Thread: Back on Neo on a whim after years of inactivity, what should I be focusing on?

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Back on Neo on a whim after years of inactivity, what should I be focusing on?

^ exactly what it says on the title! decided to finally bite and get more active on here after a brief period of lurking.

i'm mostly on neo right now for stamp and avatar hunting since i've finished with decorating my pets. already almost finished up my item/pet/petpet/etc lends thanks to the generosity of the avatar chat, and i started up my premium sub again for those sweet sweet battledome nerks. also, sticky snowballs or something? i'm doing that too.

i'm not looking to put in more than an hour or two a day tops into this rn and i'm not exactly adverse to bots so i'm probably going to get into restocking again with a little help, wink wink n__n

any tips or things i should be doing aside from all that, though?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    19d 10h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    So far you seem to be doing a lot! Avatar hunting is an ongoing process, so if you're into that then keep pursuing it.

It also really depends what you're interested in. I returned last year and have been enjoying drawing my pets, working on characters for them, etc. So if you're inspired in that capacity I think it's a great way to step into a different creative space and take a break from real life projects, while still being productive.

Playing with CSS is also super fun and a good way to spend time, if you like things like that. Writing is another good option. You could aim for things like Userlookup of the Week, or getting your entries into the Neopian Times.

Honestly, I think what you're doing now has pretty much covered most of what I'd recommend! Putting a few hours max a day is a good approach so you don't get burnt out/bored. Charity Corner is supposedly starting soon(ish), so that will be another thing you can do~

hello i am frank i'm a cat now sike blub blub

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    ooh, thank you for the tip...i've never had a good head for coding but neopets seems like probably the most accessible possible way to pick it up?

and yeah that's a good idea wrt drawing pets more! i've been eyeing the beauty contest but was too shy to participate for a long time, but doing something lower-commitment like virtual pet drawings would probably be good for me hah (working on a graphic novel right now, could probably use a change of pace LOL)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    175 times
    Time Online
    244d 8h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    Welcome back to cK!

I too just came back from a long break from neopets. Dived right into it and spent wayyyyyy too much time on it. Just so happen that it is the time of the month where the HST is reset and I am rushing to get them new spiffy trophies!
    Other than the time spent playing games, I too try to restock with helps of various tools and bots. I prefer using userscripts and spend majority of my time tweaking them to my liking and preference.

I feel like it helps me feel that I'm not just playing neopets. I am doing so much more than that!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Well, the only thing I've been doing is trying to get avatars and betting on FC. I made 1.2m in the last two days betting, lol

So I'm slowly feeding kads, joining factions for the battleground avies, and trying a lot for the based on luck avies (even got the 'Grundo - Discarded Plushie' yesterday lol)

Depends on what you like... the ac boards helps a lot lending stuff.

I'm waiting for CC (if there's going to be charity corner this year) to get some game avies and help my chances with the luck based ones (so I'm also buying a lot of sticky snowballs =p)

Playing some games as well, I want to buy the books from the hidden tower for the avatars.

Edit: Also training my pets to beat the space faerie and buying faerie quest cookies to try to get a FFQ and paint a Buzz.
    Last edited by polarbear; 07-02-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    16d 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Welcome back!
    In addition to what others have said, Food Club is also great for earning NP. There's a lot of guides out there you can follow. It's a really small time commitment (just a few minutes every day to place your bets) with a really great return of NP.

Place Bets: (you need an account to see links)

Collect Winnings: (you need an account to see links)

Food Club Guide: (you need an account to see links)

Bets to Follow: (you need an account to see links) (the main ones that many people follow are Garet and Phoenix I believe)

Battledome is also good for earning NP (if you battle Koi Warrior, he gives out a lot of codestones and it's an easy 20-50k of NP a day). And participating in events for the avatars/trophies/prizes, like Charity Corner which will hopefully be coming up soon!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Welcome back and welcome to ck! I think you've covered most of the essentials if you're bored some of those contests that @(you need an account to see links) mentioned could be interesting. I've been trying out for the beauty contests as well, there aren't that many submissions honestly so there's a pretty good chance of winning.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Welcome to back to Neo and out of the shadows of cK!

I guess most things in Neo are ongoing.. and the longest lasting goals are usually customization, avatars and stamps since they're all the hardest to "achieve the end result". You seem to have gotten it all covered.. and after awhile neo just hits a snag where you're just doing dailies and then botting the rest of the day, hoping to get more avvies, make more money or just get good shit without doing anything.

That's how most people phase out. I derive a lot of pleasure from looking at my own lookup after making the perfect user/pet lookup and also slowly collecting trophies/avatars and stamps!

Hope you find more things to keep your journey on neo fun!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    19d 10h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by tulpa19 View Post
    ooh, thank you for the tip...i've never had a good head for coding but neopets seems like probably the most accessible possible way to pick it up?

and yeah that's a good idea wrt drawing pets more! i've been eyeing the beauty contest but was too shy to participate for a long time, but doing something lower-commitment like virtual pet drawings would probably be good for me hah (working on a graphic novel right now, could probably use a change of pace LOL)
    I think so! I mean, I'm not expert at CSS and Neo is my only exposure to it, but it's how I learned how to do basic stuff. It's good for casually learning it, I think.

Drawing your pets can actually be really inspiring, too! I find it helps when I'm in bit of an art slump. And definitely could be a good change of pace~

hello i am frank i'm a cat now sike blub blub