65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m

Private Habitarium Server?

I really miss Habi and have been searching for something along the lines that have similar features and graphics but I haven't been able to find something to fill that void.

Is there a chance someone out there has the source code or is able to connect it to a separate server that allows it to run?

I'm not good with programming so I'm not too sure how it works - but I have made habbo private servers in the past by running the source code and using my network as a server that users could connect to and play with me.

I'm just looking for a standalone habi - shouldn't we be able to play it privately as long as we have the source code?

Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

Wish someone could make an app out of it. I'd play the shit out of that D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    6d 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    If we had the source code then we could very well emulate it but as far as I'm aware we do not.

I'm not sure what the case is in regards to Habbo but it's very likely that somebody has actually written the backend from the ground up, unless there was a leak I'm not aware of?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pug For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (05-28-2020),Unown (05-24-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    If we had the source code then we could very well emulate it but as far as I'm aware we do not.

I'm not sure what the case is in regards to Habbo but it's very likely that somebody has actually written the backend from the ground up, unless there was a leak I'm not aware of?
    Ah damn.. I see.

I guess nobody really expected habi to get scrapped so I guess nobody bothered to copy it.

Didn't have a need to have a private standalone either since there was nothing to gain exclusively from the game.

For Habbo, I believe you can just rip the index right off - and there were many people making mini private servers and allowing connection over hamachi.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    The Habitarium Flash files are still available to be downloaded if you know where to look for them. If you were particularly ambitious, then you could decompile them and reverse engineer server communication bits in order to recreate the experience.

In the mean time, (you need an account to see links).

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Flordibel (05-25-2020),hiddenblink (05-26-2020),Ice (12-19-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-28-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (05-24-2020),Synth Salazzle (05-28-2020),Unown (05-25-2020)

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    The Habitarium Flash files are still available to be downloaded if you know where to look for them. If you were particularly ambitious, then you could decompile them and reverse engineer server communication bits in order to recreate the experience.

Fight Down and Fight Right looks like its dancing. Fight Up looks like its Fist Pumping

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post

Hahahaha I have 0 knowledge in that.

If you were to tell me to copy the source code and just run a server I could do that.

Wish I learned how to code when I was younger D: