Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long have you been a fan of Animal Crossing?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Been playing since Wild World!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I started off with Wild World which I played for a few years. I skipped on City Folk and played ACNL for years as well. I also of course play ACNH but for some reason it just doesn't feel the same to me and I haven't played it as much as I would like. Sometimes I emulate the GC game and play it but after having such nice graphics on NL and NH it's kind of impossible to play, haha.

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I first came across Animal Crossing when it came out on the Gamecube. My childhood friend had the game and she and her entire family would play on their giant TV. I joined on their game first and really loved it, then later got my own and invited my friends into my little town to play. I still prefer the Gamecube version to all the others. Could never really get into New Leaf and that mobile version was despicable. The New Horizons is pretty cute and I do like how it is like an updated/modern version of the original. Lots of praise for it but I still prefer the original.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It hasn't actually been that long for me! ACNL was my first, and I wasn't able to get a 3DS immediately when it was at it's peak, so I was a little late even.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Not long for me, My fiance is a huge fan of the new leaf game. So we got a switch lite for new horizons, but he said its not as good as the old one. I also found myself getting bored of it very fast =(. It seems like you cant really interact with your neighbors much. I also dont pay for nintendo online so i cant buy house decorations fast like other people. I'm assuming that is the biggest draw of the game(house and town decorating)
    I thought it was really cute to setup the new villagers and build the bridges, but gets really dull after that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    113/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    9d 3h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Omg! I also went to blockbuster when I was younger to rent the game. I fell in love with it so much that my parents bought the game for me shortly after haha.
    Ever since then, I've been hooked on AC! I've taken a break from NH, but I'm sure I'll get back to it soon haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Oh man, my friend had the gamecube one when we were kids and I was OBSESSED. I fell in love with it, but I never got it. My actual first game was Wild World and I've had every game since then. I'm so hyped for the fall update! Pumpkin farming! I don't play every day so I've been very..veryyy... slowly moving all my houses to the beach so I can terraform my entire island. I have a rough plan for what I want to do but after the pumpkin farming reveal I have to replan for a garden area.

Also, those new glowy eyes? Love.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I've been playing since Wild World came out, I honestly didn't really know much about the game when I got it, and reading instructions was never really my thing, so it's funny to think back to some of the things I did in the game. But I've been playing every game since then (though I barely touched City Folk...) and been loving it!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm 32 and this is my first Animal Crossing! The Switch was my first Nintendo system since N64, though. ACNH is my favorite game right now, I haven't put it down since May.
    Last edited by k80; 10-15-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Oh wow I just realized there was an AC subforum! I have played every game since Wild World including Pocket Camp and Happy Home Designer (but not Amiibo Festival). I recently bought Population Growing for Gamecube, but it gave me a migraine, lol.

I put down ACNH a while ago because I felt overwhelmed about how I want to redesign my island, but I'm sure in a year or a few months or so I'll get seriously back into it.