Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you all have IRL friends or even Neofriends?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Only one, a long distance friend. We didn't talk much these last years but he came back to neopets and started talking about it to me, I decided to come back too and now I talk to him more than I talk to my family lol (I'm antisocial tho so I don't really talk that much)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Well my friends and I played Neopets when we were 9 years old and I'm the only one that never grows up haha. So now I'm the only one playing but whenever I play and someone sees me in my university they immediately relate ('omg I can't believe this website is still on!') The people I'm neofriends with are people from my country I find on the boards cuz it's pretty rare and I'm always excited and trying to get friendly. I guess not a lot of people make this move. Overall I had some neofriends from around the world but they are not active anymore.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 7h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    A bunch of my friends and I played together in middle school and I stuck around. A couple played on off, but the last one got iced a couple years ago. I've drifted in and out of different neopets communities over the years and made a lot of lasting acquaintanceships. Nobody I talk to regularly, but people I'm genuinely happy to see around on facebook/twitter/instagram. I also have a few friends I met in other online communities who I added on neo, but none of them are very active.

Also, I too thought at first this was just asking if we had friends, period.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Anyone who's a neofriend of mine I've actually met offsite through other means and we'll occasionally suck each other back in to the site. There's only one exception to this, someone who started out as a neofriend and over a decade later we've met up several times.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Seagate For This Useful Post:

kittyray (05-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    27d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I have neofriends that I've met IRL and that I have on FB / Instagram. But I don't have any one I've known in real life then found out they played Neopets.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    12d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    My best friend irl and I got into Neopets at the same time as kids, we don't talk anymore but the site has so much nostalgia for me because of that. Rushing home from school to playing games, make points, saving for our first lab map together etc!

I have a couple people I talk to regularly, the site wouldn't be the same without people to chat with imo.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gia For This Useful Post:

penguin1991 (05-21-2020),vincenzo0o (05-28-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Two of my best friends played Neo with me back in the day (early 2000s) but obviously they don't play anymore. Also I was the only one that was really into Neo like... hardcore. And my friends played more casually.

I have some "casual" Neofriends (that I talk to on the boards often) but I don't think I've ever had "actual" friends on Neopets... that sounds really sad haha. Someone be my friend pls.

I mean hey, everyone here at ck is cool.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

penguin1991 (05-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Back in college, I used to have a lot of neofriends, but this was when the guilds and boards were more active. Now all my NFs are inactive.

I sometimes lurk the Neopets discord or RS&Chat groups, but so many people in those places are report-happy. I mainly stick to myself.

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Seeing as my IRL friend group isn't enormous, and somewhat 'normie', no, none of my RL friends ever played Neopets that I know of.

When I was younger (12ish) I had a group of friends from my guild and RP boards. It was all just so much more active back then, so it wasn't hard keeping a conversation going. Wasn't it a thing that you couldn't post a message in the guild at the same time as another member or if you posted too much you'd get a Meerca or something? Anyways, that happened a lot. Those were the days, when you could also see how long your NFs had been online for and then make fun of them for having no life.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    443 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I got into neo in the first place just because irl friends told me about it when I was 9. but I'm not in touch with them anymore and I'm pretty sure they don't play anymore anyway.
    Also since neo isn't that popular where I'm from I never actually met someone that even used to play, so there's that too.

As for neofriends, never had those either. I never was one to interact a lot on-site, and even when I did it was when my English was garbage. But it was fun, I was in a guild and we chatted there, but it wasn't even about neo so...

But in general I did found a lot of friends through forums and anime so I totally know what it's like, and those were mostly my closest friends.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!