Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do you all have IRL friends or even Neofriends?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I don't know anyone in my hometown who plays Neo.
    Where I live is very small, I know some people who played it when we were child, but not anymore.

And I'm kind of embarrased to say to them that I'm still playing.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Me and my friends used to play at lunch time in elementary school!

Remember the day i got the lab map !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would wake up extra early to zapp

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Most of my neofriends are now IRL friends. There's nothing like smoking a bowl with someone you met on the fanclubs chat when you were 12 years old.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tox87 For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-28-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-28-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    458 times
    Time Online
    149d 15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I could have also sworn you said do you have IRL friends and was gonna be like oh this is the thread for me as I dont. I have no friends that play neo.

Neofriends though. I have had some great chats with a few people and check in with them from time to time. Had a reconnection lately with some because of quarantine so that was cool.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by tox87 View Post
    Most of my neofriends are now IRL friends. There's nothing like smoking a bowl with someone you met on the fanclubs chat when you were 12 years old.
    Literal goals
    Haven't met anyone that lives near me yet

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Exciting but nerve-wracking life update - two of my best friends were chatting about neopets and have decided to rejoin. One just messaged me like �join the nostalgia party if you haven�t already!� so obviously I was like �oh I have.� So like, friends to play with like when I was a kid!

However that also means that soon it will become very clear to them that I�ve spent a buuuunch of money on my accounts lmao

Pray for me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Oshun (05-31-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgiawave View Post
    Exciting but nerve-wracking life update - two of my best friends were chatting about neopets and have decided to rejoin. One just messaged me like “join the nostalgia party if you haven’t already!” so obviously I was like “oh I have.” So like, friends to play with like when I was a kid!

However that also means that soon it will become very clear to them that I’ve spent a buuuunch of money on my accounts lmao

Pray for me
    Enjoy the month or so you have with them playing. In my experience, that's what happens when people engage with something old because of nostalgia; they do so for a short time and forget about it. Honestly, with the way JS are handling things I can't really blame them if they do as I predict, but then, I don't know you or your friends. I'm sorry if this came off as cynical or defeatist, I do really wish you and them luck.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't know anyone in real life who plays. Then again I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I play neo. My partner of 8 years knows, although it took a couple years for me to admit it!

I have never really been able to make friends on neo. I have good interactions with a bunch of people but that is about it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    9d 3h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin1991 View Post

How do you keep yourself interested?
    None of my IRL friends play neo, I do make friends on PC, but just surface level friends since I don't want them to know I'm a massive cheater. In the past, I love to frequent PC and trade pets, but now I've shifted my interest to collect avatars, helping people out with their goals whenver I can? That's what keeps me going back to the dying site.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by hatpacket View Post
    Enjoy the month or so you have with them playing. In my experience, that's what happens when people engage with something old because of nostalgia; they do so for a short time and forget about it. Honestly, with the way JS are handling things I can't really blame them if they do as I predict, but then, I don't know you or your friends. I'm sorry if this came off as cynical or defeatist, I do really wish you and them luck.
    Lol nah that’s a totally sound theory! I actually also came back after 10+ years 3 or 4 months ago, and they’re both similar enough to me / apparently played seriously enough in the past that I actually think this’ll turn into keeping each other involved. We’ll see though!

Either way my current concern is “don’t worry about why I have so much NC stuff”