14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 14h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by m93 View Post
    I recently purchased a dehumidifier and man, I didn't realise my room needed it so bad. Also, a rice cooker! It's just so handy to have.
    Oh I have one too! There are quite a few times when I have to empty it once a day because it's rainy and humid outside.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,162 times
    Time Online
    557d 10h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    As it has been relevant once again, I bought an air purifier two years ago during fire season and it makes a huge difference. Now that i"m working more I'm tempted to upgrade to a fancier version. Plus, despite my new apartment being smaller, the layout is different, so there's less air circulation, and it would prevent me needing to move it around all the time.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Erik. (08-30-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Our new robot vacuum is a lifesaver, but that has been mentioned several times already.
    Besides that: our kettle for hot water can be set to certain temperatures which is great for tea! Also lovely for my hot bottles bc I tend to freeze (more a winter problem tho) and I can set the temperature so it's perfectly hot (but not too hot) from the get-go. And wasn't expensive at all, 10/10 would buy again. Got the idea from my sister who got it for preparing baby food/formula.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    I'm all about planning and a few years ago I developed the habit to write down everything I need to do/every cost I have/schedules on a planner. It changed my life! From then, every year I buy a yearly planner book to help me be organized. I can't just make an appointment without writing there or buy something without writing how much I spent on the day. I can't even finish the month without calculating the bills and writing the costs/profits I had. If you ask me what I did/how much I spent/profited on any day of the year, I have the info written. It helps me a loooot to put my life in order! If lose my planner I would be completely lost, so I always keep it safe on my desk.

I'm not as organized as Menine and don't use a physical notebook, but she gave me this advice and I've recently started following it. It's already made a difference and even helped me spend less. I feel more in control of my finances

And bluetooth earbuds, they make listening to podcasts/audiobooks easier and I don't know what I would do without them now.
    Last edited by lagrima; 08-30-2020 at 04:42 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lagrima For This Useful Post:

Menine (08-30-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    A lot of great mentions! I would like a robot vacuum someday but I feel like I'd need a regular one more lol
    Mine would have to be
    1. good quality bake ware
    Bought loaf tins sometime back and they are great. My bread rises so much more nicely and is pretty tasty. Since having a bit more time I've wanted to get better at baking and also eat cleaner I suppose. I love bread and cakes as treats but wasn't really good at it so it's something fun to learn. Interesting to try and bake things to suit family members dietary and health issues too.
    2. Car? Maybe
    Despite the liability, maintenance and other costs it has been saving me time with travelling to and from work (right now since covid it takes a lot less time, maybe 40 mins less compared to public transport) but it would usually take so much longer if there was traffic. Wouldn't have bought one if it wasn't for work as I was perfectly fine with public transport but atm I can't be picky with work and work needs a car lmao
    Last edited by jellybelly; 09-01-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 9h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    As someone else mentioned; my airpods are very life improving, no tangles, easy to remember to bring wherever, I can listen to a podcast while doing the dishes or pace around my house freely while having some intense professional call.

Whenever I visit family in LA, the thc oil cartridges for vaping are a fantastic life improvement, can be anywhere anytime and slowly/casually elevate my mind lol or I can get completely baked while cozy in bed playing my switch.

If I'm going on holiday or a long weekend, a pack of playing cards is a big life improver so you don't waste your sweet time doing what you do on any day, getting lost in social media land or whatever- instead having everyone play cards routinely is so much better and eventually, you feel detached from your phone and computer in such a nice way.

Lastly, a super sharp japanese knife is a big upgrade if you cook; suddenly, chopping anything is butter.

Something that did not improve my life at all was the decision to get a 'chromebook' for the specific reason of it being my writing laptop, so I wouldn't get distracted... that was an epic fail, I just don't like it and even if its more distraction free, I'll write better on my mac or pc anyday.

You think you want ice cream. So you eat it. And then it's gone. But then you have a stomach ache. What you really want is a bowl of ice cream, that's never empty, and a stomach, that's never full. Well guess what. Life is a bowl that's never empty, and your spirit is a stomach that's never full. You got watcha want. LIFE

I just want to live my life like it's a Studio Ghibli film

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    really interesting question. says I: probably a the load of bleach and hair dye i put to use. for realsies I had hair like down to my knees. asian hair-- stick straight, easy to mainain, blah. It was pretty much messy bunz all day erryday. more boring than twilight yo.

so... quarantine comes along. I bleached/dyed to hearts content. I choppity chopped myself bangs. Got so many colors in my hair i should start a bank. ehem. its a song. I'm very like hands on- artso type, and working with the dyes wuz jammin.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I recently bought a longer leash for my dog, one of those retractable ones and that improves my life and her's on walks.
    Also maybe it's silly but I consider my big platform shoes that make me taller to be pretty life improving. I can reach things AND I feel better about myself.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 11h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    Ever since Covid struck, my job went remote. I already had a room dedicated to a home office but it was mostly just used for shelves and storage. Over the past few months, I bought a new L-shaped computer desk, a really nice plant grow light (Soltech Solutions, HIGHLY recommended) for all my office plants that had to come home with me, and a new filing cabinet. All of which has helped a lot in making the room a space I don't mind being in 10 hours a day. Most importantly though, I just rented a storage unit: 5'x10' for $53 a month so I can de-clutter the rest of the room. My old dog has arthritis and likes to wedge himself behind my new desk to hang out with me but keeps bonking his head on things when he tries to get out since he can't pivot very well anymore, so clearing the place out and getting some space will be great for both of us.

Actually on that note too, I have tile floors and my poor buddy's paws kept slipping out from under him when he stands to eat. I bought of bunch of plastic traction mats and put around the house in his most common hang out spots and it's been a big quality of life improvement. He can now stand up normally and I don't have to wallow in guilt over watching him limp around on slippery tile.