65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m

[GUIDE] Tips & Tricks for Legends and Letters

So this is just a summary of the information that I was able to find from many different places. (There're so limited!)

I'll give you a step by step from the beginning of the game. If you go through it this way, you can go through the game without spending money on it and ensure your heroes are strong AF so you can finish up the challenges easily. If you don't understand many things about the game you can always check the guide on JellyNeo because that's the most comprehensive.

Step 1: Get Vandy
    Pick the Vandagyre. Apparently they have the best balance of hp and damage so they're very stable throughout the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    If I may add something, even if you don't choose the Vandagyre for your first leader, it's still best to choose a blue element one. In order to ascend them to the max level you'll need two legendary heroes of the same element (blue in this case). If you look at the available legendary heroes, you'll see that there are two blue, two yellow and only one green and one red. So the chance to get a legendary hero with an ultimate summon token (this token gives the highest chance to get legendary hero and still the chance is only 40%) is much higher if you aim for blue. I have an Ixi for a leader (green) and I've bought I don't remember how many ultimate tokens, I've received quite a few blue legendary heroes, only one yellow and nothing green or red. My leader is 5 start, level 75 and I can't ascend him because of that. So blue leader is the way to go
    Step 2: Save Gems
    As you play through the game, you'll get gems. Do NOT fall for TNT's flirtacious customizing efforts and buy clothes - SAVE THEM FOR HEROES. The first thing you buy should be another Neopet Leader. This one can be anything you fancy. The reason being they will add more ENERGY so that you can farm more.

Step 3: Focus on Leader
    Push your 1st Neopet Leader to 4* max level first. So that'll be 4* level 40 and you'll need to make many little critters to help you ascend to 4*. Once you get to 4* max level it's going to be easy to farm in the game.

Step 4: Rewards
    Always always always finish your quests for the rewards - get your daily rewards, get your quest rewards and get your challenge rewards. They're free and they help you progress in the game greatly considering what little effort they require.

Step 5: Ultimate Summon Tokens
    Once you have your second leader, all your other gems should be saved for Ultimate Summon Tokens. You will need to start getting Legendary and Epic characters to join your team to help support you through the game.

Step 6: Monster Battle
    Always fight your monster battles and try to get as high as possible. Use up all your keys on the first day so that it'll regenerate throughout. It's possible to get to gold level without spending any money and I'll explain to you later in the bottom part of the post.

Step 7: Friends
    The easiest way to clear higher levels that you can't clear with your team is to have friends. Go to the Neoboards for L&L and find the thread that says "Buddy Codes". Go in and spam add everyone and hope that they'll accept you. Some of them are strong enough to solo-clear certain stages and they're available every ~8 hours for you to re-use.

Step 8: Mega Bonus
    Don't think about forming large, long words that consist of high star such as X, Y, V etc. But you can actually form Mega bonus words as well as have double power-ups. Take a look at this (you need an account to see links) for a better explanation.

So if you work toward these goals - you'll be able to get yourself in a position where you can keep farming for more things.

If you've played the game for a while, you should know that there are a few things that you will always desperately need:

1. Gold
    2. Gems
    3. Heroes

Gold and Gems will go hand in hand when you start getting into Lost Desert. You get the most gold from clearing new stages, and thereafter when you replay them you'll realize that those stages drop way less gold. But the main bulk comes when you start getting higher level cards from Maraqua onward. Those sell for a lot more gold than the ones you get in Krawk Island. Gold will come from selling cards that you do not require for leveling up/ascending after farming all those gems.

When you see gold or purple chests - those have a chance to get gems. Maraqua level 20 has a chance to drop gems, but it's not a lot. Lost Desert Hard level 20 drops gems almost all the time. This will be where you'll be spending most of your time farming for gems - and any cards that you get can be sold in bulk for gold to continue leveling up and ascending your team. With gems, you can continually buy more Ultimate Summon Tokens for more Legendary and Epic characters - ones that you don't have and the ones you need. The Epics that work really well in Lost Desert are Thogrins. Thogrins can be farmed in Maraqua - check the rare loots drops of each level to know where.

A good team to use to farm for gems for more Legendaries would be - Thogrins x 2, 1 Tank (Jacquest or Tomos or General Dacon), 1 Leader. Once you have 3 different legendaries you can use any of the legendaries you want.

Another good way of making fast progress in your game are Monster Battles. They appear every week and they give really good prizes. To beat them, you need to have a strong team (or strong friends), make lots of mega bonus words, and preferably have characters that have a stronger element over these monsters. It's basically a grindfest in the beginning so that you can have an easier time toward the end.

Here's the reason why I asked you to use up all your keys on the first day: they take time to regenerate. And since it won't be enough - you'll also have to spend gems to buy Key Packs to clear the monsters. It's worth it because you'll be getting gems back (180 gems for clearing all levels) AND materials and ascension stones to help you ascend your heroes.

Some legendaries of note
    Nuria (Fire) - Weak element in LD 20 so she'll be the main tank of the fight, allowing your lightning damagers (Hannah or Thogrin) to do some good damage.
    Garin (Lightning) - Strong element in LD 20 and Garin's a strong tank to hold off the fights.
    Caylis (Water) - Neutral element, strong damage, good health
    Hannah (Lightning) - Strong element in LD 20, good damage, good health. I can basically clear the second wave of LD Hard 20 with 5* Lightning Leader and 5* Hannah.

Basically, all Legendaries (lowest priority Scarblade) are trainable and are worth more than Epics. Your final goal would be to have 3 legendaries + your leader. After that, it's all about selecting the elements with advantage into your battles. Once you've cleared the last stage of LD, it's all about farming more characters to finish up your ***** because you'll be overpowered for Monster Battles and Crossover Challenges will be easy.

Altador will probably not get released with the retirement of the game by TNT - so that's it for the entire game!!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (05-30-2020),Evangelion (06-02-2020),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (07-03-2020),katongpool (06-04-2020),Mario2302 (05-29-2020),nousha (05-31-2020),Tyranitar (05-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    45/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    14d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    If I may add something, even if you don't choose the Vandagyre for your first leader, it's still best to choose a blue element one. In order to ascend them to the max level you'll need two legendary heroes of the same element (blue in this case). If you look at the available legendary heroes, you'll see that there are two blue, two yellow and only one green and one red. So the chance to get a legendary hero with an ultimate summon token (this token gives the highest chance to get legendary hero and still the chance is only 40%) is much higher if you aim for blue. I have an Ixi for a leader (green) and I've bought I don't remember how many ultimate tokens, I've received quite a few blue legendary heroes, only one yellow and nothing green or red. My leader is 5 start, level 75 and I can't ascend him because of that. So blue leader is the way to go

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nousha For This Useful Post:

Nimue (05-29-2020),Unown (05-29-2020)