52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m

Plot Chat

Did you like plots? What was your favourite plot and/or favourite prize you've received from a plot?

I'm kicking myself in the butt because I didnt hear about plots when I was active on Neo and when they actually had them happening. I only ever participated in the Altador/Dark Faerie plot that's still going on.
    I enjoyed it alot and wish TNT would release a new one.. I'd even be OK if they re-opened some of the older plots so I can get those pesky avatars!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Plots are one of the best things about the site imo, or at least they were. My top three (in no particular order) would probably be Tyrannian Invasion, Neopet V2, and Brucey B and the Lucky Coin. With an honorable mention for Champions of Meridell. I just love when old TNT went off the rails with bad guys, like the Monoceraptor, the Rock Beast and Spectre of Lord Darigan. Garoo and Galgarroth were cool as shit too.
    I missed some of the biggies, though, like Hannah and the Ice Caves and The Faeries' Ruin, and a lot of people speak highly of those. I came in around the time of the Ski Lodge murder mystery, and at the time, being a kid, it was weird and mysterious to me. I wish I had been older at the time because it seems like it would have been a hoot.
    I agree it'd be nice if we got some replays of old plots but there are so many reasons that would never happen (and definitely wouldn't happen smoothly) that it kind of sucks to think about.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hatpacket For This Useful Post:

Caylen (05-28-2020),helen (05-29-2020),Tenko (05-28-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by hatpacket View Post
    Plots are one of the best things about the site imo, or at least they were. My top three (in no particular order) would probably be Tyrannian Invasion, Neopet V2, and Brucey B and the Lucky Coin. With an honorable mention for Champions of Meridell. I just love when old TNT went off the rails with bad guys, like the Monoceraptor, the Rock Beast and Spectre of Lord Darigan. Garoo and Galgarroth were cool as shit too.
    I missed some of the biggies, though, like Hannah and the Ice Caves and The Faeries' Ruin, and a lot of people speak highly of those. I came in around the time of the Ski Lodge murder mystery, and at the time, being a kid, it was weird and mysterious to me. I wish I had been older at the time because it seems like it would have been a hoot.
    I agree it'd be nice if we got some replays of old plots but there are so many reasons that would never happen (and definitely wouldn't happen smoothly) that it kind of sucks to think about.
    Agree. Its also not fair to those players who actually did the plots during the time they were active and received all those goodies/special avvies. Kinda devaluing.

I wonder if TNT will ever make another plot. Not sure how invested the team is now vs how they were when we were younger. I feel like a lot more was going on back then.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    By far, the best plot I've participated was the Lost Desert one...Man, that one was so intelligent, full of stuff.

I regret myself because I didnt had a decent PC/internet at the time, so I didnt finished it fully, but the maze one was fun. I even drawed all the doors in a book. Had all the steps.

But also, the best war I've participated was the Maraquan. Unfortunately I didnt had a decent pet to battle at the time, so I didnt made much points. And I wish I wasnt noob enough to participate into the Darigan plot.

Miss those times...Now, all that TNT cares are those damn wereables, NC stuff customizable sh**

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by nattiee View Post
    I wonder if TNT will ever make another plot. Not sure how invested the team is now vs how they were when we were younger. I feel like a lot more was going on back then.
    It really goes without saying that more was going on back then - it's as much a fact as water being wet, no offense of course - but while I respect the attempt that was The Wraith Resurgence, and to a lesser extent Lyra and the Lost Heirloom, (and to a much lesser extent, the whole Sakhmet coup thing), I'd rather have no plots for a long time if it means getting one out that's decent. The best of those three was TWR, imo. It wasn't a bad effort for JS's first plot. But it was incredibly buggy and had a lot of unfairly missable rewards. After TWR, the subsequent plots just got worse. The writing in LatLH made me cringe so hard I almost threw my back out, and it was even buggier than TWR. If JSTNT intend to do another plot, I hope they make it a big deal and don't half-ass it, but I realize the irony of that statement even as I say it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by hatpacket View Post
    It really goes without saying that more was going on back then - it's as much a fact as water being wet, no offense of course - but while I respect the attempt that was The Wraith Resurgence, and to a lesser extent Lyra and the Lost Heirloom, (and to a much lesser extent, the whole Sakhmet coup thing), I'd rather have no plots for a long time if it means getting one out that's decent. The best of those three was TWR, imo. It wasn't a bad effort for JS's first plot. But it was incredibly buggy and had a lot of unfairly missable rewards. After TWR, the subsequent plots just got worse. The writing in LatLH made me cringe so hard I almost threw my back out, and it was even buggier than TWR. If JSTNT intend to do another plot, I hope they make it a big deal and don't half-ass it, but I realize the irony of that statement even as I say it.
    I agree with this, however I really don't think it is likely we will ever get a decent plot again. Look at how long the BD has been left unfinished. It would be great to have a cross between a BD and problem solving plot! Or a new version of the Altador plot

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabadguy View Post
    I agree with this, however I really don't think it is likely we will ever get a decent plot again. Look at how long the BD has been left unfinished. It would be great to have a cross between a BD and problem solving plot! Or a new version of the Altador plot
    Im kind of cheesed about the BD stuff. On one of my previous returns to Neopets I got into Defenders of Neopia but now it's not compatible or whatever. Boourns.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabadguy View Post
    Yeah it would be nice, those were some of the funnest plots. But until there's a BD fix, I don't think we'll see anything more than what was done with TWR.

Quote Originally Posted by nattiee View Post
    Im kind of cheesed about the BD stuff. On one of my previous returns to Neopets I got into Defenders of Neopia but now it's not compatible or whatever. Boourns.
    Tell me about it. It's been eight years since this stuff was functioning properly, and many people (myself included) have wanted both back the whole time. We'll see what happens after the conversion, because I think it's completely off the table for JS until that's finished. If they don't botch the conversion and kill the site entirely, then maybe they will reconsider these fixes - but I doubt it. It's been one excuse after another since they bought the site. Another plot seems likely, eventually - though again, if it's anything like LatLH, it won't be anything special.

"I was saying boourns..."

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I was too young to be able to really care about the plots when they were doing them regularly (I think I was like 3-5th grade).... Just too "lazy" or too "nooby" even though I played every day. Then as I got older they just happened start when I wasn't actively playing neopets, and I didn't find out until after they were over. I'm such an "on off on off" player, I basically only do dailies and check my stocks at this point lol. And only because I'm procrastinating on doing my schoolwork.

I haven't participated in a single plot, even the altador one is unfinished on my account

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    88d 23h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I really envey the people with the wizard avatar. I would have loved to take part in that plot and get it