Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Have you picked up a new skill or hobby recently?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I have never painted my man nails.
    But if I did, it would totally look like this:

@(you need an account to see links) these are phenomenal. You should really monetize this.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Crow (11-19-2020),♥ Dita ♥ (11-19-2020),Furina (11-19-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) I LOVE those, especially the constellation one oh my god!!

Also re:thin, fragile nails: ME TOO body chemistry really sucks (not that I've tried to take nail supplements or anything) my friend got me an at-home gel manicure set for my birthday a few years ago and I LOVED it but my nails were SO thin that the shrinkage of the gel would sometimes warp my nails, not to mention the fact that gel still peels off my nails relatively easily after a while/isn't strong enough to protect them from bending in the shower/accidental snaps and tears. Even when I got acrylic tips they would bend or rip off my natural nail eventually ;_;

I'm actually wearing dip powder right now and am LOVING it. The sturdiness and sheer hardness is incredible - at first it was a bit uncomfortable because your nails be RIGID now but I am really happy and hope to get them done again like this in the future. If you've never tried it before I do recommend, maybe it will suit your lifestyle as well!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (11-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

Thank you guys so much! I didn't really expect to get so many people liking them

Fab: I will definitely let you know I have the brushes to do hand panting but my dinky collection of polish is not really suited for painting so maybe once I can get better polish I can really try it

Motherfucker: I feel like I'm not versed enough yet to monetize it but thank you! I will work towards it because all of my example, including that one, was ones where I just tried something not really sure what I'm doing and it worked! I need to start learning real techniques lol

Ice: I'm so glad, thank you! I want to try a constellation one again with another sign since when I did that one I didn't have the small detail brushes like I do now so I'll post again for you when I do my next one #weaknailsclub

I actually have yet to try the dip polish but you make me want to try it! I haven't been able to justify getting some since I'm still working on getting all the real tools needed for making nails. It gets so expensive! Next time I get a chance I will c:

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

Crow (11-19-2020),Fabulous (11-19-2020),Ice (11-19-2020),motherfucker (11-19-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    It really does get to be an expensive hobby (and when you go out for real manicures whew) doesn't it!!

I live vicariously through those quick nail compilation videos while scrolling through FB a lot or YT and it's just an endless hoooooooole of mesmerizing nail art!!

I don't really follow specific nail art creators except Simply Nailogical (and not even really for the nail art, let's be real ahah) but for the content and I recently got my hands on some of her polishes and they're AMAZING. Definitely recommend.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    1d 12h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Cross Stitch! It's really fun, and super simple. There's a lot of free computer programs that will make you a cross stitch pattern out of literally anything. Super fun especially during the lockdown.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've recently picked up game development. I'm a developer by profession, but never touched game development. It was always something I've wanted to try.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've recently started learning how to make resin jewelry and art!

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I've always liked to bake but never had time to, so I've been baking a lot more since the pandemic hit. I also recently picked up various crafts: jewelry, sewing, screen printing. It's a lot of fun and I'm surprised at how much you can learn in such a short amount of time!

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links) Oooh, screen printing has always seemed like so much fun! I signed up for a workshop once, but ended up having to miss it.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (02-11-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Oooh, screen printing has always seemed like so much fun! I signed up for a workshop once, but ended up having to miss it.
    It's messy and time-consuming but very rewarding. It's truly a great deal of fun to see how everything turns out! :-)