27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m

Tiger King Anyone?

Anyone here who watched Tiger King? If so I would love to hear your thoughts on everything!

Honestly I couldn't stop watching. I never intended to watch the show but my friends kinda of made me watch it and I loved it lol. It was such a roller coaster though and I'm surprised I didn't already see anything about this show on here!

In my two cents I don't think Joe should be free but neither should half of those people. Especially Jeff. He was such a scum bag imo. I don't believe one minute Carole didn't kill her husband either! If you are going to cover it up at least get your story straight woman. You can't say two different things in two different interviews. You can be up on your high horse but if you really cared about those tigers you wouldn't have taken all of Joe's assets like that and his means to caring for them. You would have tried to get the tigers in a better place if you really cared about big cats. Not that your place is any better by the looks of it.

I could go on but I'm eager to hear what you guys think!
    Last edited by Dita; 05-20-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dita For This Useful Post:

Fiore (05-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    16d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    God that show was so mesmerizing to watch but I feel like by the end of it you should realistically dislike Joe as much as everybody else.
    It's somewhat surprisingly he seems to have pretty strong support regardless, I guess it's because he's the titular character but people really seem to turn a blind eye to his predatory behaviour.

Amazing entertainment but there are almost no redeemable characters outside of the guy who got his arm ripped off imo.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I tried to watch it, but couldn't stand to watch more than 20 minutes of it. I think I set myself up for failure when I already came up with what it'd be about in my head. For some reason I thought maybe it'd be something educational, like Crocodile Hunter? Needless to say I was extremely disappointed. It doesn't look like I'm missing out on much anyway.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Seagate For This Useful Post:

Erik. (05-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagate View Post
    I tried to watch it, but couldn't stand to watch more than 20 minutes of it. I think I set myself up for failure when I already came up with what it'd be about in my head. For some reason I thought maybe it'd be something educational, like Crocodile Hunter? Needless to say I was extremely disappointed. It doesn't look like I'm missing out on much anyway.
    Same tbh
    Though I tried to watch because of the memes.
    But ack, I can't say it was joyful for me, so I just dropped :x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to l0st1d0l For This Useful Post:

Erik. (05-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I watched the whole series when it came out and it was one of the strangest documentaries that i had ever watched, The fact there are places in america that allow big cats to be kept is surreal to me.

Im a bit biased because i actually liked him i dont think he should still be in jail!

after all F*ck that B*th Carol Baskin

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    74/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Carole Baskin is INNOCENT.
    And by "innocent," I mean in a court of law there's really no evidence. It's the perfect crime and I support boss bitches.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    This doc was the most brilliant dumpster fire I've watched in a long time. I was sucked in and couldn't look away. How do people like this get away with what they do?! (well, not Joe lol). And the amount of money people pay to go to these places BLEW MY MIND.

But I NEED a follow up documentary on Doc Antle and the insane cult he is clearly running, like how has he brainwashed these women into boob jobs and living with him this whole time???

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshun View Post
    This doc was the most brilliant dumpster fire I've watched in a long time. I was sucked in and couldn't look away. How do people like this get away with what they do?! (well, not Joe lol). And the amount of money people pay to go to these places BLEW MY MIND.

But I NEED a follow up documentary on Doc Antle and the insane cult he is clearly running, like how has he brainwashed these women into boob jobs and living with him this whole time???
    I absolutely agree with this, it was pretty trashy, but I couldn't help but keep watching! I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about Doc either. Personally though, I think they're all as wackier than wack. Tigers are cool and all, but what's wrong with just getting a normal housecat like everyone else?
    actual sig pic coming soonTM

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wildnova For This Useful Post:

Oshun (05-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It was a crazy crazy show. They are all terrible people IMO, especially if you are going to treat animals like that and act like there is nothing wrong with it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    27d 7h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I hate that I loved it, but I did.

Also, this line from the New Yorker review sums it up for me:
    "For the past four years, we have trained ourselves not to laugh at the antics of bad men; our collective embrace of �Tiger King� speaks of a renewed craving for the crass, the politically incorrect, the culturally insensitive�an outlet for the id now that the ego is under siege."
    (you need an account to see links).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gjniev For This Useful Post:

Oshun (05-23-2020)