Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: If you could buy neo, what are the first actions you would take?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I thought about this for a while, and I think the biggest change I'd make to Neopets if I could (which is essentially what this question is asking) is to move to an ID system for users and pets. That way both could be changed at any time (though you could add restrictions) and you would stop all this stupid shit with name trading and freezing people for inappropriate usernames, etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    16d 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    This idea might seem a bit "out there", but I think it would be cool if they allowed players to write/script games, and earn a commission (in NP) when they are played. Perhaps they could release some kind of API or area for scripting. This way, a lot of dedicated players with development skills could focus on improving Neopets for everyone (and save their dev team time), instead of developing cheating applications.

Aside from that, mainly the things they're already doing, perhaps taking them a step further:

- More incentives for people to log in daily (Trudy)
    - New mobile site, converting everything away from flash
    - I love The Coincidence and Charity Corner - they stimulate the game economy, and also prune the site's database
    - I really liked them putting a human staff member on Instagram
    - Alternatives to freezing accounts (e.g. muting/silencing) to retain players. Take this to another level. Don't freeze cheaters - instead make it harder to cheat, or keep players entertained enough that they don't cheat

For money:

- I don't like the NC mall, but another tier of premium (maybe invite-only for long time premium members, so it doesn't detract people from buying the current premium product)
    - Sell more merchandise and collectors items (people will spend a fortune to get an avatar code)
    - Microtransactions/in-app purchases within games (some people would hate this if done wrong)

Also:

- Neomail - remove/increase the 100 message limit (at least for premium members)! I'd also like notifications on my phone if I got a Neomail, trade offer, won an auction, etc (this would require an app)
    - Ease the moderation a little bit - it shouldn't block "cracked negg"
    - An engaging multiplayer game like Key Quest
    - A game like Habitarium (and taking it way further beyond level 50)
    - Better gamification of unranked parts of the site (e.g. fix the Battledome leaderboards). People love leaderboards/trophies.
    - Fix user lookups - display pet levels again. This is the only way to brag on Neopets, and you instead get bombarded with CAPTCHAs (I'm presuming these pages get hit by search engines or put extreme load on Neopets servers - perhaps optimise them?).
    - Take Battleground of the Obelisk to a new level (and give people more incentive to use the Battledome), fix/improve the World Challenges
    - Food club: this might be an unpopular idea, but I think it gives too much of an advantage to older accounts. Perhaps increase the new account amount from 50 NP
    - Completely redo the whole guild thing. Guilds/groups/clans are extremely popular in online gaming, but this part of Neopets is complete crap

Site issues:

- Fix HTTPS
    - Some of the old PHP page loading games (e.g. Snow Wars, Kacheek Seek) would be much more playable if converted to AJAX. Not sure if ad revenue is based on page loads though
    - Gradually change/improve things. Don't just suddenly and drastically change the site like they're doing with the new theme (too late now) - this will alienate players
    Last edited by ozfe; 06-06-2020 at 11:13 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ozfe For This Useful Post:

Bellz (06-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    18d 6h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I usually don't wish ill on people but the first thing I'd do if I could buy Neo would be to fire Tony P. Between the recent drama and all the stories on here, Neopets Nation, the boards and the subreddit he really doesn't seem suited to be working in customer support.

EDIT: Oops I realize that was like the first thing that was said in this thread. In any case the point stands lmao
    Last edited by Worlds; 06-07-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 1h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    From what I read I think I would also fire Tony.

I would bring back those amazing long plots. I would also include plots that can be done by new users.
    I would bring back keyquest.
    Than I would include two standard designs for the younger and the adult group plus an option that you can choose between the "old" designed Pets and the converted one.

Another problem to me is this birthday verification. On the one hand, the page aimes also for young users. Those are advised to give as less information as possible on websites. We need an alternative here. Like Questions, an additional pw something like that.

Challenges like this tiles event at Hogwarts Mystery. You get a field with 16 tiles. every tile has a task and depending on the difficulty it has a different highness of points. You play against random players and depending on which place you take at the end you win different prices.

Than doing social media to get more users. Than I would bring back the awsome plush-merch. Maybe with codes for special items
    Last edited by Flamingo of doom; 06-07-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    4d 3h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Since I just started playing again after like.... 7? years I can't believe how much stuff is the same/not updated or worse.

1. Guild experience- why does it look the same as it did like 15 years ago lol I just find it so dated and annoying to deal with when on WoW we can just openly talk about discord and get people on there.
    2. Refocus on current users! It's almost all adults is it not? and I can't even type skill without it getting flagged... please. I find their censorship so heavy handed
    3. Definitely UC brush/perk/something! That would be awesome and valuable.
    4. I don't know much about back-end issues but yeah just making sure it's all updated to html5 and figure out this mobile stuff... I'm just confused with the beta lol why are they pushing a mobile site on my desktop that has a 27 in screen?

I feel like there's so many things that could make the site more enjoyable but who knows what they'll end up doing haha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TipsyTay For This Useful Post:

cuddlypanda (06-08-2020)

Chopper
    Pronouns
    she / her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I would bring back KQ and habitarium, as well as introduce live chat channel and fix the battledome!