Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fondest childhood / OG neopets memories?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Fondest childhood / OG neopets memories?

Hey guys, I posted about that classic site and I know not all of you have intrest in it, I'm so excited that I've been thinking alot about the memories from when I started in '99. I wanted to share some of my favorites and also hear some of yours.

My fondest is when I won 10k from the wheel of excitment a long long long time ago, when 10k could buy you stuff. I bought my cousin an xmas pb for 3k because she wanted one so bad.

My 2nd favorite was thinking you could use the lab and Ray and then trade the peices and then someone else could use it. I got to go first and ended up with the lab ray for good! My zapped fire chumby to this day that zap moment is in my head the excitment of being a kid.

Finally I remember saving all my code stones and other RE items to sell all at once. I ended up making around 170k NP (2003ish.) And getting a fire wocky mp for like 13k and being so excited, then my BF got frozen and convienced me to start over. So I pounded him and donated my 159ish k to the money tree. Got the best neomail about the NP someone was really happy.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to penguin1991 For This Useful Post:

Amparo (07-15-2020),Furina (07-15-2020),Jakes (07-14-2020),Oshun (07-14-2020),Pidgey (07-14-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    On Christmas one year I got a Christmas PB on the Advent page and I thought it was one of the prizes for the day, so I went on all my sides to get it. But realized it was just a lucky random event on my main account.

My brother always used to win PBs from the fruit machine. I to this day have never gotten one. So maybe thats why its stuck with me so long. Jacko gives out random PBs I think I've gotten a basic color and a pppb from him. Nothing grand.

Also I caught a basic Yellow Meerca with starter BD stats in the pound. I then got a bunch of messages saying they want him back. I kept him. I later got a Kougra Trans from Dr.Sloth and morphed him. Then with my first ever FFQ painted him Plushie. I was scammed and lost access to that account and it was frozen. Then he was purged. His name is still available to create but he was Unconverted and can't bring myself to make him again.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

Amparo (07-15-2020),maya (07-16-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    77 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I was an avid roleplayer. I remember RP boards that had like 200+ replies and constantly needed a new continuation board with how active everyone was. After I finished all my homework, I'd just rush to get on because I was so invested in the plot and development. It was something I really looked forward to on Neopets. It definitely helped shaped me as a writer! I was so shocked to see how barren the RP boards are nowadays.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Furina For This Useful Post:

Amparo (07-15-2020),Bellz (07-14-2020),♥ Dita ♥ (07-14-2020),funnybell (07-14-2020),Goddammit (07-14-2020),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (07-14-2020),maya (07-16-2020),Sakuras (07-15-2020),Super Weenie Hut Juniors (07-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 1h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I got a Cloud Paint Brush from a random event and was ecstatic. I never won anything. I used it on my shoyru.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Super Weenie Hut Juniors For This Useful Post:

Amparo (07-15-2020),maya (07-16-2020),Pidgey (07-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    42d 7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    When I was reeeeeally young, getting my first petpet. It was an Anubis from a McDonalds plush code. I'd been saving up to buy a petpet for ages (lmfao) from the shops and getting one handed to me blew my mind. After that, I'd say finally having enough NP to paint my poogle camo. Wish I still had her!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I had to think about this one for a good bit. So many good memories! One of my favorite was spamming the shit out of the charity corner glitch back in the day. The details are fuzzy because it has been so long, but it involved donating junk items to automatically get rarity 95-99 items. There was some workaround to spam the submit button and get multiple items from each donation too. One of my friends wrote a script for it and I got around $3 billion NPs from it. It was my first time having more than $100 million at one time and it was very exciting!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    101/0
    Mentioned
    132 times
    Time Online
    34d 7h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I remember the RP boards too. They used to be so active! I also remember the period of time where everyone was using freewebs and stuff and hiding their links in posts XD. Definitely helped with my writing and my love of RP in general as well. It's so sad to see how dead it is these days!

---

Otherwise I vaguely remember making my first ever pet. A blue Acara with a god awful name but I thought they were the best thing in the world and I saved forever for a Faerie PB but then actually ended up...winning one I think? It's been so long xD

Unfortunately I fell for one of those 'gimme your pw for nps' things and lost it all. Was super upset xD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xmxsummer For This Useful Post:

♥ HailSeitan ♥ (07-16-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    77 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    @(you need an account to see links) Wow are you me? I also fell for the pw scam and lost my account LOL. I was so heartbroken when that happened but now when I look back I just tell myself how much of a dumbass I was.

I also remember the Fan Club chat being more attuned to roleplaying as well. I have no clue if there was another name for it but there were basically fandom groups and each user got to claim a character and the entire board was just general chatting but you were essentially chatting in character. So it was like casual roleplaying which was relaxing.

As for other events, I remember the adrenaline of finding a painted pet in the pound and scrambling to copy and paste its name in the adoption box. I would stay up late on the weekends to try and snipe pets haha. My best find was a VWN Faerie Pteri before the conversion and I was literally shaking after adopting it. I dreaded seeing a neomail pop up asking for it back or explaining that it was a failed transfer but surprisingly I never got any. And all the pounding avatar pet at X time on the AC and me frantically refreshing the adopt link in hopes of getting said pet.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Furina For This Useful Post:

maya (07-16-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    120d 22h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Restocking a Trigonometry Hyperbolics (r99 book) with really slow internet in mid 2002ish when I was a young noob. Sold it for 2M np which was alot back then.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Mine is super corny but it�s legit the friendships I�ve made. I used to RP on neo back in the day and I�m still somewhat tight with two of my OG RP groups and one I�m friends with all them on fb though we don�t talk.

My two long distance best friends I met on neo as well. I�ve had IRL friends that haven�t lasted nearly as long as some of my long distance forged in neopets friends.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rize View Post
    I was an avid roleplayer. I remember RP boards that had like 200+ replies and constantly needed a new continuation board with how active everyone was. After I finished all my homework, I'd just rush to get on because I was so invested in the plot and development. It was something I really looked forward to on Neopets. It definitely helped shaped me as a writer! I was so shocked to see how barren the RP boards are nowadays.
    If it was like back in the early 2000s we probably crossed paths. I�d run home from school and do my homework as quick as I could so I could hop on Neo and RP lol

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

Amparo (07-15-2020),Furina (07-15-2020),maya (07-16-2020)