Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interior decorating show off thread!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Interior decorating show off thread!

Just finished my room and I need to show it off on every possible avenue. I find my mood is like 40% tied to the space I�m in, so having this refuge in lockdown has been a big help. I�d love to see spaces you�re proud of too!

I just rent unfortunately so real renovations are out of the question, but I recently took over the master in my apartment and had a roommateless month so there was some time to transition in. Painted (it was beige before), built new shelves, bought a loveseat and some new stuff for the walls, and then a cool 2 months later I�m finally done putting away the last of the boxes lol. Long tour in spoiler!

Anyway now you all know me uncomfortably well via my space. This thread can be for some combination of similar show offy photo tours and general chat about what kind of stuff you�ve done - for example accent walls are my signature move at this point, but this was my first time trying any sort of mural. Oh or other ikea furniture hacks/repurposings! Mine was inspired by a (you need an account to see links) I follow - I used the 1x4 kallaxes and no dresser so hers is twice as tall but that was the idea. What kind of decor are you guys into? Indulge me!

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-20-2020),Bakugo (10-27-2020),Daffodil (11-01-2020),Digipoop (10-30-2020),♥ Dita ♥ (10-24-2020),dustyc (10-20-2020),Erik. (10-20-2020),Extraterrestrial (10-20-2020),Fiore (10-20-2020),Flordibel (10-20-2020),Furina (10-20-2020),Goten (10-30-2020),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (10-24-2020),Ice (10-20-2020),j03 (10-20-2020),kittyray (10-20-2020),lacroix (10-20-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (10-23-2020),Nyanobyte                      (10-20-2020),oxton (10-28-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (10-25-2020),Unown (10-20-2020),valora (11-01-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Aaaaah, your room is really cool! Love the color of the accent wall and all the books and the art/decor!

Maybe I'll actually clean my space up so I can share something.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Aaaaah, your room is really cool! Love the color of the accent wall and all the books and the art/decor!

Maybe I'll actually clean my space up so I can share something.
    Thanks! Definitely do it. If this thread ends up being a reason to clean up that’s even better haha - I should actually deal with the living room and post it too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

kittyray (10-20-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Thanks! Definitely do it. If this thread ends up being a reason to clean up that’s even better haha - I should actually deal with the living room and post it too.
    I gotta clean up a lot of it because building staff will be entering my apartment sometime next week to inspect the balcony, so I've been trying to do a little bit each day, just not so little that I undo it with other things.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-20-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    This is such a great idea for a thread! I like your space a lot. How do you get inspiration for your spaces? I'd love to redo mine, but I never know what to look for... like what IS my style, you know?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-20-2020)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Goals, man.... Absolutely stunning and gorgeous setup you got there. It's really inspiring and motivating (something that I needed today).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-20-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    937 times
    Time Online
    116d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    This is incredible and so inspired, I love how you up cycle things or just plain refit stuff to new uses. And the fact that the room probably doesn�t have that much floor space yet you�ve so tastefully crammed so much stuff in is pure wizardry! I�ve always loved watching hgtv and drooling over model homes but I sadly don�t have an interior decor tuned bone in my body. Thanks for sharing your space with us!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-20-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    93d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Aww man, I'm in awe of your dnd dice and Mucha paintings And I love that wallpaper colour, matches really well with the hangings and the sofa and cabinet.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-20-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Gorgeous setup!!! I love how you managed to use all the space and your decor is absolutely STUNNING! Is some of that art vintage?

We bought a house and have spent the last month and a half repainting, purchasing furniture, and generally making the space nice so I will definitely be popping by to also share our progress!

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Druid (10-20-2020),kittyray (10-20-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I gotta clean up a lot of it because building staff will be entering my apartment sometime next week to inspect the balcony, so I've been trying to do a little bit each day, just not so little that I undo it with other things.
    Haha I had the handyman in today and just kind of let him see the mess downstairs, this one corner has been a full pile of junk since my new roommate moved in. A couple things down there are nicer now, I painted some accent walls and he got a TV, but there’s a lot to put away. I also feel I should reiterate the last phase before my room was done, where it was almost finished but there were 3 boxes of shit on the floor, lasted over a month. Don’t follow my lead though, stick with the tidying plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    This is such a great idea for a thread! I like your space a lot. How do you get inspiration for your spaces? I'd love to redo mine, but I never know what to look for... like what IS my style, you know?
    Hmm honestly that’s hard to say! I’ve always had a pretty strong/consistent sense of what I like - classic stuff, leaning feminine but not too frilly/balanced out when it is, nothing newer than mid century modern, I have tons of plants which is itself a Look, I like to be surrounded by things that make me happy (like the books, dice, pictures on the wall etc) without getting toooooo cluttered, lots of sciencey nature stuff as decor (like bell jars and pinned butterflies).. I’m pretty indulgent with myself when it comes to details too, like those velvet shell pillows were stupid expensive but I love them and it was worth it. I guess I’d pay attention to what it is you find yourself wanting to splurge on, and what it is about it you like, and go from there? I definitely don’t think you have to find a cohesive style, I really like seeing eclectic/mismatched stuff - the thing that ties it together is it’s all stuff you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikorita View Post
    Goals, man.... Absolutely stunning and gorgeous setup you got there. It's really inspiring and motivating (something that I needed today).
    Thanks so much! I definitely support using that energy to do something with your space that makes you excited about it, even something small (browse wall colours? Order a cool print?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    This is incredible and so inspired, I love how you up cycle things or just plain refit stuff to new uses. And the fact that the room probably doesn’t have that much floor space yet you’ve so tastefully crammed so much stuff in is pure wizardry! I’ve always loved watching hgtv and drooling over model homes but I sadly don’t have an interior decor tuned bone in my body. Thanks for sharing your space with us!
    Oh man you should see my previous room. I’ll see if I can find pictures, I definitely took some. The window was to die for (the full length of the bed!) but it was SO small. The literal only place to sit was the bed, there wasn’t even room to have a stool at the vanity. My old roommate once came in and said “it looks like Howl’s Moving Castle in here.” This room is definitely still apartment sized but god it feels huge and luxurious in comparison. I can’t believe I have a desk AND a loveseat in here! And that’s all very flattering, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    Aww man, I'm in awe of your dnd dice and Mucha paintings And I love that wallpaper colour, matches really well with the hangings and the sofa and cabinet.
    Thank you! Those are two of my favourite things lol. I’m so glad this wall colour works too - in both my prior room here and my room in my last place I used the same paint colour, which was like a burnt red, and I liked it so much I was considering just doing it again but I’m really glad I switched to this teal. In general the blue area is my least favourite part of the colour wheel, but this worked out well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    Gorgeous setup!!! I love how you managed to use all the space and your decor is absolutely STUNNING! Is some of that art vintage?

We bought a house and have spent the last month and a half repainting, purchasing furniture, and generally making the space nice so I will definitely be popping by to also share our progress!
    Thank you! Hmm the frame with the butterflies is from a vintage shop and I assume it was put together in some prior decade lol. The little china plates beside it are vintage for sure, but with new decoupage of an eye and a heart added to them. The “gold” frames are all painted wood but still probably pretty old. The prints by the desk are physically new, but of paintings from the Art Nouveau era. There’s a wedding photo of my grandparents that arguably counts as vintage art haha. And a lot of the furniture is vintage! The desk was a big splurge, the wood top is newly added but I think it was for letter sorting (?). The chair I have with it is from a different store/era but also vintage. The loveseat is old af, and the vanity idk because it was found on the curb but it seems older too. Also the water bowl for my pets is a vintage crystal serving dish lmao. Some of the things are definitely meant to look vintage but are in fact pretty new - the zebra is by a local artist, and the bell jar on the dresser is from ikea

That’s so exciting! I dream of the day I can afford property haha. Can’t wait to see how yours is coming!
    Last edited by Druid; 10-20-2020 at 11:22 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Erik. (10-21-2020),Ice (10-20-2020),kittyray (10-20-2020),Koto (10-21-2020)