Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello! Newbie member checking in.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m

Hello! Newbie member checking in.

Hello! Just made the move from being a lurker to an actual forum member and wanted to say hello. I'm a longtime (19+ year) Neo player who has stayed legitimate for all that time up until earlier this month when I succumbed to the siren song of buying my dream UC pet. A UC pet I would have just made myself if we had been given literally any forewarning about pets getting converted. I'm not salty

Anyway, having now bought the UC, I came to clraik seeking guides (possibly advice/services, when I get enough reputation?) on how to successfully integrate the pet into my main account so the Neopets Guides section will be my next stop after making this post.

I came for the UC integration but will be sticking around for the Neo community because this seems like a fun place to be.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Welcome to ck

There are lots of guides here. The common theme is stay away from the toxic cesspool known as the PC.

Secure it on a side account is your best bet. Log in regularly. Don't rush. Some people wait a year or more before moving to their main. Come up with a story on how you got it. The less your on the Pound Chat the safer you are.

With that being said I have integrated lots of UCs to the Pound chat without issue many others here have too. Just dont be flaunting it you should be good.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Thank you for the welcome and the advice!

Yeah, that about jives with what I've been reading...stay away from the PC, move with patience, use a side, and be extremely discreet. Luckily the pet should look right at home alongside my legit pets once I get it there. It's the cover story in case the question comes up, the fear of the original owner ever returning (per the site I bought from, the account has been in their possession for six years, but I came back myself recently after a seven year hiatus), and the fact of there not being a long trading history with the pet would make it super easy for TNT to see the history and verify me as the guilty party if the OG owner ever comes back that worry me.

How soon is too soon to move to move the pet to a side account is one question I'm not sure about. It's still on its original account so at the moment I'm just using a dedicated VPN to impersonate the original owner.

All this covert sneaking around on Neo has been the most I've been entertained on Neo in a long time so at least there's that lol

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Hello and welcome alister! We are happy to have you. Glad to see that ck has already helped you achieve a dream of yours We've tons of guides and good advice chilling out in the Guides section that you mentioned!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    67d 17h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Welcome to clraik! Congrats on the upgrade from lurker to forumer

Yes, the community here is quite fun, have you seen the defenders of clraik sub-forum? We have an event happening currently, even though its in its final chapter. But you can see from there that we are quite active as a whole community.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    22d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Welcome to Clraik! And congrats on buying your first UC! It can be nerve wracking securing your first bought pet but as long as you're careful it's very safe.

Disregard reality, aspire to become a magical girl.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Welcome to cK Alister!

Great to note that you've begun to move away from the PC. I'm not that much into pet trading and all, but there're alot of guides and people here who have been trading illegitly for years who can give you good advice.

All the best and see you around the forums! ^^

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Thanks everyone! I did see the Defenders of Neopia plot and am very impressed - honestly it looks more engaging than most of what I've seen actually on Neo lately.

I've actually never been a pet trader either which luckily means the PC doesn't really know about me. I've done a few custom trades here and there but just in exchange for acquiring new permies and mostly back around the last purge which I think would have been in 2012. The UC I bought is one to keep for myself. I did get a second UC but it's mid-tier and will live permanently on a themed side it slots right into. The perks of having an ancient account and sides.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you join us.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hey alister, welcome to ck! It is indeed a great Neo community ^~^
    I hope everything will go well with your dream UC!

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!