Thread: What img upload sites do you guys use?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

What img upload sites do you guys use?

Unless there�s a way to stop imgur from getting all that gross compression mess outside of the app I�ve gotta find a new one. Looking for something free where I can host drawings to embed on neo but all my old options are dead. Photobucket got all weird, the pro photo ones are expensive, r/imguralternatives is inactive and the sticky is like 4yo (and the one that still appeared connected, cubeupload, won�t send me the verification email), even tumblr changed how it hosts images so I can�t use that anymore. Thoughts?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    298 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    What kind of compression are you experiencing? I've been using imgur for years now and haven't experienced it. You could try a private dA account.

Why, yes. The world does revolve around me.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Air For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Have you considered Deviantart maybe? It was made to connect people through art.
    It is possible to upload mostly everything there and, as far as I know, there is no limit to how many images can be uploaded, the size or dimensions of the images.
    I believe there is also a way to hide your content so it isn't found by the search mechanism the website features while still being able to embed on other websites.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Basically jpg noise like it’s the olden days. I don’t wanna post the actual art of my pets I’m fighting with rn, so most recent ck-safe example is (you need an account to see links). They look fine in the app, but as soon as they’re embedded anywhere it’s all noisy. Same thing is happening with drawings in pet descriptions.

Lol dA does seem appropriate actually. For some reason my memory of that involves embedding issues, but I think I might be thinking of their right click protection

Edit: thanks for the input guys! Gonna make a dA and see how that works out

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgiawave View Post
    Basically jpg noise like it’s the olden days. I don’t wanna post the actual art of my pets I’m fighting with rn, so most recent ck-safe example is (you need an account to see links). They look fine in the app, but as soon as they’re embedded anywhere it’s all noisy. Same thing is happening with drawings in pet descriptions.

Lol dA does seem appropriate actually. For some reason my memory of that involves embedding issues, but I think I might be thinking of their right click protection

Edit: thanks for the input guys! Gonna make a dA and see how that works out
    I'm wondering if the issue is more with your device and the original quality of the photo, because I use imgur and embed and I don't encounter this issue.

Enjoy my cat's gaping maw, followed by some random Neoboard thing I can't remember why I have. Edit: RIGHT, they were saying when some GBCs were coming. Old news.

Are all your uploads from mobile? Mine are from a PC, so that might be the difference?

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Druid (08-03-2020),Erik. (08-19-2020),Pinecone (08-03-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    I'm wondering if the issue is more with your device and the original quality of the photo, because I use imgur and embed and I don't encounter this issue.

Enjoy my cat's gaping maw, followed by some random Neoboard thing I can't remember why I have. Edit: RIGHT, they were saying when some GBCs were coming. Old news.

Are all your uploads from mobile? Mine are from a PC, so that might be the difference?
    Hmm maybe it’s that - it is all mobile, my main device is an iPad Pro & it’s where I both screenshot things and do drawings. But the files seem big and crystal clear both pre-upload and in the imgur app. I tried deviantart and while the noise problem isn’t nearly as bad there it’s still not 0. Also the version of the image that’s resized for my profile rather than opened in full is extremely noisy, which is not the case for other profiles I’ve looked at.

Uuuuugh this may be another nail in the “I have to buy a laptop” coffin

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Air (08-03-2020),Druid (08-03-2020),funnybell (08-05-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Yea I have no issues using imgur on PC.

Maybe you could transfer your files onto PC and then upload from there.
    I've tried (you need an account to see links) before as well and it was alright for me. You could give that a shot.
    Omg imgbb is perfectly clean. Blessssssss, my life & BC entries are saved

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Do you have discord ? If yes make a private server and use it to upload your images. It works pretty fine for me and it's instanly upload service too so it's really great

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Symphonia For This Useful Post:

Druid (08-21-2020),Synth Salazzle (08-19-2020)