DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4d 11h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i've always wanted a wall of bookshelves filled with books that i have read/plan on reading. i do have a lot of books i still need to read, but just find that i don't have much motivation to read them anymore? i love to read but just haven't felt in the mood if that makes sense. but i'd like to start reading more again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    9h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I used to be a bookworm back in highschool and gradeschool but university came along and reading just became non-essential because I had important readings (which yeah they were important but hot frick they melted my brain. I've been trying to get back into reading sadly most of my to-reads are in my apartment and I can't get to them so all I have are the books I brought/left behind at my rent's house; which kinda saddens me because I just bought a bunch of new books to read and I was looking forward to reading Kafka's works

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Same here!
    Been a bookworm as a kid and teenager, then real life hit me and I find myself not reading as often as before... or as often as I'd like to either.
    I did however grow fond of audiobooks lately and I suppose that counts as books "read"? Sure I didn't read them but by listening, I'm still getting access to the same content, except it's a lot faster for me.
    What I do is put it on 3x speed, it's a speed comfortable enough for me to understand and fast enough to force my brain to focus on what's being narrated.

Also, I realized my kind of book has now changed.
    I do still love fantasy, sci-fi, exploration stories but also recently started to enjoy literature classics and business-orientated books as well. Guess that's part of being an adult.

That being said, my reading goal is 1000 books per decade.
    I should probably start by making a list of what I've read the past decade though...
    In fact, I'm also even thinking of writing my own fantasy book at some point!
    Still only a distant dream though, and I might not even publish it after all, mostly a personal objective, something for myself