Thread: Best exercise/resistance band workouts with no anchor?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Best exercise/resistance band workouts with no anchor?

Hey guys!

My work outs at home right now aren't getting the same results now that I'm 3 months in. I've found some on the good ol' google that I'm interested in.

I'm wondering if any guys or gals, have any exercise band workouts they use for chest/triceps.
    Anything you all have seen give results?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I feel that with bands, it's hard to get a decent chest workout due to the size of the muscle. Usually I find that going through a variety of push up styles works best. For specifically triceps, maybe try doing dips? I used to do them off the side of my bed, but any solid platform will work fine.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    157/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    88d 11h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I don't have any resistance bands but I invested in some pushup bars for for that extra resistance. I've gotten some pretty good results with these and mixture of regular pushups and dips.
    Hope this helps .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin1991 View Post
    Hey guys!

My work outs at home right now aren't getting the same results now that I'm 3 months in. I've found some on the good ol' google that I'm interested in.

I'm wondering if any guys or gals, have any exercise band workouts they use for chest/triceps.
    Anything you all have seen give results?
    Is there a particular reason why you are limiting yourself to resistance bands? Here are some exercises you can do:

Chest: Pushups (could do it with weights or just regular pushups and try with different variations), chest press (with resistance bands)
    Tricep: tricep extension (with resistance band)

Regardless, like the others mentioned, pushups are amazing. Another thing to remember is you should do your back as well after doing chest or you'll have fucked up posture. I would recommend bent over rows with your resistance bands.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I guess it depends what you mean by "results". With bands you're not going to get a ton of appearance from them. It's going to be incredibly difficult to bulk from this--although you can definitely gain some long muscle strength! I'd use intuition to determine your exercise(make sure you're performing safe movements)!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Hi penguin commenting on this seeing as its been revived, if you're still around and need help let me know. I'm a PT

Your body will adapt to any repetitive movement after 4-6 weeks, so not seeing the same change after 3 months doesn't surprise me. You don't have to change what you're doing drastically but you do need to change some form of it e.g load (which will in turn change your rep range), tempo etc (but not both).

Pushups are one of the best body weight movements you can do and you can make this harder instantly by adding in pauses, pulses, slowing down the eccentric phase etc. You can also use your resistance band under your hips (but you need an anchor point for this) or across your back (hold the band in your palms) to make it harder without changing the tempo or adding weights. Hope this helps/gives you some ideas!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rio For This Useful Post:

Koto (02-03-2021)