs View Post
    When im building new accounts, quadruple cheese and dive left only usually gets the gold trophy within one HST reset (two max) running the script daily.
    Oh I just saw this!

How large is your sample size and how many other cheeses did you try this with?