Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your unpopular neopets opinions?

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 8h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Quote Originally Posted by hatpacket View Post
    I love mutants but I wish more of them looked more... mutated than they do. Mutant Zafaras are super weak. But that's probably not that unpopular of an opinion.

The only other unpopular opinion I can think of that I have is that I wish Neopets would delve into edgy territory more often. Colors like mutant, Darigan and Tyrannian are cool as hell. Old plot bosses like Monoceraptor and Rock Beast were actually pretty spooky-looking. I want more of that kind of stuff. The original mutant Chia was way better than the artichoke head we have now, and I fucking love this Tyrannian Buzz, which was scrapped:
    (you need an account to see links)
    Yoooo I had no idea this concept even existed (or rather, didn't exist? oh well). Pour one out for the cool colors that never were.
    Additionally, I wish the tyrannian color was more paleofauna inspired--most of the recent additions seem that way, but others like Scorchio and Nimmo are just Ugga Ugga Caveman Aesthetic.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

hatpacket (06-14-2020),Jessica (06-24-2020),sheli (06-14-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    (you need an account to see links) - Old thread with the same topic, if you're interested in 17 pages' of thoughts. Obviously don't gravedig though.

As I said on there, I hate customisation. I think it's stupid to waste real money on putting clothes on your Neopets.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (06-16-2020),cuddlypanda (06-14-2020),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (06-15-2020),♥ Guil ♥ (06-15-2020),maya (06-19-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-14-2020),Oshun (06-15-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (06-14-2020),Spohia (06-14-2020),TsUNaMy WaVe (06-14-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    (you need an account to see links) - Old thread with the same topic, if you're interested in 17 pages' of thoughts. Obviously don't gravedig though.

As I said on there, I hate customisation. I think it's stupid to waste real money on putting clothes on your Neopets.
    I second this. Never understood what's so fun or special about customization, it's pretty useless imo.

Idk if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but I think Go! Go! Go! is an amazing and very entertaining game. I wonder if it's also based on some real life game... but anyway it's super fun.

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    13d 16h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post

Oh yay, reading material for the rest of my shift, haha.

On the customization note, I think I said this already but 'dressing up' my pets isn't something I ever got. I love the backgrounds and environmental customization, but my neopets don't really wear clothes.

I also think its shitty that people think an account looks illegit just because the pets aren't customized. A lot of people 1. Don't enjoy it and 2. Dont want to spend money/np on it. That doesn't make them illegit.

o o f

Call me Soph

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spohia For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (06-24-2020),Jessica (06-24-2020),Mangle (06-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by hatpacket View Post
    I love mutants but I wish more of them looked more... mutated than they do. Mutant Zafaras are super weak. But that's probably not that unpopular of an opinion.

The only other unpopular opinion I can think of that I have is that I wish Neopets would delve into edgy territory more often. Colors like mutant, Darigan and Tyrannian are cool as hell. Old plot bosses like Monoceraptor and Rock Beast were actually pretty spooky-looking. I want more of that kind of stuff. The original mutant Chia was way better than the artichoke head we have now, and I fucking love this Tyrannian Buzz, which was scrapped:
    I love the older, edgier stuff the site had. There was some weird, wacky and gross stuff back in the day, and I liked that contrast with all the cute stuff. Case in point, the old mutant chia and kiko (couldn't find one without a water mark):

The original, unreleased mutant aisha was just disgusting, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    Idk if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but I think Go! Go! Go! is an amazing and very entertaining game. I wonder if it's also based on some real life game... but anyway it's super fun.
    It is! I don't know what the real name is, but me and my friends always called it Lucky Bastard, but apparently most people call it Shithead. I was so excited when my friends taught me how to play because I could finally get the trophy on neopets lmao
    Last edited by tox87; 06-14-2020 at 04:19 PM.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tox87 For This Useful Post:

hatpacket (06-14-2020),Houndoom (06-14-2020),Jessica (06-24-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-14-2020),Pringle (06-14-2020),sheli (06-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by tox87 View Post
    I love the older, edgier stuff the site had. There was some weird, wacky and gross stuff back in the day, and I liked that contrast with all the cute stuff. Case in point, the old mutant chia and kiko (couldn't find one without a water mark):

The original, unreleased mutant aisha was just disgusting, and I love it.

Yes! You understand me. I almost forgot about that Aisha - I actually like the current mutant Aisha a lot, too, but there's no denying the absolutely terrifying glory of that concept design. Mutants that go further off-model are great. NeoQuest had some cool enemies that I'd like to have seen replicated for player pets as well.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hatpacket For This Useful Post:

Jessica (06-24-2020),maya (06-19-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-14-2020),tox87 (06-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Oh, that Mutant Chia brings back memories.

Honestly, I'm also not too keen on customization. At least, when it comes to stuff you directly attach to your Neopet-- I love backgrounds and foregrounds, but clothes just seem.. weird? Wings are alright too, because everyone loves wings and they can add some flair where there wasn't before, but just putting clothes on non-anthropomorphic animals strikes me as odd. Especially on the quadrupeds like Eyries and Aishas and Chombies (Chombys?), it just looks weird. I'd rather have UC art than clothes. :p

Also jumping on the "I wish Mutants were more gnarly" train. I love body horror and monsters, and these really deliver.
    All of the post-customization Mutants are fantastic, like the Poogle and Pteri, those are delightfully funky and colorful (might actually get a Pteri as a permanent pet idk), but a lot of the pre-customization ones that haven't changed just... pale in comparison. I get it, they don't want to change the old stuff because it'd upset players, but can't the Mutant Grundo or Zafara get some funky facelifts? What about the Usul, can it go back to how it once was, so very long ago?

There's a lot of potential with colors like Mutant and Tyrannian and Maraquan, and I wish that older species could get revamped to be more Out There [tm] in that sense.

edit: did backreading, and YES to the Almost Abandoned Attic returning + ancient impossibly rare stamps being put back into circulation.
    While some stuff deserves to stay rare, elusive and collector-worthy, like one-of-a-kind items made for this reason or that, things like stamps should absolutely be brought back in some form or another. Keep them difficult to obtain just to preserve their value, but not impossible to get.
    Flight Rising did this with 2013 festival items by putting them into the on-site raffle feature, and Neopets doing something similar for stamps and other high-value ridiculous-rarity items could be great.

Also, more NP sinks please. The Hidden Tower already functions decently as one, especially since a lot of the weapons and items in there are great, but I'd like to see more of them? (The Lever of Doom doesn't count lol)
    Last edited by Star Dream; 06-14-2020 at 04:49 PM.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Star Dream For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (06-24-2020),hatpacket (06-14-2020),Jessica (06-24-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-14-2020),sheli (06-14-2020),Spohia (06-14-2020),tox87 (06-14-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Agreed on customization
    I've never been a fan of putting clothing or wigs on my pets. I do enjoy looking for different backgrounds, foregrounds and other miscellaneous things just never could get into clothing. Wings look pretty awful on most pets, wish there was more effort put into wings

YES! Big yes on making mutants more gnarly. I do adore what they have done with most mutants, but they really do need to revamp some of them. I adore mutants but you can see the difference in ones that an effort was made on or not.

The Zafara is awful

This is just boring

Just a beefier monkey

These two just feel like an extremely low effort was made

I do enjoy the mutant grundo though, makes me giggle whenever I see one

Then you see mutants like this and are like wtf TNT give me more like this
    Last edited by My name is Yoshikage Kira; 06-14-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Autobot (06-14-2020),Fabulous (06-14-2020),Goddammit (06-16-2020),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (06-15-2020),hatpacket (06-14-2020),Jessica (06-24-2020),Maelstra (06-16-2020),Oshun (06-15-2020),SpongeBob (06-14-2020),♥ Styx ♥ (06-16-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Dream View Post
    Oh, that Mutant Chia brings back memories.
    Also jumping on the "I wish Mutants were more gnarly" train. I love body horror and monsters, and these really deliver.
    All of the post-customization Mutants are fantastic, like the Poogle and Pteri, those are delightfully funky and colorful (might actually get a Pteri as a permanent pet idk), but a lot of the pre-customization ones that haven't changed just... pale in comparison. I get it, they don't want to change the old stuff because it'd upset players, but can't the Mutant Grundo or Zafara get some funky facelifts? What about the Usul, can it go back to how it once was, so very long ago?.
    Agreed, but I don't really have a problem with mutant Grundos, except that they are a bit simple to look at - I like the idea, but feel the concept was better executed with older art, specifically Sloth's Grundos.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    They're more defined, more threatening, and at times, more bestial in their visage - much better than the softer, almost teddy bearish mutant Grundos we have now. That meaner sort of depiction would make Gargarox a cooler, more interesting character as well, imo.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hatpacket For This Useful Post:

Jessica (06-24-2020),maya (06-19-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (06-14-2020),Oshun (06-15-2020),sheli (06-14-2020),tox87 (06-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmahr View Post
    Agreed! Just out of curiosity, how do you (and I guess everyone else) feel about mutie Draiks?
    Edit: sorry for the double-post