Thread: [Guide] Pokémon Go - Avoid Softbans by Calculating Cooldown!

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m

Lightbulb [Guide] Pokémon Go - Avoid Softbans by Calculating Cooldown!

It's relatively common knowledge that years ago when the game first came out you could break a softban by spinning Pokéstops 40+ times. Sadly, in more recent years that is no longer the case, and it's just easier overall to avoid being placed into a situation where you've been softbanned to begin with.

Through time and research, the spoofing community have discovered that certain actions place you on a small "cooldown" period when you teleport, spoof, or otherwise move from the position you did said action. What this means is during this period, you are unable to participate in other actions that would trigger another cooldown period until it has expired. If you're facing Pokémon that flee after a single Poké Ball has been thrown, Pokéstops giving you a "try again later" error, or you are being kicked from Gyms when attempting to raid or battle, then you are on cooldown.

The time you need to wait in between actions can be calculated based on the distance you travel or move in between actions:

Distance Traveled Cooldown Period
    1 km < 1 min
    2 km 1 min
    3 km 2 min
    5 km 3 min
    7 km 5 min
    9 km < 7 min
    10 km 7 min
    12 km 8 min
    18 km 10 min
    26 km 15 min
    42 km 20 min
    65 km 22 min
    76 km 25 min
    81 km 26 min
    100 km 35 min
    220 km 40 min
    250 km 45 min
    350 km 52 min
    375 km 54 min
    460 km 62 min
    500 km 65 min
    565 km 70 min
    700 km 78 min
    800 km 84 min
    900 km 92 min
    1000 km 99 min
    1100 km 107 min
    1200 km 115 min
    1300 km 117 min
    1350 km 2 hours

So with using the above chart as an example, if you caught a Pokémon at Point A, then spoofed or flew away 100 km to catch another Pokémon, you would need to wait about 35 minutes before you would be able to do so without being locked out of performing another action.

The following actions WILL trigger a cooldown:

• Catching a wild Pokémon
    • Dropping a Poké Ball on the encounter screen
    • A wild Pokémon fleeing from battle
    • Feeding a wild Pokémon a berry
    • Using a Gotcha or Virtual Go Plus to spin Pokéstops or catch Pokémon
    • Spinning Pokéstops
    • Placing a Pokémon in a gym
    • Feeding treats to a Pokémon defending a gym (While within range of the gym. Remote feeding does not have this effect.)
    • Battling in Gyms

The following actions WILL NOT trigger a cooldown:

• Teleporting/Spoofing to another location
    • Walking/Autowalking
    • Encountering wild Pokémon
    • Remote feeding Pokémon defending a gym
    • Obtaining a Raid Pass from a gym with an active raid
    • Using a Lure on a Pokéstop
    • Claiming weekly rewards (Adventure Sync, Research Breakthrough, etc)
    • Catching reward Pokémon from quests and research
    • Sending gifts to friends
    • Opening gifts from friends
    • Transferring Pokémon
    • Transferring Pokémon to Pokémon Home or to LGPE
    • Trading Pokémon
    • Powering Up a Pokémon
    • Evolving Pokémon
    • Taking Snapshots of a Pokémon
    • Photobomb Encounters
    • Swapping your buddy
    • Feeding your buddy
    • Playing with your buddy
    • Gaining buddy candies
    • Using items on a Pokémon (Potions, evolution items, rare candies, TMs, etc)
    • Using Lucky Eggs, Incense or Star Pieces
    • Discarding items from your bag
    • PvP (Player vs. Player) battles
    • Team Rocket Battles
    • Team Leader Battles
    • Using the shop to purchase Coins or other premium items

By knowing what actions cause cooldown and for how long, you are more easily able to avoid being softbanned and ultimately, locking yourself out of playing the game. Some people use the above rules to "snipe" Shiny Pokémon, 100% IV Pokémon, or other desirable specimens by teleporting or spoofing to their target and waiting on the encounter screen for their cooldown to expire before attempting to make the catch.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Android (08-09-2022),DarkSkies (07-21-2022),Ice (06-06-2022),Isao (06-06-2022),Kibba (07-20-2022),kittyray (06-24-2022),Mikal (06-25-2022),Teakwood (06-25-2022)

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Niantic is (supposedly) rolling out a new anti-cheat system. If there ends up being any changes to cooldowns or what triggers them I'll amend them in the guide above. Gonna take a few days to really see what they've done, if anything.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    So real talk, I didn't know spoofing was still viable, or that you even COULD do it. Nothing on bluestacks seems to work which was my plan. But I can't even get the APK going so I decided to just play legit, do you have any tips for any newbie spoofers? I legit got no idea what I am doing

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    245 times
    Time Online
    27d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    I used to use Pokemon Go++ but I was spoofing and walking so much that I wasted hours and hours playing the game.

Now that I have so many responsibilities I can just play a little. Maybe I'll start playing Go again soon
    I'll have this guide in my head! Thanks @(you need an account to see links)

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

♥ Rokon ♥ (07-20-2022),Synth Salazzle (07-20-2022)

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    So real talk, I didn't know spoofing was still viable, or that you even COULD do it. Nothing on bluestacks seems to work which was my plan. But I can't even get the APK going so I decided to just play legit, do you have any tips for any newbie spoofers? I legit got no idea what I am doing
    Spoofing via an emulator is a bad idea, as Niantic can detect it extremely easily. Basic theory is that every emulator uses the same mac address, so it's easy to just swoop everyone up and ban them all at once.

I would recommend getting a decent cheapie android phone or tablet (with GPS and gyro and at least 4GB of ram) and try out PGSharp. It's probably the easiest method to spoof with right now and it's generally the safest, as long as you obey cooldown rules and aren't teleporting around to do events in more than one timezone.

That said, "safe" is relative as well. I would not recommend spoofing on your main account, and would instead suggest you do so on a side or shell, and slowly trade anything of interest to your main instead. This way if you do get a strike, it's easy enough to just abandon the spoofed account and work your way back up with a new one while leaving your real account intact.

RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (07-20-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    Spoofing via an emulator is a bad idea, as Niantic can detect it extremely easily. Basic theory is that every emulator uses the same mac address, so it's easy to just swoop everyone up and ban them all at once.

I would recommend getting a decent cheapie android phone or tablet (with GPS and gyro and at least 4GB of ram) and try out PGSharp. It's probably the easiest method to spoof with right now and it's generally the safest, as long as you obey cooldown rules and aren't teleporting around to do events in more than one timezone.

That said, "safe" is relative as well. I would not recommend spoofing on your main account, and would instead suggest you do so on a side or shell, and slowly trade anything of interest to your main instead. This way if you do get a strike, it's easy enough to just abandon the spoofed account and work your way back up with a new one while leaving your real account intact.
    That might be viable, do I need to do anything to the phone like root it or anything? I don't know crap about phones which is why I was hoping for an emulator. Is there any specific cheaper phones you'd recommend?

I do plan to keep my main legit at least so that's a positive.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    That might be viable, do I need to do anything to the phone like root it or anything? I don't know crap about phones which is why I was hoping for an emulator. Is there any specific cheaper phones you'd recommend?

I do plan to keep my main legit at least so that's a positive.
    PGSharp works on its own without rooting, and that's why it's one of the easier and more accessible methods. It only works on Android, however, there is no working version of PGSharp for iOS if you decide to go that route.

If you're able to, you could try picking up a refurbished Pixel 3a from somewhere. It plays the game just fine despite being a bit older. Alternatively, try looking at some older model flagships as they might be relatively cheap compared to something newer as well. Just know that Niantic just recently dropped 32-bit support, as well as dropped support for Android 6.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (07-21-2022)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    PGSharp works on its own without rooting, and that's why it's one of the easier and more accessible methods. It only works on Android, however, there is no working version of PGSharp for iOS if you decide to go that route.

If you're able to, you could try picking up a refurbished Pixel 3a from somewhere. It plays the game just fine despite being a bit older. Alternatively, try looking at some older model flagships as they might be relatively cheap compared to something newer as well. Just know that Niantic just recently dropped 32-bit support, as well as dropped support for Android 6.
    My only phone is an android so an android based method would work best for me (Or PC but I fully understand why bluestacks is a bad idea with a matching mac address for so many players.) The only reason I am even interested in spoofing is I don't pay for a service on it I just use wifi and that's becoming boring and limited. Will I need to log out of my main for this? Is it a bad idea to use the same phone I played with my main on?

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    My only phone is an android so an android based method would work best for me (Or PC but I fully understand why bluestacks is a bad idea with a matching mac address for so many players.) The only reason I am even interested in spoofing is I don't pay for a service on it I just use wifi and that's becoming boring and limited. Will I need to log out of my main for this? Is it a bad idea to use the same phone I played with my main on?
    Having multiple accounts on one phone is fine, although it'll be a bit difficult to transfer any notable catches to yourself. In addition, because PGSharp is a modified client (if you go this route, anyway), you would need to avoid logging your main into it at all since should Niantic ever throw down a warning or ban hammer after detecting the app, just logging in once is enough to fall under that blanket.

It really is easiest and safest to try and get a cheap secondary phone to spoof on if at all possible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (07-21-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    I don't know how it is actually but back like 2 years ago roughly I played with many accounts on same devices (I even got a cheap iphone just por spoofing and advantages of coordinates), used my main but taking care of cooldowns. In all the time playing I got shadowbans and 2 accounts banned (lvl 40 when that was the max, it hurt but tbh I used to bot and they were the only affected). Something many said and I noticed back then, it's also about how much activity and money you put in your account.

My main was shadowbanned a couple of times, spoofing in more than one device but also was an active and ofc I was always buying coins (I have a problem with games and money...). Until today my account which I sold a lot of time ago it's still alive and I'm happy the buyer it's playing and having fun, the legacy continues <3

So I would say that as long as you spoof with calm, take care of your times, don't jump continuously (spend a good time in other country or wherever you wanna go) shouldn't be any problem. About using multiple accounts on one device I never had a problem in the past (especially when Xiaomi was having their dual apps on the mobiles and ppl was experimenting with that to play), but I don't know if Niantic has updated their security measures. So in this point I agree with @(you need an account to see links) to test with shells first.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

♥ Rokon ♥ (07-21-2022),Synth Salazzle (07-21-2022)