122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m

Getting villagers to move out

Need to get a villager out asap? Try this

First method
    This method does involve time traveling!
    This method is where a villager asks you to move out

Prerequisites to a villager asking to move out:
    You must have at least six villagers living on your island before one will ask to move out.
    15 days must have passed since the last villager moved out and freed up a plot.
    Five days must have passed since a villager has asked about moving.
    Villagers will also not ask to move if their house is being moved of if their birthday was in the last week
    They were the most recent villager who talked about moving out and you told them to stay.

Pick a start date, I personally start around the 15th of the following month.
    Talk to a couple of villagers excluding the one that you want to leave. I find not talking to all of them makes no difference
    If a villager does not have a bubble over their head save and time travel 1 day in the future
    Repeat until one of your villagers has the bubble indicating they want to move
    If it is not the villager you want to leave reset the game without initiating conversation or reset the game before telling them to stay to avoid the 5 day cooldown.

This method is time consuming, it appears to be random which villager will ask you to leave. Will update as more efficient methods are found

Method 2
    Campsite method, non amiibo

When a villager is in your campsite that you want to move in you can force another villager out

The campsite villager will ask to take the place of a random island resident
    As soon as the name appears if this is not the resident you want to leave press the home button on the switch and close the software. Do not let the dialogue finish, close the game right away.
    Reload the game and repeat until you get the resident that you want to leave.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Baelia (08-01-2020),Bani (10-09-2020),Cherubi (06-10-2020),Flordibel (06-10-2020),hex (01-13-2021),Koto (06-22-2020),pockycola (05-12-2021),Sakuras (08-06-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Another method that I was testing yesterday that seemed to work really well!!!

Skip to a day at least 15 days ahead

Make note of this date

Load into the game, save and quit

Skip 1 day ahead.

Check to see if any villagers have a bubble.

If they do have a bubble skip this next step

If the do not have a bubble keep skipping 1 day ahead until a villager has a bubble.

Once a villager has a bubble

Make note of the date (and time)

Save and close the game

Time travel back to your original date

Load, save and quit

Time travel to your noted bubble date

Doing this the bubble should move to a new villager when you reload that same date
    Occasionally the bubble will remain on the same villager but if you keep reloading it will move (found it can happen up to 3 times in a row)

Tested this about 25~ times and only 2 of those times a bubble did not appear.

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar