Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Time Online
    35 d 23 h 26 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 13 m
    I've not read any back of the past answer because I'm still watching it and maybe I'd get spoiled from someone answer

Spoiler Alert for anyone who has started or is still watching the documentary

SoCal
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 Times in 349 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Time Online
    30 d 2 h 35 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 11 m
    Joe is absolutely 100% batshit crazy and I'm ashamed that's why I liked the show. He's a trainwreck of a human being and the amount of drama that stems from him, his friends, workers, enemies and the drama that branches from there.... If there's anybody here that hasn't seen it trust me, you're in for a wild ride. They're all nuts on the same sundae.

I also love me a good missing persons/murder mystery and the one thing I can't get off my mind is what happened to Carole's husband. I believe she did it, directly or indirectly.

Katie

Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,645 Times in 1,812 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Time Online
    154 d 16 h 12 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 49 m
    The key word underpinning its popularity is schadenfreude. Watching these ridiculously trashy, over-the-top people make us feel better about our own lives. Lost your job due to corona? At least you didn't kill your husband (unlike Carol Baskin). At least your arm didn't get ripped off and you just went back to work the same week. At least you weren't a straight teen boy lured in by meth. At least you aren't in a harem just to pet some kitties.

Joe completely deserves to be in gaol. A majority of the key players in the show do, but he was edited in a way that made him more entertaining, thus more likeable. He gave so little fucks what people thought, and that earns him major props. He's the sort of person who lives in the quicksave-quickload universe - saying and doing outrageous things because he can always undo the consequences later - but forgets about the quickload function. He just does it. He shit-stirs his enemy the way we want to ours, but know that polite society tells us we can't.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Oshun (3 Days Ago),wildnova (5 Days Ago)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 323 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Time Online
    41 d 15 h 31 m
    Avg. Time Online
    24 m
    Did someone say Tiger King :eyes:

Joe is bat shit crazy, I admire his not giving a fuck attitude but he's still a piece of shit for harming those animals.
    That bitch Carol Baskin killed her husband. Just saw a interesting article yesterday that the signature on her husband's will was forged. Would like to see how this case develops, but I doubt it's gonna go too much further without a body or crime scene.

PDX
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 d 6 h 5 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    I fucking loved tiger king. I really do enjoy the docu-style netflix does.
    I watched don't fuck with cats- and the way netflix directors throw you for loops is just amazing honestly, altho tbh that documentary missed a lot of important details, actually didn't include some of the more fucked up stuff, had heavy biases, and had some other issues so I imagine the same thing goes for "tiger king". I'm just not invested enough to do research to see how skewed the tiger king series was.

My take:
    Joe is a shit person, but it's hard to hate him because he's so fucking quirky and loveable at the same time.
    Saff is daddy tbh
    Antle is running a god damn cult and that's gotta be looked into, man, he be doing some freaky ass shit
    Howard is a simp
    Carole is a karen, fuck her idc how biased this show was against her, every person I know that is like her are the worst people that are the best at getting what they want
    Rick is freddy krueger and you can't convince me otherwise

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruzzeh For This Useful Post:

Nachtmahr (3 Days Ago),Oshun (3 Days Ago)

Rotterdam
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 449 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Time Online
    26 d 7 h 59 m
    Avg. Time Online
    54 m
    Probably an unpopular opinion and sorry for ranting, but they were all assholes, and I don't know why anyone could enjoy a show where you see animals living in horrible conditions all the time, or why anyone would idolize Joe when he's a fucking animal abuser and a lowlife criminal with a God complex. There was a scene with 20/30 tigers in such a small cage that when they were fed they looked like a giant striped wave. How fucked up is that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Lolaloveloki (3 Days Ago)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12