Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of starting neopets again !

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Thinking of starting neopets again !

So I haven't played in years. Like a lot of years. My old account and side accounts got banned for reasons I don't even remember? There was a point in time I tried to get them back but thats never going to happen sadly. The email tied to them has long since been purged and TnT never really wanted to help despite allll my information about each account. RIP

I don't really have the cash to buy an account with anything fancy on it but what would be the downside of starting over fresh?
    I know there used to be a ton of things that you couldn't do with a new account not sure if thats changed at all.

I'm mainly interested in just having fun playing games/collecting avatars again and just chatting/dressing up my pets. I do want to get into UC's as it seeems easier now to get the than it used to be but thats a dream xD

Any tips/Tricks are welcome c:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Welcome back

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    If you're interested in collecting avatars, starting a new account will sadly lock you out of 20+ avatars (off the top of my head, maybe more). As for UC's if you intend on buying them and still going on the boards afterwards, this is super dangerous on a new account, the PC is full of narcs who hate fun and will report you for no reason.

If you're interested in spending a little money on an account you can get a "starter account" as they're often called, which is usually an aged account with some older avatars, maybe a couple of trophies...but nothing huge, for pretty cheap. That would be my personal recommendation, just because of how awful the Neo community can be to newbies. (even though you're not technically new, new accounts really go through the wringer)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (08-03-2020),Fabulous (08-03-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (08-04-2020),Unown (08-04-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by potatopie View Post
    So I haven't played in years. Like a lot of years. My old account and side accounts got banned for reasons I don't even remember? There was a point in time I tried to get them back but thats never going to happen sadly. The email tied to them has long since been purged and TnT never really wanted to help despite allll my information about each account. RIP

I don't really have the cash to buy an account with anything fancy on it but what would be the downside of starting over fresh?
    I know there used to be a ton of things that you couldn't do with a new account not sure if thats changed at all.

I'm mainly interested in just having fun playing games/collecting avatars again and just chatting/dressing up my pets. I do want to get into UC's as it seeems easier now to get the than it used to be but thats a dream xD

have you tried IM'ing them on social media with your ticket number? They will respond faster and if you remember the e-mail associated with the account, they may help you get it back so you can update it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by nattiee View Post
    have you tried IM'ing them on social media with your ticket number? They will respond faster and if you remember the e-mail associated with the account, they may help you get it back so you can update it
    Nah its been soooo long now that i feel it isnt worth the time and effort. Alot of the things i knew then like the names of neopets i made/names of items i had are lost on me lol.
    So I feel like it would be useless to try.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Nah its been soooo long now that i feel it isnt worth the time and effort. Alot of the things i knew then like the names of neopets i made/names of items i had are lost on me lol.
    So I feel like it would be useless to try.
    You can get really nice starter accounts for like 30 dollars here. I did that just so I could have 2 mains and I love the account i got.
    The account also looks more legit, far less suspicious if you have an UC

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m

First up, welcome back!! I remember when I decided to come back

Other than what the rest have mentioned about newer accounts, there are a few more disadvantages.

- Unable to see r95 ~ r99 items from shops until 3 months old
    - Only able to have 1 pet transfer until you're 2 years old
    - Can't adopt colored/painted pets till you're 4 months old
    - Can't win as much neopoints as older accounts in games such as Grarrl Keno and Food Club

There're just a ton of disadvantages with newer accounts on top of people being dicks to newbies.
    It really would be better to buy a starter account from a reputable member of this community and start off from there.

Neopets is a looooooong and grindy game that will take a long time to progress. Being able to start maybe halfway in would make the game a lot more fun for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 5h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Good luck to you! I enjoyed starting a new account, as I like building things up from the bottom. People here are super helpful and there are some great and experienced sellers on cK too.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    333 times
    Time Online
    162d 5h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 48m
    Welcome to Ck and back to neopets.

I always say I'm going to quit, but I'm still around... so no real advice from me x)

If you buy VIP you have more access to scripts which can help generate np, get avatars, and get trophies!

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8d 10h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Welcome back! +1 to getting VIP to use scripts. They're literally a livesaver, I can't imagine playing without them now (who wants to enter food club bets by hand???). It would be more cost effective for your budget by buying a cheap aged account and building it up with the resources VIP gives you. Also more fun imo.
    Not to mention autobuying is a bit addicting.