DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I had a pretty good routine using a mix of indoor cycling and yoga, but I've been in a depressive slump the past week or so and can barely make myself move. I tried forcing myself to get those endorphins, but I just end up literally going through the motions, so I've been trying to find something that works for me in the meantime.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

aaronsd (05-31-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    7d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I had a pretty good routine using a mix of indoor cycling and yoga, but I've been in a depressive slump the past week or so and can barely make myself move. I tried forcing myself to get those endorphins, but I just end up literally going through the motions, so I've been trying to find something that works for me in the meantime.
    Wow indoor cycling and yoga, that's a great routine! I think it's completely OK to be a bit down right now, I completely understand what you mean by going through the motions , being couped up at home and dealing with the same stresses every day is too much. I just keep telling myself to keep doing as much of the little things as possible to keep myself busy and keep on going!

There is a challenge that work colleagues of mine roped me into doing over here. That's kept me sane, it's this push-up challenge thing! See if you can find some semi competitive online workout sort of thing, or anything else for that matter and see if you can form a group of people to do that

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aaronsd For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-31-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    oh that sounds like a good routine already for sure! I get ya tho....I'm distracted with a full time job (remote) and exercise and hobbies (like drawing), but I still periodically fall into a funk of no motivation or energy to do anything so that's definitely relatable. Hope you're able to find a routine that works for you!

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsd View Post
    Wow indoor cycling and yoga, that's a great routine! I think it's completely OK to be a bit down right now, I completely understand what you mean by going through the motions , being couped up at home and dealing with the same stresses every day is too much. I just keep telling myself to keep doing as much of the little things as possible to keep myself busy and keep on going!

There is a challenge that work colleagues of mine roped me into doing over here. That's kept me sane, it's this push-up challenge thing! See if you can find some semi competitive online workout sort of thing, or anything else for that matter and see if you can form a group of people to do that
    That's a good idea! My new years goal for 2020 was to work on my pull ups, but then gyms closed down and I don't think I'll be going to the gym for the rest of the year. I work at a university and I used the campus gym, but it's all closed now and Idk when it will open again so I gotta work on something else and push-ups is a great idea! I definitely need to work on those!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to linttastic For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-31-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 12h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Cardio and Body weight exercises (pushups, situps, squats etc..)

Im glad my gym is opening up next week so I can finally continue with my normal routine.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronsd View Post

I try not to get too directly competitive with this sort of thing because that can be bad for me and I'll push myself too hard, though sometimes I'm okay. I used to run outside a lot and I always took joy in my strava statistics even if it was something like "you were the the 133rd fastest time on this segment today". I've had enought health things and injuries that I know I'm not a point where I can rank high and it's just kind of endearing to myself to see where I'm at. I've also found a happy medium with gamifying things. My bike is actually a peloton and it keeps track of streaks and other badges, and the leaderboard feels kind of like strava and doesn't trigger those must-be-better/not-good-enough feelings.

I might do well to find a group challenge for something like stretching and being sure to get up periodically. My body is not happy that I spend most of the time in the same chair all day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

aaronsd (05-31-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    461 times
    Time Online
    69d 14h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I discovered (you need an account to see links) two months ago and honestly they've been a life saving thing to keep my mind off everything that's been going on.

Workouts range from low impact/medium difficulty to exhausting HIIT workouts and they usually don't require any equipment or even if they do they suggest solutions to adapt! Everything is entirely free and without ads so you couldn't ask for more!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maths For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-01-2020),linttastic (05-31-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Hey, I just dug this up in case anybody is in a similar boat to me. The original site I found it on seems to have closed, but from what I can tell this is a direct copy. I've found it helpful in the past and hoping it'll help me again now.

(you need an account to see links)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (06-08-2020),linttastic (05-31-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Maths View Post
    I discovered (you need an account to see links) two months ago and honestly they've been a life saving thing to keep my mind off everything that's been going on.

Workouts range from low impact/medium difficulty to exhausting HIIT workouts and they usually don't require any equipment or even if they do they suggest solutions to adapt! Everything is entirely free and without ads so you couldn't ask for more!
    Whoa!! Many thanks, my dude! I never heard of it, sounds like exactly what I need! And ad free!??!?!?! Say no more!!!

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Great resource! I'll take a look and pass it on to some friends too!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to linttastic For This Useful Post:

Maths (06-01-2020)

Chopper
    Pronouns
    she / her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Chloe has free workout programs ((you need an account to see links)).
    Personally I've tried her 2 weeks shred challenge but I gave up because of wrist pain (my core is too weak).

Now I'm alternating exercise videos from Jungdayeon, which I find is more beginner friendly ((you need an account to see links)).
    Her cardio targets arms, back and thighs.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    My new quarantine challenge is to improve my handstand, as inspired by the (you need an account to see links). Like I said I've been doing some yoga, and I always stick to the the beginner classes, so nothing that includes crow or scorpion, but I'm gonna maybe look at some videos that are like "Your first steps..." or whatever. Not expecting to make it super far before the art challenge ends, but I've got a lot of space as I move apartments, so...!

(andif anybody has and relevant videos or other materials to recommend, I'm all here for it)
    Last edited by kittyray; 06-15-2020 at 01:57 PM. Reason: fuckin' your/you're

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (06-15-2020)