Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Books you can read over and over again?

Pronouns
    He/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    11h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    The Hunger Games is definitely one. I do also like a rather obscure book called Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross, of which I have a signed copy. It takes a concept in a French short story and turns it into a book, the idea of a "repoussoir" - a plain or ugly person who is paid to accompany high society attractive people to social events like balls and parties to make them look more attractive in comparison. The book itself isn't the greatest work of literature that's ever been produced, it can be cliché at times. But it just scratches this itch in my brain because one of my favorite narratives to write as a female author insecure about her own looks is female characters (both beautiful and not) who struggle with their appearances and grow to accept them.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    62d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I highly recommend all of these if you like fantasy!

The Fablehaven series! By Brandon Mull
    It's about a fantasy creature reservoir.

And not sure if theres an english version cause I read them in spanish but I also liked a lot La Emperatriz de los Étereos (The Empress of the Ethereal) about a society living in caves and a kid wanting to explore the outside, and Memorias de Idhún (The Idhun Chronicles) kids get taken to another world with unicorns, dragons, gods and stuff. Both from Laura Gallego.