Thread: Useful idea for instant sellers?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Useful idea for instant sellers?

So i had an idea yesterday and wondered if it would be any help, or worth implementing here.

For people who use instant delivery most sites operate a blacklist, or no trade list setting to block people from buying your items, The one i use (rocketr) you can block by email or i.p address. People who trade here can get the trade banned userbar etc when they are bad traders, but would it be possible/helpful to have a pinned thread for people who use the instant services to post the ip or email of people who are scamming etc on those sites?

A lot of them dont use the same email as the clraik account so there isnt a direct link.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Buy from someone with good iTrader feedback score. If someone is trade banned, they should not be posting any instant shop links anywhere anyways. If you have a concern, don't buy from someone. If you have a concern with instant shops, don't use them.

Regardless of being trade banned or not, the sharing of people's private information like email addresses and IP addresses is not cool.

This is Neopets.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Erik. (07-11-2020),Mama Bear (07-03-2020),Menine (07-04-2020),Mr. 49 (07-06-2020),Neal Caffrey (07-10-2020),Sakuras (08-22-2020),Spiffy (07-20-2020),Stardust (09-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by motherfucker View Post
    Buy from someone with good iTrader feedback score. If someone is trade banned, they should not be posting any instant shop links anywhere anyways. If you have a concern, don't buy from someone. If you have a concern with instant shops, don't use them.

Regardless of being trade banned or not, the sharing of people's private information like email addresses and IP addresses is not cool.

This is Neopets.
    I meant for sellers on the instant sites, like myself.

I havnt had any major issues or anything but for example if someone bought something from my autobuy link for a high price then charged me back, surely i should be able to link that to them here, if possible for the sake of not only my self but every one else here?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    435d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    That’s the risk when you have something like that. If you aren’t personally communicating with your buyers, then that takes away your ability to determine their authenticity. It’s a trade off. I’m sure some people might find it helpful though. It shouldn’t be an issue if somebody were to post something like that ����*♂️
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (07-03-2020),Natalie (08-26-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I'm mindful that staff haven't posted here to respond yet, but we have discussed it.

My personal opinion is that our advice is always to conduct trades through clraik. If you're leading people off-site instead to do this, then you run that risk of anyone finding and clicking your links. You could, if you had someone chargeback like that, reach out to us and ask us to check info against our userbase, but I don't feel it would be at all appropriate to dole out personal information to users, particularly (and please don't take this the wrong way) when many of them are newbies in our community. It's a slippery slope. Just like there was the "do not trade" list, it's hard to regulate the authenticity of such self-reported claims. That's why on-site trades have the dispute process. Off-site? Again, my opinion only - not representing staff by saying this - you're shit out of luck. That's the risk you run by not using the safety of our systems.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Bat (07-03-2020),Drizzy (07-04-2020),Menine (07-04-2020),motherfucker (07-03-2020),Natalie (08-26-2020),Neal Caffrey (07-10-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (07-03-2020),Stardust (09-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It was just something i thought about for the bigger sellers. Personally it wouldnt really benefit me as i only sell small time mostly. I would hate to be a big seller and lose hundreds though