44/0
    Mentioned
    406 times
    Time Online
    122d 1h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepit View Post
    I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this game, these pets keep asking for shit I can't get and are all miserable and starving but you need tons of crap to make a few pissy omelets. I've played a bunch of these kinda farming and word building games and this definitely the worst pos I've ever encountered.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    Yeah as others have said it isn't very intuitive. I feel like the arbitrarily low inventory numbers for the base materials really make it frustrating. Only being able to hold 9 and then having to physically send your pets to mine resources doesn't help.
    never really send them out to gather unless i need one of the items that doesn't drop naturally :p
    All I did was leave the game open and scroll around a bit to collect the resources as they popped up.
    That way i could make enough omelettes and boxes easily to grind the game to the end. While doing this i was just doing other stuff (binge watching netflix on the pc for instance while having the game open on the phone or something like that).
    When you don't let your pets gather unless when absolutely needed to progress they remain happier as well. those standard dropping gems are great for boxes while the cutlass or whatever it's called that drops from the ship is great for power neggs. the seaweed and bamboo/webs are what i used mainly for omelettes.

I wanted the items as well but was all about getting them with minimal effort. of course took me longer this way but also with less frustration about bad game design for sure

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

chicago (09-14-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    17h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    never really send them out to gather unless i need one of the items that doesn't drop naturally :p
    All I did was leave the game open and scroll around a bit to collect the resources as they popped up.
    That way i could make enough omelettes and boxes easily to grind the game to the end. While doing this i was just doing other stuff (binge watching netflix on the pc for instance while having the game open on the phone or something like that).
    When you don't let your pets gather unless when absolutely needed to progress they remain happier as well. those standard dropping gems are great for boxes while the cutlass or whatever it's called that drops from the ship is great for power neggs. the seaweed and bamboo/webs are what i used mainly for omelettes.

I wanted the items as well but was all about getting them with minimal effort. of course took me longer this way but also with less frustration about bad game design for sure
    Ahh that makes sense, I actually thought the resources that popped up on the screen were a result of sending your pets to gather them. Nice to know I can play it a bit more passively then.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    406 times
    Time Online
    122d 1h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    Ahh that makes sense, I actually thought the resources that popped up on the screen were a result of sending your pets to gather them. Nice to know I can play it a bit more passively then.
    yeah, it's just the first of the resource available at any given gathering point that will pop up but it works out quite well for passive play.

the amenities will also give out happy neggs every once in a while which give a bit extra happiness.

bamboo and straw come up the fastest after that it's rock, seaweed and the web and closely followed by the magnet. the others take a bit longer (and straw and bamboo will have popped up a second time at least by then)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mario2302 For This Useful Post:

chicago (09-14-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    They've tinkered with the Happiness mechanism a few times (it used to be way harder believe it or not!) so they might still make changes to it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 20h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Im still waiting for my L&L and Ghoul Catcher prizes for playing the game lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    14h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Tbh I don't like it at all

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Still sitting here waiting for it to release on iOS... It feels like they've completely forgotten about us! I want to play the terrible game too lmao

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nimue For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (09-15-2020),motherfucker (09-15-2020),Werewolf (09-29-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yeah just looks like another minimal effort game, not sure why theyre so stuck on making these rather than actual useful or interesting apps

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Today, TNT have posted in the Island Builders beta Discord group that the closed beta for Island Builders will be ending on iOS later today:

Hello all, in anticipation for future updates. We will be ending iOS closed beta later today. We don’t have a concrete timeline for official launch on iOS, yet.

The upshot of this is that after today, Island Builders can no longer be played on iOS - however, it has been running an outdated build for several months in any case. This does not alter the current Open Beta on Android devices, which had another update yesterday fixing some more outstanding bugs. We'll keep you posted if there are any updates on an official launch for either platform.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    231 times
    Time Online
    95d 3h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuras View Post
    Today, TNT have posted in the Island Builders beta Discord group that the closed beta for Island Builders will be ending on iOS later today:

Hello all, in anticipation for future updates. We will be ending iOS closed beta later today. We don’t have a concrete timeline for official launch on iOS, yet.

The upshot of this is that after today, Island Builders can no longer be played on iOS - however, it has been running an outdated build for several months in any case. This does not alter the current Open Beta on Android devices, which had another update yesterday fixing some more outstanding bugs. We'll keep you posted if there are any updates on an official launch for either platform.
    Has TNT ever heard of timely announcements? /s

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord