Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: If you could buy neo, what are the first actions you would take?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    555d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I was a member of Leopets for a while, but it shut down and reopened and I didn't do whatever I needed to do to save my account in time.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    (no kid play this game)
    You are incorrect sir. Myself and other parents have kiddos that play with us.

As to what I'd do;
    • Offer all former team members a position with the site.
    • Focus on repairing/replacing broken things on the site.
    • Re-release ALL the mobile games/apps (KQ&Habi would both be apps; would also track down the game Nick was developing)
    • Offer some sort of in-game compensation for players that donate time/art/coding/etc to the game to increase it's viability
    • Start slowly releasing IRL merchandise, and a fan-zine (digital and/or paper)
    • Create a 3rd currency that allows for sale of nps/pets/art through legal channels
    • Release the NC trading post we were promised and do away with the user created values and most giftboxes
    • Allow account linking/combination to reduce the hassle of the current system
    • WAR PLOT
    • Implement an account sharing method like Howrse.com has.
    • Update the mail/board/news systems. Probably not live like FB, but something in-between?
    • Reintroduce sponsor games!
    • Develop an 'Animal Crossing'-esque farming style game, where you can pay an artist to convert your wearables, or have your pet go nekkid/pre-set wearables into the environment.
    • Offer portions of the site to verified mature audiences, and the ability to mark pages/profiles as mature and censored to minors.
    • Beef up and extend premium to multiple levels

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maelstra For This Useful Post:

gjniev (05-28-2020),kittyray (05-23-2020),Raylu (05-23-2020),Sakuras (05-23-2020),teslagirl (05-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I think one thing I would do is re-release some of the old things that happened. Since I recently rejoined Neopets due to quarantine there's just so much I've missed out on.

- Invasion of Meridell war plot would be nice to be re-released, would like to actually participate in an event like this!
    - Highly desirable crazy items and collectors items so it doesn't take literal year(s) of playing to obtain to be re-released (stamps, battledome items, books, etc.)
    - Some kind of yearly event(s) that re-release unobtainable avatars (I've always wanted that star Plushie avatar!)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Map For This Useful Post:

Erik. (05-23-2020),snaith (05-23-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    231 times
    Time Online
    95d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Map View Post
    I think one thing I would do is re-release some of the old things that happened. Since I recently rejoined Neopets due to quarantine there's just so much I've missed out on.

- Invasion of Meridell war plot would be nice to be re-released, would like to actually participate in an event like this!
    - Highly desirable crazy items and collectors items so it doesn't take literal year(s) of playing to obtain to be re-released (stamps, battledome items, books, etc.)
    - Some kind of yearly event(s) that re-release unobtainable avatars (I've always wanted that star Plushie avatar!)
    That would be an awesome idea. The Meridell war was one of the best plots and would still hold up to this day.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Map (05-23-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    First line of business, I'd bring back KeyQuest and also turn it into an app game (that actually runs fast and smooth) such that they web browser + app player base are put into the same pool and could get matched together
    I'm one of those ppl who are still hoping and praying that KeyQuest returns to us one day

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxglove For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 12h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    27m
    Fix the BD (HP increase mostly)

Make UCs available (even through premium and/or NC).

War plots (combination of battling like the darigan v meridell war plus the puzzles of the lost desert plot).

Find a way to secure the site without captchas for gods sake.

Overhaul of the forums. Its hella outdated.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeongyeon For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by qhn View Post
    I think so! I haven't gotten on LP yet, keep missing the first of the month.

I think it'd be cool to develop that old Neopets 1.0 framework, and then open source it, so everyone could do what they want with it and have it be a kind of sandbox game where you could change the world however you wanted. Though that would unfortunately eliminate community and require at least some knowledge of something like MySQL or private hosting. And you'd be self-hosting so you'd have to either invite people one by one onto your private server, or you'd be playing by yourself.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Definitely. He doesn't seem to want help though. Which makes me slightly skeptical that this is going anywhere. No one achieves anything alone!
    I recieved a message from him on reddit. Saying hes planning on holding a closed beta soon and has been working on it still.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Any one of the million little QoL improvements that the site desperately needs. I'd also want a site layout that doesn't look like something straight out of 2001. And maybe a coordinated art department with quality control and stylistic standards. I could go on.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    A lot of these will be reitering the great suggestions others have made but in summary:
    -Re-release KQ/Habitarium as mobile app games
    -Re-release IoM
    -In terms of UCs, release some kind of UC randomised PB (NC Item) that costs ~2000 NC and paints a chosen pet a random UC colour (stimulates the trading economy too as people are obsessed with trading/incentivises people to keep buying for that perfect colour for permanent pets).
    -Hire the tons of incredibly talented artists in the Neo community
    -Release a pet name change NC item
    -Complete re-do of the Battledome
    -Adjust the frequency in which certain stamps (those in the hundreds of millions of nps) and other such items are restocked to increase availability but balance rarity
    -Fire Tony, promote Alice
    -Relax filters on the boards - I would probably move to gear this towards the actual player base, (young-middle aged adults) with certain boards available to younger members (i.e. help chat, newbie chat).
    -Probably two-factor authentication for account security (account security is a joke atm)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allegra For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-28-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-28-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
    A lot of these will be reitering the great suggestions others have made but in summary:
    -Re-release KQ/Habitarium as mobile app games
    -Re-release IoM
    -In terms of UCs, release some kind of UC randomised PB (NC Item) that costs ~2000 NC and paints a chosen pet a random UC colour (stimulates the trading economy too as people are obsessed with trading/incentivises people to keep buying for that perfect colour for permanent pets).
    -Hire the tons of incredibly talented artists in the Neo community
    -Release a pet name change NC item
    -Complete re-do of the Battledome
    -Adjust the frequency in which certain stamps (those in the hundreds of millions of nps) and other such items are restocked to increase availability but balance rarity
    -Fire Tony, promote Alice
    -Relax filters on the boards - I would probably move to gear this towards the actual player base, (young-middle aged adults) with certain boards available to younger members (i.e. help chat, newbie chat).
    -Probably two-factor authentication for account security (account security is a joke atm)
    Love all of these ideas!
    Balancing rarity and re releasing items are something I never shut up about lol. Doesn't make sense to advertise a game to kids with items that retired before they were even born.

Seeing a re release/revamp of old plots would be really nice too.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Allegra (05-28-2020),Corliss (06-06-2020),Fabulous (05-28-2020)