Thread: Have you picked up a new skill or hobby recently?

Threaded View

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
    Whoa, I've heard of scrimshawing! I've always thought it was neat, especially some of the ones with those really fine, tiny details. I feel like it'd be a difficult hobby to find supplies for? When you need another bone to work on, where would you even acquire that?

I started doing my own nails, then eventually started making press-on nails that I sell online. Didn't want to get an outside job during the pandemic, so I'm try to make things work from my house lol. It's weird since up until this year I literally never had nail extensions and have only painted my nails a handful of times.

As terrible as the world situation is, it is kind of nice to have a reprieve and develop new skills.
    Putting this in spoilers because it might be disturbing to some:

But nails! That's awesome! I'm really quite terrible at doing my own nails and rarely do it. My godmother was a nail artist for most of her life; can't do it now though because she has rheumatoid arthritis in her wrists and hands which is a real shame. So love it and enjoy it while your body can!! Do you have an Etsy shop? I'd love to see your work!

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (11-19-2020),Oneiros (08-10-2020)