27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m

Question Gaming Headset?

Hello! I would like some recommendations on good gaming headset. Preferably not overly expensive but ones that would be good for first person shooter, specifically Overwatch and works well in discord. My wife needs a new pair and I would like to get her some but have no idea what to even look for. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    157/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    88d 11h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Logitech g432 is pretty good in my opinion

(you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ked For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (06-29-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ked View Post
    Logitech g432 is pretty good in my opinion

(you need an account to see links)
    Thank you so much c: Those aren't too bad on price at all and have pretty good reviews by the looks of it.

Rista 11 17 2020
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Does your wife wear glasses? Some headsets may be less comfortable than others when users have glasses on.

What's your ideal budget? Inexpensive to one person isn't necessarily inexpensive to the next.

Wireless or wired, or is either fine?

Does she have any particular style of headphones she's liked or more particularly not liked before? For example she may or may not have ever had headphones that completely wrap around her entire ear, so a headset with earphones in that style would be a new experience (which could be good or bad!).

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-06-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    Does your wife wear glasses? Some headsets may be less comfortable than others when users have glasses on.

What's your ideal budget? Inexpensive to one person isn't necessarily inexpensive to the next.

Wireless or wired, or is either fine?

Does she have any particular style of headphones she's liked or more particularly not liked before? For example she may or may not have ever had headphones that completely wrap around her entire ear, so a headset with earphones in that style would be a new experience (which could be good or bad!).
    I was hoping anywhere like $50 to maybe over $100?

Wired is fine! That's what she is using currently and she hasn't said anything about it bothering her.

She does have glasses and seems to prefer the wrap around ear model with movable mic compared to like ear buds or something like that.

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xmilo View Post
    I have heard good reviews for steelseries arctis. You can search it up! They have wireless and non-wireless versions as well!
    Thank you so much I will check them out

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post
    I'm a slut for corsair products. My gaming mouse, mechanical keyboard and headset are all that brand. I also find corsair headsets to be on the affordable side vs some other ones and I've never had any issues with corsair headsets. I have the wireless HS70 and its like $70 bucks-ish.

I can also attest to it being comfortable for those with glasses but I definitely think @(you need an account to see links) has some good advice about looking into different features (:
    Of course after I make this board she mentions wanting to stay within the logitech line lol Thank you for the recommendation though! I may get her to try something new too lol

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    I've been rocking the Rig 400hx for a few months now and it's the best headset I've owned. Sound is crystal clear and I usually have to have the volume all the way up on my headsets to hear anything, but these I have to have them down about halfway because they're so loud. Bass isn't overpowering and Dolby atmos is dope. I dont know what they retail for, as I got mine for 36 bucks when I was a Best Buy employee, but they'd be worth 100 if that's what they cost.
    That does sound nice because she has volume issues right now with the headset she currently has. I'll look into them though. Thank you!

Rista 11 17 2020

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

Misha (07-06-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    242d 13h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    I have heard good reviews for steelseries arctis. You can search it up! They have wireless and non-wireless versions as well!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xmilo For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-06-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I'm a slut for corsair products. My gaming mouse, mechanical keyboard and headset are all that brand. I also find corsair headsets to be on the affordable side vs some other ones and I've never had any issues with corsair headsets. I have the wireless HS70 and its like $70 bucks-ish.

I can also attest to it being comfortable for those with glasses but I definitely think @(you need an account to see links) has some good advice about looking into different features (:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-06-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I've been rocking the Rig 400hx for a few months now and it's the best headset I've owned. Sound is crystal clear and I usually have to have the volume all the way up on my headsets to hear anything, but these I have to have them down about halfway because they're so loud. Bass isn't overpowering and Dolby atmos is dope. I dont know what they retail for, as I got mine for 36 bucks when I was a Best Buy employee, but they'd be worth 100 if that's what they cost.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-06-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    @(you need an account to see links)

My wife had Logitech G230 for many years before she wore them out. It looks like the Logitech G332 is a pretty natural upgrade from this.

We went to Steelseries Arctis last year, I'm not totally in love with them, but they are a LOT more expensive than Logitech.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (07-06-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Rig 400hx is the best. Buy and be hapiness.