DL/UL
    74/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    The kneeling officer is in custody. No word yet on actual charges. The other three accessories to the murder are still at large.

A single arrest in one incident does very little to combat the existence of an entire "justice" system that allows these things to continue happening. I will stand with, and defend these protesters (yes, including rioters ) until we hear a guilty verdict.

Even then, we will not stop until this pattern of Black bodies being murdered in cold blood ends.

Last edited by Caylen; 05-29-2020 at 01:17 PM. Reason: verbiage

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Useful Post:

Autobot (05-29-2020),Dot (05-30-2020),gjniev (05-29-2020),Mama Bear (05-29-2020),motherfucker (05-29-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-29-2020),Oshun (05-30-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    If anyone hasn't seen the pig the murdered George Floyd is now in custody but no mention on being charged so it's probably just for protective reasons. The other 3 that just watched the murder are still free.

It took 4 DAYS for the murderer to be arrested. A black journalist was arrested before the (former) officer was. That is the deep systematic racism that needs removal in the most violent of ways.
    All cops are bastards because we have allowed them to be with no repercussions for this long.

I stand with the rioters. Soo many peaceful protests have taken place before this, how many more people need to be murdered before action is taken? Before other people think that violent protest is okay?
    This is all necessary and has been building for decades. Looting is a profound form of protest against a system that values goods and services over human life.

Burn it to the ground Minneapolis, hit people where it actually hurts (money) when they have no value for human life

Last edited by My name is Yoshikage Kira; 05-29-2020 at 01:24 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Autobot (05-29-2020),Babaa (05-30-2020),Caylen (05-29-2020),gjniev (05-29-2020),helen (05-30-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbidae View Post
    The officer that knelt on his neck was just arrested.

Justice takes time. People want instant justice like how they see on TV in Law and Order. But the real world takes time.

Because you don't see immediate justice people feel they have to riot and kill people to get it, just blows my mind.
    *Cleaned and redacted some content as not to accuse anyone of anything.

The riots don't just represent this situation, but all situations.
    It's very apparent that a bigger change is required, not just for this case, but in general.

We can agree to disagree, and I do not hold anything against you, but there's a bigger problem here.

All of those officers involved should be arrested and tried, not just the officer who was the main one involved. The others should be deemed as accomplices/accessories for partaking and assisting. I am aware that justice takes time, but anyone who saw that video can tell the arrest should have been made much sooner. Regular civilians are often arrested upon suspicion. This man was taken down and killed upon a suspicion.

While I agree that protests and rioting might be counter productive, the more peaceful calls for action have been ignored.
    Last edited by motherfucker; 05-29-2020 at 02:08 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Babaa (05-30-2020),gjniev (05-29-2020),Goddammit (06-07-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-29-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Opinion Deleted.

I hope the man that was murdered in these riots finds justice too.

I think all involved should be held accountable for their actions or lack their of.

But to think these things happen immediately is just not realistic.

Killing people to push your agenda should not be excused.

I truly hope the officers that killed him gets whats coming.

Killing innocent people out of rage(these riots) is also unacceptable in my opinion.

Last edited by Pidgey; 05-29-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmahr View Post
    All cops are bastards because we have allowed them to be with no repercussions for this long.
    You've made some good points, but I must disagree with this broad and bold statement.
    Last edited by motherfucker; 05-29-2020 at 01:25 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

bootiesrus (05-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    74/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    He was charged with Third Degree Murder and Manslaughter.

That murder was intentional and it is clear as day. I may have nightmares of this hollow man blankly staring into a camera he knew was recording him as he put the weight of his body into the neck of this man, and grinding his face into the pavement while he drooled over himself, gasping for air...pleading, "I can't breathe..." , "Please."

The man was detained. He kept his knee on his neck.
    The man was belly-down on the ground. He kept his knee on his neck.
    The man was not resisting. He kept his knee on his neck.
    The man begged for his life. He kept his knee on his neck.
    The man went unconscious. He kept his knee on his neck.
    They checked his pulse, WHILE HE KEPT HIS KNEE ON HIS NECK.

That was, in the very least, Second Degree Murder.
    If you'd like to debate this officer's past misconduct claims (which they refused to prosecute), a good case could be made for Murder in the First Degree.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Caylen For This Useful Post:

Autobot (05-29-2020),Babaa (05-30-2020),Dot (05-30-2020),Mama Bear (05-29-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-29-2020),Oshun (05-30-2020),Pidgey (05-29-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (05-29-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by motherfucker View Post
    You've made some good points, but I must disagree with this broad and bold statement.
    We can agree to disagree for now because you are right, it is a exhausting argument to have lol Had this argument too many times in the last couple days

For everyone who wants to get involved and show support:
    Many cities are setting up protests throughout the weekend, please go out and make sure your voice is heard. Now is the time for us to stand together
    There are a few gofundmes out there collecting money to bail out protesters and to help locals in the Minneapolis area that are effected by looting get the essentials they need.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

motherfucker (05-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    74/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    All for which, mind you, over an alleged forgery of a check.
    During a global pandemic the likes of which the USA has not seen for over 100 years.
    During an unemployment rate of 20%. While American people are STARVING trying to continue to pay their bills with no income, very limited access to resources, and a President who babbles words sounding much like the English language.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylen View Post
    If you'd like to debate this officer's past misconduct claims (which they refused to prosecute), a good case could be made for Murder in the First Degree.
    This is an important point to remember too. There is a PATTERN of misconduct and/or racism every.single.time. something like this happens. Cops just get shuffled around and transferred rather than pulled from the force. I believe John Oliver did a really great segment on police accountability almost four years ago,
    I too stand with the protesters. Protests never start out this way. They are righteously and rightfully angry and expressing those emotions in the best way they see fit - and frankly, in the only way that seems to get attention. What should they do instead, take a peaceful knee at a football game? I also take issue with people condemning the protesters for ruining their city and their neighborhoods. I remember in 2015 when Freddie Gray was murdered, protesters lit a CVS on fire and then punctured firefighters hoses so they couldn't put it out. And the internet CRIED for this corporation and how could these people do that to their own people and neighborhoods. Turns out, that CVS didn't employ a single person from the surrounding area, had a primarily white staff, and regularly followed their black and brown customers around the store. I think about that story often, especially at times like this.

I feel hypocritical as I sit safely behind my computer screen shouting into a void (though I do think having these conversations and sharing this info is important). I am luckily privileged enough to be an activist with my wallet. If anyone is interested and able, consider donating to the Minnesota Freedom Fund. They're a small local non profit, boots on the ground, actively working right now to get protesters out of jail. Your money will directly go to those who need it most (I'll save my rant on large nonprofits like the Red Cross for another thread) (you need an account to see links)

As for Trump - rule with chaos and you rule over chaos. He is a literal blockbuster movie level villain.
    Last edited by LibraryFaerie; 05-29-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add spoiler tags

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Babaa (05-30-2020),Dot (05-30-2020),Goddammit (06-07-2020),Mama Bear (05-29-2020),motherfucker (05-29-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-29-2020),Oshun (05-30-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
    This is an important point to remember too. There is a PATTERN of misconduct and/or racism every.single.time. something like this happens. Cops just get shuffled around and transferred rather than pulled from the force. I believe John Oliver did a really great segment on police accountability almost four years ago,
    I too stand with the protesters. Protests never start out this way. They are righteously and rightfully angry and expressing those emotions in the best way they see fit - and frankly, in the only way that seems to get attention. What should they do instead, take a peaceful knee at a football game? I also take issue with people condemning the protesters for ruining their city and their neighborhoods. I remember in 2015 when Freddie Gray was murdered, protesters lit a CVS on fire and then punctured firefighters hoses so they couldn't put it out. And the internet CRIED for this corporation and how could these people do that to their own people and neighborhoods. Turns out, that CVS didn't employ a single person from the surrounding area, had a primarily white staff, and regularly followed their black and brown customers around the store. I think about that story often, especially at times like this.

I feel hypocritical as I sit safely behind my computer screen shouting into a void (though I do think having these conversations and sharing this info is important). I am luckily privileged enough to be an activist with my wallet. If anyone is interested and able, consider donating to the Minnesota Freedom Fund. They're a small local non profit, boots on the ground, actively working right now to get protesters out of jail. Your money will directly go to those who need it most (I'll save my rant on large nonprofits like the Red Cross for another thread) (you need an account to see links)

As for Trump - rule with chaos and you rule over chaos. He is a literal blockbuster movie level villain.
    Thank you for posting the link! Feeling that myself which is why I'm gonna get involved with my wallet and will attend any protest going on in my area to show support. There has to be more that can be done so this is not over looked like every other time
    The target that was looted was also refusing to sell supplies to the protesters or milk to help get fuckin tear gas out of their eyes. That target was also sending funds to the police so looting it was a way to ensure the police were not profiting any further.

He was charged with Third Degree Murder and Manslaughter.

That murder was intentional and it is clear as day. I may have nightmares of this hollow man blankly staring into a camera he knew was recording him as he put the weight of his body into the neck of this man, and grinding his face into the pavement while he drooled over himself, gasping for air...pleading, "I can't breathe..." , "Please."

The man was detained. He kept his knee on his neck.
    The man was belly-down on the ground. He kept his knee on his neck.
    The man was not resisting. He kept his knee on his neck.
    The man begged for his life. He kept his knee on his neck.
    The man went unconscious. He kept his knee on his neck.
    They checked his pulse, WHILE HE KEPT HIS KNEE ON HIS NECK.

That was, in the very least, Second Degree Murder.
    It makes my blood boil to see that it's only third degree murder, even with his violent history, but I'm sure it was done that way so the charge actually sticks.
    For first degree they'd have to prove intent to kill or premeditation.
    Second Degree Murder is how I'd personally classify it since that video shows his disregard for life.
    However with him being a police officer he could always use the defense of "I was scared for my life" (even if there is no evidence of that) and people would probably eat that defense right up.

As much as I hate our prison system, it would be nice to see any amount of justice done even if I don't agree with what the charge should of been. Most people never get any amount of justice
    Last edited by My name is Yoshikage Kira; 05-29-2020 at 02:35 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

LibraryFaerie (05-29-2020),motherfucker (05-29-2020)