Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Quarantine Fitness Routines??

I'm curious to know what you're doing (if anything) to stay fit and healthy during this time! I think I'm going to stay working remotely for the next 6 months so I want to figure out a solid routine to get fit. I don't have a home gym so I gotta see how creative I can get! Looking to get some motivation from you guys!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I've been alternating between K-Pop choreography and belly dancing routines. Just copying stuff from youtube, but varying it up to get different muscles activated.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    I've been alternating between K-Pop choreography and belly dancing routines. Just copying stuff from youtube, but varying it up to get different muscles activated.
    This made me smile too much. Where can I find such a K-Pop choreography video? I am very interested in giving it a go and laughing my ass off at my poor neighbors downstairs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Byte For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-31-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    Oh good idea. That definitely gotta be a tough workout! I don't have enough room to do that lol but I've tried some breakdancing tutorials from the Yak channel. It's really cool with all kinds of "street" style dance tutorials.

Dang, good on you with belly dancing too....that's gotta be h a r d! I'm trying to work my core more, but I've basically just tried the Chloe Ting challenge and fail every time lol

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

my neighbor upstairs torment me plenty with their stomps lol....as long as you dont do it in late hours, its ok, right? lol

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Byte View Post
    This made me smile too much. Where can I find such a K-Pop choreography video? I am very interested in giving it a go and laughing my ass off at my poor neighbors downstairs.
    Honestly, I just made a playlist of the dance practice videos posted by artists like Twice (my favourites) and copy along. Start out at watching the playback at a slower speed to get the moves, then work back up to normal pace.
    (you need an account to see links)

Quote Originally Posted by linttastic View Post
    Dang, good on you with belly dancing too....that's gotta be h a r d! I'm trying to work my core more, but I've basically just tried the Chloe Ting challenge and fail every time lol
    I'm not very good yet, but I'll get there. I started out really struggling to isolate my chest, but it gets easier with practice.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Lots of cardio to (hopefully) offset all the extra sitting I'm doing... there's a park a mile from my house with a nice .75 mile track going around that's usually pretty empty, and on rainy days I've got my treadmill. Got to keep moving somehow!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    We got a pull up/dip tower and sort of have been doing some body weight stuff, supplemented by random kettlebell exercises cause we have one. But mostly we have sat and gained 10 lbs each lol.

The dancing sounds WAY more fun though!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I recommend anything by AthleanX

lately he's been uploading more workouts for home, and his 6-pack shuffle core exercises can be done without equipment.
    If you have limited space but still can afford equipment I recommend powerblock, it's so convenient and easy to use/store!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bootiesrus For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-31-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Lots of cardio to (hopefully) offset all the extra sitting I'm doing... there's a park a mile from my house with a nice .75 mile track going around that's usually pretty empty, and on rainy days I've got my treadmill. Got to keep moving somehow!
    yeah there's a trail by where I live so I try to run, but it gets suuuuper hot where I live so if I don't get up to run around 5-6am, I'm screwed haha.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by doomly View Post
    We got a pull up/dip tower and sort of have been doing some body weight stuff, supplemented by random kettlebell exercises cause we have one. But mostly we have sat and gained 10 lbs each lol.

The dancing sounds WAY more fun though!
    Ah I've been trying to figure out if I invest in a pull up/dip tower or not! I only have resistance bands and 1 set of dumbbells that are getting light for me lol. Oh I feel that. I'm "good" during my work week since I'm busy doing my job, but on the weekend it all goes to hell for me hahaha

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bootiesrus View Post
    I recommend anything by AthleanX

lately he's been uploading more workouts for home, and his 6-pack shuffle core exercises can be done without equipment.
    If you have limited space but still can afford equipment I recommend powerblock, it's so convenient and easy to use/store!
    Oh yeah I've heard of him, but had not followed any of his training videos. I'll check it out!

I've never actually heard or seen a powerblock lol so I'll investigate. Thanks!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    333 times
    Time Online
    162d 3h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 48m
    Work out routine...

Leave the bed or the couch.
    Approximately 2 minutes of walking.
    Hunt for my next meal. (AKA ravish the refrigerator).
    Return to the bed or sofa.
    Hunt for the remote. And repeat.
    Some meals require a little more activity, like getting in the car or putting the ingredients together.
    (And sometimes I spice it up and head to the bathroom instead of hunting for food.)

I didn't say it was a good routine 

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (05-31-2020),richardscoot (06-01-2020)