Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's one movie you can keep re-watching without getting bored of?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Wow, amazing recommendations from so many of y'all. Just added many titles to my list of movies-to-watch.

Personally LOTR was amazing but the build up was really long, I fell asleep 5 minutes into Fellowship of the Ring. But the Battle of Black Gate was amazingly well done.

Harry Potter is another classic for sure!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wreck4ge For This Useful Post:

omg.UFOs (07-08-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Pan's Labyrinth for sure! I could never get tired of that movie. I loved everything about it and if you haven't watched it and don't mind that it is in Spanish you definitely need to watch it!

It's a good mix of real world because of its setting but also super natural along with some fantasy! 10/10

If you like more of a comedy and can actually find the movie since it was not actually made into a DVD and it was taken off of YouTube for copyright because of IFC you need to watch Civil War on Drugs by Whitest Kids U' Know. They made all sorts of skits back in the day and that movie is just fantastic I think. It isn't suppose to be serious at all and sure the special effects are not amazing but the content is! I always love watching that lol
    Last edited by Dita; 07-09-2020 at 07:59 PM.

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

wreck4ge (07-09-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by kopiko View Post
    Inception was a really good movie! I actually watched it a few times as well, always mind-blowing.

I guess for it would be harry potter for me. Absolutely loved the series. Watching the actors grow up within the movie and maturing over the years was a fun sight as well.
    when i clicked the link I was sent to page 2 but i had a feeling someone would mention inception haha, great movie with a lot of things you can miss.

for me it's breaking bad, i know it's not movie and with over 60 episodes but the 2nd time is just different and good

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthbomber For This Useful Post:

wreck4ge (07-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    42d 7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Ooo, lurking for recommendations. Parasite is a great one, as already been mentioned. My go-to is Fantastic Mr. Fox, though. It's my favorite movie and it's just so charming and funny and I love sharing it with people.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Extraterrestrial For This Useful Post:

wreck4ge (07-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    Pan's Labyrinth for sure! I could never get tired of that movie. I loved everything about it and if you haven't watched it and don't mind that it is in Spanish you definitely need to watch it!

It's a good mix of real world because of its setting but also super natural along with some fantasy! 10/10

If you like more of a comedy and can actually find the movie since it was not actually made into a DVD and it was taken off of YouTube for copyright because of IFC you need to watch Civil War on Drugs by Whitest Kids U' Know. They made all sorts of skits back in the day and that movie is just fantastic I think. It isn't suppose to be serious at all and sure the special effects are not amazing but the content is! I always love watching that lol
    Pan's labyrinth is an interesting one for me, because I watched it with my ex, but only because she wanted to watch it. But she got so terrified I had to cover her eyes throughout the movie. Don't remember much from the movie other than that scene which frightened her LOL.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Extraterrestrial View Post
    Ooo, lurking for recommendations. Parasite is a great one, as already been mentioned. My go-to is Fantastic Mr. Fox, though. It's my favorite movie and it's just so charming and funny and I love sharing it with people.
    Oh yes I love Roald Dahl. I should check out the movies too!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by wreck4ge View Post
    Pan's labyrinth is an interesting one for me, because I watched it with my ex, but only because she wanted to watch it. But she got so terrified I had to cover her eyes throughout the movie. Don't remember much from the movie other than that scene which frightened her LOL.
    Oh gosh. I don't think it's even that scary honestly. Sure some parts have a bit of gore in it but not really scary. Maybe that's just me though! I would see if you can give it another shot but without having to bother with that c:

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

wreck4ge (07-10-2020)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Let The Right One In, the original Swedish version with subs. Quiet slow-paced romantic horror vampire movie set in Stockholm. Perfect movie.

(i have a number of others i could watch every month forever i.e. the lighthouse and the thing, but if i have to pick just one: ltroi all the way)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tulpa19 For This Useful Post:

Erik. (07-11-2020),wreck4ge (07-11-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Shrek. Not gonna lie, I will put that on at work.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldrif For This Useful Post:

wreck4ge (07-11-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    31d 5h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    A mishmash of series such as "Friends", "Sex and the City", "The Big Bang Theory" - I use these as background noise.
    Then there are the Ghibli films I absolutely adore, my favorite is Princess Mononoke - would strongly recommend if you haven't watched it yet!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Valia For This Useful Post:

wreck4ge (07-11-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    232 times
    Time Online
    95d 6h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Oof there's so many movies... I have a movie tradition with my little sister, once or twice every year we watch Beauty and The Beast or Lovely Bones, or Brother Bear, nostalgic movies that have a deeper meaning to us. The Great Gatsby with Leonardo DiCaprio too (a crush of both me and my sister LOL). Myself I love Kingdom of Heaven, seen it 10 times I think. When I'm sick I watch Land Before Time or All Dogs Go To Heaven, sometimes you just gotta relish in sadness. Like being homesick. But afterwards I always feel a bit better.

I've watched LOTR multiple times, but I try to stick to max. once a year, to keep it magical. Same with Inception, Interstellar and Nolan's Batman series.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amparo View Post
    I take full marathons of LOTR at least once a year, just to heal my soul;
    And the other movie that I really like to rewatch every time I have two hours to spare is Super 8; I coudn't tell exactly why, I just really enjoy it
    Exactly this! LOTR is truly healing

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Amparo (07-11-2020),wreck4ge (07-11-2020)