Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 2h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m

Book Reading Goals

Hi. I am a bookworm. I always have been through out childhood. Books are one of my favourite things. So I spend a lot of time reading...usually before corona threw a wench into everyones plans. But still, I love reading and I can't talk to people in my life about reading because we either don't read the same stuff or they don't read at all.

Does anyone else have a goals related to books?

I always have an amount I want to read. I've set it to 100 this year, but I am currently 8 books behind schedule. If I don't catch up by September/October, I will lower it. I don't take it too seriously (like it doesn't upset me I'm behind), but I do like to have an aim like that. I'm also trying to work on diversifying my reading a little bit.

Do you have any other goals? Such as genre goals, diverse reading goals, ratio goals etc. Do you have only long time goals or do you have a lot of short term goals? Or perhaps you have a mix.

I thought this could be a fun place where we cheer each other on and things like that. If I put a goal out there into the universe, I am more likely to stick it out.
    Last edited by Strangle; 07-09-2020 at 10:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strangle For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Wow! That's a lot of books a year.
    I'm not a reader, but I'm currently reading Harry Potter's and I'm currently at the 4th.
    My goal is to read them all and hopefully read some others this year, but last year I didn't read a single one :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    31d 5h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I feel kinda sad because I used to be in a massive bookworm in elementary/high school. I devoured our school libraries by lending pretty much 3-5 books every day and was a fast reader too.
    The librarian eventually knew me and didn't need me to scan books out anymore - since I would be bringing them back the next day C':

Nowadays though... much less. I don't think I've been able to sit down and finish a book properly in my 20s. Everything is medicine/science related and I'm in that weird niche of reading more childish fantasy books or classic literature.
    Hopefully I can set up a list and get through at least some books this year - the weather outside is particularly nice for reading this time of the year c:

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I've set goodreads goals the past couple of years and always ended up failing even with really modest goals like one book a month (or not even that). I like reading but it's rough for me for a few different reasons. Just finished book number four of the year and my first one since lockdown started.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    This is a cool idea!

Right now my only reading goal is to freakin' finish reading Dune. I was promised it's very good, I started it, and I keep forgetting to go back to it. I'm always in the middle of 80 things, I used to read all the time. Lately I only read when I'm bingeing through my favorite authors' latest release, then it's nothing until the next novel.

BTW -- You should go make an introduction post when you have time, @(you need an account to see links)!

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-11-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm floating in the same boat as everyone else it seems! Used to be a huge reader, finishing books I enjoyed in days. I'd love to get back into reading more and have a loose goal of reading a book a month. Just finished reading Where the Crawdads Sing and it was a slow start but worth making it through!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    Right now my only reading goal is to freakin' finish reading Dune. I was promised it's very good, I started it, and I keep forgetting to go back to it.
    This is the next book on my list! I just got it yesterday and have been told good things as well. I've stayed away from the movie trailer somehow so I have no idea what I'm getting into!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    100 books!! that's a lot! i hope you can read them all

i've got a goal of 24 books this year (2 per month) but... i'm only 3 books in.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I am trying to only read books by female authors for one whole year -- even better if they're BIPOC authors! If anyone has any under-the-radar suggestions, I'd love them. Historical fiction, fantasy, memoirs....nothing dystpian, we already live in a dystopian world, I don't need to read about it too lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I thought this is neopets book topic at first lol

I always keep a book by my bed but I feel guilty cause I'm not reading as much as I want to...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    17d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Wow! 100 books is too much to me, i try to read 1-2 per month.
    But i'm not reading a lot this year, and that makes me kinda sad :~
    when i was younger like 8-10 years ago i was an avid reader and i don't know why my book passion is gone
    maybe i just don't see book sagas (which i used to read) exciting no more