DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    @(you need an account to see links) Well cared for slave x). Deluxe chicken coop with only organic feed. Fresh water daily and time outside of the coop too enjoy the yard.

If you eat eggs then yes it's consider growing your own food. They are kept in terrible cages the ones you get from the store and "free range" is a very lose term.

If you havent watched "Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken" you should check it out available on netflix. The poultry industry is disgusting sadly :/.

And if you eat chicken meat then you can raise your chickens to be eaten as well. With out food designed to make them grow so fast their hearts explode. Or that they get to heavy too quick that they can no longer walk.
    ^ the very essence of growing your own food.

Plants sound like slaves too in your scenario... you water and feed it nutrients. It takes CO2 out of the air to give you cleaner oxygen. It absorbs harmful sun radiation in a process that helps it grow. And then you take its Fruits or vegetables. To a chicken an egg is its reproduction element much like a fruit or a vegetable containing its seeds is to a plant.

** Full Sarcasm and Humor here **

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    77d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I have cats, where we live were really limited to certain animals I always dreamed of having chickens though!

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (06-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (06-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbidae View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Well cared for slave x). Deluxe chicken coop with only organic feed. Fresh water daily and time outside of the coop too enjoy the yard.

If you eat eggs then yes it's consider growing your own food. They are kept in terrible cages the ones you get from the store and "free range" is a very lose term.

If you havent watched "Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken" you should check it out available on netflix. The poultry industry is disgusting sadly :/.

And if you eat chicken meat then you can raise your chickens to be eaten as well. With out food designed to make them grow so fast their hearts explode. Or that they get to heavy too quick that they can no longer walk.
    ^ the very essence of growing your own food.

Plants sound like slaves too in your scenario... you water and feed it nutrients. It takes CO2 out of the air to give you cleaner oxygen. It absorbs harmful sun radiation in a process that helps it grow. And then you take its Fruits or vegetables. To a chicken an egg is its reproduction element much like a fruit or a vegetable containing its seeds is to a plant.

** Full Sarcasm and Humor here **
    I do hope it was sarcasm and humour about plants, since plants don't have a nervous systems, do not experience pain, and are not individuals.. raising a chicken to eat a chicken is kinda barbaric imo lol.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

all animal agriculture industries are disgusting, Ive seen super size me.. have you seen Earthlings or Dominion?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    @(you need an account to see links) I definitely will! We are only getting 4 chickens but I think it will be a great start. I made sure the coop that we got had more than enough square feet for 4 chickens. I'm really hoping I can get some polish chicken and buff orpington! I have always loved polish especially for those crest <3

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

Pidgey (06-08-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I definitely will! We are only getting 4 chickens but I think it will be a great start. I made sure the coop that we got had more than enough square feet for 4 chickens. I'm really hoping I can get some polish chicken and buff orpington! I have always loved polish especially for those crest <3
    3 of our chicks are buff orphingtons. X) super cute.

** Update on the baby Parrot-keet.

Indian Ringneck. Largest in the parakeet family but can learn up to 700 words x)

So its like almost a parrot x)

Just wants to snuggle

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

♡ Lyrichord ♡

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

bootiesrus (06-08-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (06-14-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Your birds are so beautiful, the babies are so cute!

These are my bird babies, Loki the Quaker parrot and Usagi the Rose-ringed parakeet.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    Loki is destructive and doesn't allow anyone to touch him except for myself and he likes to assert dominance in the cage.
    Usagi only likes mirrors as toys and though he doesn't defend himself from Loki, he will attack Loki when I am giving Loki
    attention! He is a jealous bird. Loki couldn't care less if I give Usagi attention.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usagi-sama For This Useful Post:

bootiesrus (06-09-2020),Pidgey (06-09-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi-sama View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Your birds are so beautiful, the babies are so cute!

These are my bird babies, Loki the Quaker parrot and Usagi the Rose-ringed parakeet.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    Loki is destructive and doesn't allow anyone to touch him except for myself and he likes to assert dominance in the cage.
    Usagi only likes mirrors as toys and though he doesn't defend himself from Loki, he will attack Loki when I am giving Loki
    attention! He is a jealous bird. Loki couldn't care less if I give Usagi attention.
    Omg they ate so cute. I can't wait until mine is full grown. But I'm going to appreciate this baby time x)

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

♡ Lyrichord ♡

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi-sama View Post

omg they are so cuuute D: I also love quaker parrots because they seem such grumpy little cuties.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) Quaker parrots from my experience are a one-person kind of bird. They bond to one person and are mean to everyone else.
    XD No matter how nice my family is to Loki he still tries his best to bite them. That is why he is known as the Little Demon Spawn.
    Usagi is gentle and is fine being held by everyone but doesn't like to be touched. He is a pretty bird for display only, no touching!

@(you need an account to see links) Loki fell out of his nest and the kids in the neighborhood brought him to me after the cats were trying to eat him.
    He was such a loving baby bird until he grew up lol Now he is the Demon King. I got Usagi as an adult, his previous owner passed away so
    I'm not sure how old he is but I'm guessing about 15 years? Maybe. Enjoy those little babies, they are adorable! <3