Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Anyone else playing Mara again?

Looking at how inactive this forum is, I don't have high expectations here... Still, I can't be the only one who got back into Mara during quarantine!

I wish with all my heart that Neo was more like Mara. Even though Mara was ripped off of Neo, it's just done so much better in terms of keeping the site fun and interesting. I'm actually playing Mara on the level of how I played Neo when it was at its peak - i.e. I'm addicted at the moment and spend hours collecting avatars/stamps, earning MPs, doing quests, trading pets, restocking, leveling up my account, etc. It's SO MUCH FUN and I've even spent $20 on account upgrades, whereas I've never spent a penny on Neo premium/neocash.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    406 times
    Time Online
    121d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    to be honest i don't think i ever played marapets at all and don't have the time these days to do both mara and neo either so i'm afraid i won't start soon either.
    are there accountperks related to account age on mara that would warrant making an account just in case?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 15h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    There have been SO many updates on Marapets over the past two-ish years. I can make a whole list of all the beneficial things have been added. They�re also really good about taking suggestions - even minor ones - and including the options onsite. The coders are really good about that.

One of my favourite things is that no item is considered �invaluable�. Anything you put in your shop, you WILL sell. Quests ask for all sorts of items, and lots of people do quests.

They�ve also added a lot of great new games recently (I like the jigsaw game), updated much of their pet art, and added little things like quests that change your pet colour, random site-wide �weather� changes which affects daily activities and training, and items worthwhile to buy with irl money. OO:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I actually just started playing it last month! I was just bored and was looking for another pet site to distract me from boring work Zoom meetings lol. I don't get a lot of it and have just been slowly training my pet and getting them colored. I got lucky with some random events pretty quickly so that helped. There's a plot starting, it looks like, on June 1st so I wanna see what that's about!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to linttastic For This Useful Post:

Mario2302 (05-31-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    406 times
    Time Online
    121d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by linttastic View Post
    I actually just started playing it last month! I was just bored and was looking for another pet site to distract me from boring work Zoom meetings lol. I don't get a lot of it and have just been slowly training my pet and getting them colored. I got lucky with some random events pretty quickly so that helped. There's a plot starting, it looks like, on June 1st so I wanna see what that's about!
    that sounds interesting; but not sure i could combine it with the AC to be honest. won't hurt to just create an account i guess.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario2302 View Post
    that sounds interesting; but not sure i could combine it with the AC to be honest. won't hurt to just create an account i guess.
    Oh yeah Neopets is my priority and I'm gonna dedicate time to reach all-star this year, but I want to see how marapets does plots. It looks like it's a hogwarts/harry potter type of theme with the lord darigan equivalent hosting it or something like that

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 6h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Looking at how inactive this forum is, I don't have high expectations here... Still, I can't be the only one who got back into Mara during quarantine!

I wish with all my heart that Neo was more like Mara. Even though Mara was ripped off of Neo, it's just done so much better in terms of keeping the site fun and interesting. I'm actually playing Mara on the level of how I played Neo when it was at its peak - i.e. I'm addicted at the moment and spend hours collecting avatars/stamps, earning MPs, doing quests, trading pets, restocking, leveling up my account, etc. It's SO MUCH FUN and I've even spent $20 on account upgrades, whereas I've never spent a penny on Neo premium/neocash.
    i'VE BEEn playing marapets like crazy this year, it's so much fun! i totally agree with you, i've been spending so much more time there than neo! it's super fun

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ive really been enjoying marapets too
    Something about collecting things is much more satisfying.
    I wish the flash games were a little better though. They're super janky in my experience

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I started playing along time ago. When I first joined there was some glitch that allowed MASS produced items, I hoarded a lot of it in my Attic. Now its all worth 30mill - 100 mill each. I dont play very often, I didnt know they had an event going all harry potter style. I might try it, but since there isnt very many cK programs for Marapets it isnt really super important to me.

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m